Teams 2021 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Who are you selecting in your starting Team - Vote Yes to Multiple Players, Votes can be changed

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
“Settled” with 11 hours to go.

Nervous about the rookie depth this year so I’ve loaded up on premier rookies with decent JS to cover risk.

Zac Williams is too good to pass up at the price and I’d rather not burn a trade

Attachments

• CBD5BA26-D8B6-41FB-869F-7A4E3000E8B1.jpeg
    CBD5BA26-D8B6-41FB-869F-7A4E3000E8B1.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 7D37F749-7E60-4261-8349-DD34B448FB37.jpeg
    7D37F749-7E60-4261-8349-DD34B448FB37.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 69

Very happy with how the team is looking, I feel like I have nice balance in each line. 35.5k left in the bank.
View attachment 1079516
I worry how shallow you are in the middle. Premo mids are still where the bulk of your scoring comes from. There's a chance you just struggle to keep up scoring wise in the early rounds as a result. Personally, I just don't see the bang for your buck elsewhere to justify it.

Have decided that Max is Gawn and ROB in. I just don't see Gawn maintaining his scoring this season and feel that freeing up the cash has given me opportunities to get more points elsewhere and to add a bit more flexibility.

I'm pretty happy with the line-up, only tweaks will be dependent on rookie selections.
cb6941d1bb1abfa06edc4cfcc39391af.jpg

Anybody else starting with a team that they really don't like?
My forward line is poo, but whadyagonnado.

If Bergman or Jones get picked I'll probably dump Impey for one of them. My preference would be to have Laurie as a donut forward, giving me DPP flexibility via Cox/Fantasia. Can be achieved at first rookie cull if need be. Just so few defenders to choose from

1616020451192.png

Just remembered that I need a loophole option. All my rookies look like playing. Any got a designated 102 rookie for a loophole option only?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just remembered that I need a loophole option. All my rookies look like playing. Any got a designated 102 rookie for a loophole option only?
Fyfe from the Suns a good option. Maybe wait and see how your VC goes as you might not need one round 1? You probably won't have 30 starters round 2 anyway :moustache:

This is it. My final team. Any final feedback welcomed. T Kelly and Greene as PODs. ROB and Cripps worry me the most. Ditched Cogs for Taranto but kind of want him back. 100k in the bank for DEF corrections.

1616022311922.png
1616022341089.png

Show your team, would be interesting to see
I'll top you

DEF: 8/9 most popular
MID: 8/9 most popular
RUCK: 3/3 most popular
FWD: 9/10 most popular

Safe is good for me this year lol

God help me, somehow Dow has made it into my team. Someone talk me out of it
If he has a shocker, I reckon Dow can be dropped for Zilliams or Jartin. Not sure if there's others to come back as well.

At the moment I have Impey ahead of him, just.

Worst case I'll rookie correction trade him in in round 3

All set except for last minute rookie changes. I’ll wait until after round two to make call on downgrading Grundy for a Lloyd or Laird in the backline.
6A8A3945-7579-493D-AA46-6470BE3C75E4.jpeg

Gonna do it a bit different my team posting. Give us your thoughts.

Premium locks =
D: Laird, Daniel, May, Docherty
M: Danger, Titch, Fyfe, Adams, Taranto
R: Grundy
F: Dusty, Butters, JDG

MP potential to be keeper =
M: Caldwell

MP cash cow, at worse become 6th keeper
D: Aliir
F: Ziebell, Daniher

Rookies:
D: Highmore, Kosi, Jones