Mega Thread Yay I'm going to be a Parent - All blessed news re future hawks in here please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations #Millsie69
My Dad bought my daughter her first membership when she was born in July
I put the bib with her name on it into storage, along with her membership pack, as a keepsake for her (after I put it on her and sent photos to everyone I know)!

That’s awesome! I do wonder what I’ll do with all of the packs that I accumulate before she can begin to appreciate them 😂

Looks like MrsP is up the duff again. That will make if 4 under 5.

Think its time to consider that snip.
Maybe buy a TV?

Congrats. 3 under 5 is hell, we were spooked away from another.

Can we have an update from all the new(ish) parents in this thread, how has parenthood been for you guys. We had our first flow the coop a couple of weeks ago, and only have two left (21 and 19). Since this thread has been going since macdaddio's post in 2013 it'd be interesting to see how everything has been going.

Can we have an update from all the new(ish) parents in this thread, how has parenthood been for you guys. We had our first flow the coop a couple of weeks ago, and only have two left (21 and 19). Since this thread has been going since macdaddio's post in 2013 it'd be interesting to see how everything has been going.
We had Chase in 2019 & Hudson (Buddy) in 2020.

Chase does as his name suggests but instead of tackling - he bites :oops:

We had Chase in 2019 & Hudson (Buddy) in 2020.

Chase does as his name suggests but instead of tackling - he bites :oops:
Auditioning for the dogs?

Given that we're from Perth, I'm teaching him to eye-gouge so he can get a gig with WCE.
Very nice. The problem with Eagle eye-gougers is they have to finish out their careers with Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our little bloke just turned 1. Hoping he becomes the first Cassidy (first name) to play for the Hawks someday.

He has been a little legend since day 1. Since he hit 12 months he's been a little more inconsistent with the sleeping and the moods. Makes sense though considering all the developmental milestones they start to hit around this point.

Been walking since 11 months. Now is starting to build up a head of steam so running isn't far off.

Everything is dog. The dogs are dogs. Outside is dog. The TV is dog. He's also started imitating the barking. Can't get a legit, deliberate 'Mum' or 'Dad' yet though without a lot of prompting :straining:.

Sleeps well mostly although needs 2 small bottles during the night. We still regularly get between 6 and 8 hours of sleep every night though so can't complain.

Only real difficulty has been with his eating. Some days he'd rather chew food and spit it out than actually swallow it. We're hoping the two days a week he's just started at daycare will help that a little.

Also a little energiser bunny. We have friends who could chuck on the TV for their one year olds and get half an hour or so of peace. We get about 1 minute before he'd rather go and find the next 'dog' in the house somewhere.

All in all, he made 2020 actually mean something positive. Best thing we ever did. Love him to bits.

Expat living in Singapore, i've got a 4yo, 3yo and 10 month old. Living away from home, we've got very little support.

Working in Corporate Finance during a pandemic, things can get very busy, long hours away from kids. It's really tough, but its a short-medium term plan to sort out finances.

Having a few kids close together has been tough, a lot of work but a really big blessing. They get on so well together and their lives are better for having each other.

I've got no time for anything outside of work and kids. They are my weekends.

Expat living in Singapore, i've got a 4yo, 3yo and 10 month old. Living away from home, we've got very little support.

Working in Corporate Finance during a pandemic, things can get very busy, long hours away from kids. It's really tough, but its a short-medium term plan to sort out finances.

Having a few kids close together has been tough, a lot of work but a really big blessing. They get on so well together and their lives are better for having each other.

Awesome MrP!

My little girl is nearly 8 months old
It has, without doubt, been the best time of both my wife and my lives
She has been such a good baby
Sleeps so well(mostly), very placid, hardly ever cries as long as she has a full belly and an empty nappy!
The first 3 months was during the lockdown, so my wife had no-one to help (I was able to continue to work at my workplace)
She found it a little hard (first time mum) and her parents were supposed to stay with us but couldn’t due to the pandemic
They live in Seattle
After getting more confident with motherhood, my wife has been fantastic (with a little help from me, I try and take over on weekends to give her a break)
We are blessed, as we had tried so long to become parents and nearly gave up
Thank god my wife continued to explore all avenues as IVF had failed us in Australia, and IVM was successful for us in Vietnam

Huge credit to Mrs P too for doing the heavy lifting at home :D

Evie is 5 months old now. Happy as can be! Rolled for the first time the other day, but is hitting all the important milestones.

Was incredibly tough for the first few months as she had colic, but we seem to be through that phase now.

Sleep has been quite solid until the past few weeks when all the lights seem to have switched on in her head and she's waking every few hours just to babble and try to roll again lol

But it's undoubtedly been one of the most amazing things to happen to us and my wife has been incredible throughout :D

When I started this thread I was just excited to let everyone know, but I never imagine it would go as awesome as it has.
Congrats to all you hawks dads and keep letting us know about your big days!

When I started this thread I was just excited to let everyone know, but I never imagine it would go as awesome as it has.
Congrats to all you hawks dads and keep letting us know about your big days!
So how is your little one going? Mine are 19, 21 and 25... But I still get goosebumps when I think of their journey.

So how is your little one going? Mine are 19, 21 and 25... But I still get goosebumps when I think of their journey.
She’s now 7 turning 8 in grade 2, time just goes by so quickly that sometimes you need to pause and enjoy the cheecky and cute side to our kids because it’s the best time.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back