MRP / Trib. 2021 MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Apr 22, 2008
Mamba Style !!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers
I wonder if Clark getting up and stumbling backwards did Williams in. Would anyone be surprised?
The stagger/stumble backwards would of definitely had an impact on the decision, also the recent outcomes on CTE in relation to Tuck & Frawley deaths.

AFL will be under immense pressure to stamp this out and must now be consistent all season.

M_I_G

Premium Gold
Aug 28, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Ben Longs hit against WB last year was deemed medium impact as well and that was 5 times worse.

Hopefully we go get a whole bunch of footage of other ones deemed low that are similar. The medium ones I am finding at the moment are way worse.
AFAIK they can’t pull in previous decisions and use those as examples, hasn’t it been that way for a couple of years?
How different is it to the Ben long incident anyway ..the more I watch, less n less :(

Last edited:

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
Mark Robinson getting totally and disproportionately outraged over this on 360. It actually took Dermott of all people to bring it back down to earth and say "hang on a second Mark, is there really any malice in that? Yes, he's done the wrong thing and will be in trouble but c'mon".

He already was, but Robinson is a disgrace and a gronk. There is 0% chance he carries on like that if it's Zach Merrett as the offender. He is so obvious in his intentions and so utterly s**t at his job.

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Medium impact
Sheesh. Ya gotta be kidding right? What counts as light impact?
There shouldn’t be any bs ‘set an example’ rulings when there is a offence categorization system.
The worrying concept for me is that journalists have made the argument that because the victim got a concussion test post game then medium impact was warranted, surely any player who gets a head knock would be given a concussion test regardless of impact these days and that logic would allow clubs to use concussion tests strategically, give a concussion tes, get a key opponent a week.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Mark Robinson getting totally and disproportionately outraged over this on 360. It actually took Dermott of all people to bring it back down to earth and say "hang on a second Mark, is there really any malice in that? Yes, he's done the wrong thing and will be in trouble but c'mon".

He already was, but Robinson is a disgrace and a gronk. There is 0% chance he carries on like that if it's Zach Merrett as the offender. He is so obvious in his intentions and so utterly sh*t at his job.

Hopefully in 12 months time, we can truly find out.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Trial by media... would Selwood be suspended???
Or Ablett?

Williams probably deserved a week, it was a pretty silly act, ALTHOUGH the consistency of the MRO is baffling.

So if your name is G Ablett Jnr, you're basically a protected species....in 2019, the one on the left was a fine, and the one on the right a few weeks later 'nothing to see here, move on'. Both instances his feet had left the ground to 'bump' similar to Williams.

And all adjudicated by one person, so not sure how anyone could justify any consistency.

Alas, we move on, and Zach will be cherry ripe to go for round 2 against the filth :thumbsu:

1615189459441.png
1615189516018.png

Apr 22, 2008
Mamba Style !!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers
A serious question to raise, if it was classified as medium impact, then why is the doc not getting investigated for allowing the player to continue to play? Surely if it deserves a player to be rubbed out for medium impact, then symptoms of concussion existed?
The AFL have changed the wording around concussion if I am not mistaken, they can be found guilty of “potential to cause injury” as well as actually causing injury.

Back