Teams 2021 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Who are you selecting in your starting Team - Vote Yes to Multiple Players, Votes can be changed

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

View attachment 1078970
version nfi

feeling very nervous about going grundy-less. fk it.
Thats the best non gawndy team ive seen.
Usually the folks who create these teams dont mind a bit of risk.
You dont seem to have taken major risks elsewhere.
if that makes any sense.
good team.
just the rookies to go.
good luck!

I think I'm finally set on my team, let me know your thoughts! Anywhere I can use the leftover cash?
Thanks in advance!

View attachment 1078973
nice team
cant falt it.
bramble to a fyfe gets you laird swing.
even a different loop with dpp woud be more useful.
You may get weeks were you can loop 2 lines.

Better late than never.

I have joined the party but do not have any leagues to join :(

1615957697894.png

Alright, I am running with this kentlemen!

Screenshot_20210317-164518_SuperCoach.jpg Screenshot_20210317-164534_SuperCoach.jpg

A few pointers:

- Picked the obvious guns (Lloyd, Laird, Macrae, Gawn, Grundy, Danger, Dunkley) plus flavour in the month Short.

- Tried to fit in the 4th DEF Premo but couldn't make it work, allowing for Young and Daniher.

- MID differs from a lot of teams by going 6 deep in value rather than 4 deep in $600k premos.

- I believe Phillips and Caldwell can be forward line keepers, hence their inclusion.

- I feel like I am trying to stretch my money out and get value as much as possible, however would have preferred one or two less mid pricers.

A different take, but I would rather pick the value players I see as keepers to perform rather than trying to fit as many guns as possible.

Have at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Done. Finally. Premiums and mid-prices are set. Haven't made changes there in days. Finally fully content. Still happy for people to tear me to shreds though. Worpel is slightly heart over head, but my gut all summer has said that he averages 100, which would be beautiful as a $474k 1% POD.

Rookies have been switching around a bit today. Bruhn instead of Dow nets me a really nice float to take into the season. Still a small chance that changes which allows Murray at D8 to be turned into Lachie Jones if he gets a gig this weekend.

Busy on Saturday so rookies have to be set leading into Sunday to the best of my ability.

Was also tossing up between Fullerton and Warner in the forward line. Would love some confirmation of their inclusion (and Bergman) earlier than Saturday night teams before fully deciding. May have no choice though.

Anyway, here is the team that won't win $50k or win any leagues.

PS. Gambling that Neale and Lloyd are slightly overpriced due to last years inflated scaling. Managed to start last year without either, bring them in later on and still finish in the top 1500, so not too stressed about their omissions.

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 4.52.42 pm.png

View attachment 1079061View attachment 1079062

A few pointers:

- Picked the obvious guns (Lloyd, Laird, Macrae, Gawn, Grundy, Danger, Dunkley) plus flavour in the month Short.

- Tried to fit in the 4th DEF Premo but couldn't make it work, allowing for Young and Daniher.

- MID differs from a lot of teams by going 6 deep in value rather than 4 deep in $600k premos.

- I believe Phillips and Caldwell can be forward line keepers, hence their inclusion.

- I feel like I am trying to stretch my money out and get value as much as possible, however would have preferred one or two less mid pricers.

A different take, but I would rather pick the value players I see as keepers to perform rather than trying to fit as many guns as possible.

Have at it.
nice team.
young and caldwell the only picks i wouldnt take.
your risk to take i suppose.

Pretty happy with this line-up

PODs in Kelly, Houston and Butters who should all benefit from free-flowing mark/kick gamestyle.

No Laird, hoping its the wrong year for the midfield transition.

3 mid-pricers in Clark, Green and Ziebell hoping all can average 85+ to flip them for a premium pretty quickly.

Thoughts appreciated

1615960793861.png

A few pointers:

Have at it.

Short Young Butts

LzEa3S.gif

Pretty happy with this line-up

PODs in Kelly, Houston and Butters who should all benefit from free-flowing mark/kick gamestyle.

No Laird, hoping its the wrong year for the midfield transition.

3 mid-pricers in Clark, Green and Ziebell hoping all can average 85+ to flip them for a premium pretty quickly.

Thoughts appreciated

View attachment 1079090

Like the Houston pick. Would like to go with him again but already gambling on PODs elsewhere and don't want to add another.

A few pointers:

Have at it.
You've got a clear strategy and reasoning.
Historically, the Caldwell / Young picks are difficult to pull off.
You've already highlighted D4 as the spot you'd ideally want a clearcut premo if you're running Clark at D5.
Would lean toward Young + Caldwell > DEF premo + rookie but your option can come off and if you like it, run it.
Nice side.

Done. Finally. Premiums and mid-prices are set. Haven't made changes there in days. Finally fully content. Still happy for people to tear me to shreds though. Worpel is slightly heart over head, but my gut all summer has said that he averages 100, which would be beautiful as a $474k 1% POD.

Rookies have been switching around a bit today. Bruhn instead of Dow nets me a really nice float to take into the season. Still a small chance that changes which allows Murray at D8 to be turned into Lachie Jones if he gets a gig this weekend.

Busy on Saturday so rookies have to be set leading into Sunday to the best of my ability.

Was also tossing up between Fullerton and Warner in the forward line. Would love some confirmation of their inclusion (and Bergman) earlier than Saturday night teams before fully deciding. May have no choice though.

Anyway, here is the team that won't win $50k or win any leagues.

PS. Gambling that Neale and Lloyd are slightly overpriced due to last years inflated scaling. Managed to start last year without either, bring them in later on and still finish in the top 1500, so not too stressed about their omissions.

View attachment 1079084
Nice team, 14 keepers. Lots of cheap cash cows will do that and no Lloyd and Neale. But if it works it's brilliant.

No Lloyd AND Neale might, think you need one, but time will tell.

Do you have cash in the bank for rookie correction trades if required? 3 x $102k rookies might kill your cash flow.

This might be more a question for another thread (structure one??), but:

Who’s going:
One big dog (Gawn/Grundy)
Two rookie priced rucks (presumably Flynn locked and one of Hunter/Meek)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back