VFL VFL: Geelong Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooper Stephens being carried off the ground. Looks like an ankle or lower leg. Looks to be in a fair amount of pain. Hopefully nothing serious. Was on fire before hand
Oh FFS

GO CAtters

Just home after the vfl hit out. Cooper has an ankle injury which was still being assessed , reckon he will be off for scans. Max Holmes is a footballer another Wells find, could push for a debut later in the season. All our recruits had their moments and all showed potential. Senior players were disappointing but it was only a Vfl practice match. I may write more details tonight after our afl match.

Max Holmes showed a bit of dash at times and it was nice to see a pacey player not murder the kick.

Kreuger took some nice contested marks in defense as did Jarvis up forward.

Taheny seemed to be able to shake his opponent and get into space. Although I don't recall him kicking any goals. He did have a few rushed shots.

I don't know who number 71 for the Cats is, but he is very aggressive at the ball and the player. He looks like he wants to physically hurt his opponent. I like his aggression but he may have to be careful. He plays very close to the edge. It would not surprise me if he fronts the tribunal if he continues to play like that.
Nick Stevens looks a tidy player with nice disposal by foot.

The way Jenkins is going...

Freddy or Fort will be in next week

GO Catters

The way Jenkins is going...

Freddy or Fort will be in next week

GO Catters

Freedie should have been give a go this week.. but I cant say that would make a difference. Our mid group jave been flogged. Crows are just working a lot harder than us.

So how long before a runner like Holme gets a go

Don’t know who does vfl best players, I thought Jack Henry was disappointing today and looks too slow for today’s footy. I saw some positives from our young y’all’s although the windy conditions didn’t help them. They all need to add about 8-10 kms before they are afl ready, Paul Tsapatolis did some nice things in the ruck in the second half ( only played one half) Shannon Neale took a couple of good grabs and looks like a future ruck/forward. SDK has ability but still very skinny. Nick Steven’s looks a good player down back may crack a senior game or two. Cooper prior to his ankle injury looked like the next midfielder in line. Narkle too classy for vfl but maybe doesn’t have the right desire. Fort was good coming back from injury a d will put pressure on afl rucks.

My only positive from today’s horrible day was seeing M Holmes named as Geelongs best.
Can someone that went please tell me where Dekoning played?
Mainly 1/2 back as I remember it.
But I am getting old and senile.

Max Holmes looks a player. I only saw the second half but he was clearly our best. The one-handed pick up at full pace was delicious. His size may hold him back this year but in saying that he wasn’t as light as I thought he’d be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong 1.1 3.4 6.7 6.9 (45)
Coburg 4.3 6.3 7.6 10.7 (67)

Goals: Fort 2, Holmes, Jarvis, DeKoning, Taheny

Best: Holmes, Tuohy, Henry, Harris, Fort, Johnston

Don’t know who does vfl best players, I thought Jack Henry was disappointing today and looks too slow for today’s footy. I saw some positives from our young y’all’s although the windy conditions didn’t help them. They all need to add about 8-10 kms before they are afl ready, Paul Tsapatolis did some nice things in the ruck in the second half ( only played one half) Shannon Neale took a couple of good grabs and looks like a future ruck/forward. SDK has ability but still very skinny. Nick Steven’s looks a good player down back may crack a senior game or two. Cooper prior to his ankle injury looked like the next midfielder in line. Narkle too classy for vfl but maybe doesn’t have the right desire. Fort was good coming back from injury a d will put pressure on afl rucks.
I think the lack of suitors for Narkle at the trade table for him last year might put the wind up him. I like him for the sub this week

Is there any universe where Neale could debut this year? And do you think he’ll be a more likely ruckman for the cats ahead of De Koning?
He's probably not in ruckman shape just yet. Given the age of our KPD stocks I think the ruck thing is more a handy rotation skill they're working on with SDK but I could be wrong. Thinking your boys might be wanting to bring him home? It looks like the coaches here certainly like him.

Is Jenkins officially done at AFL level?
Almost certainly. They just chose to run a significantly shorter backline against a forward mix involving 3x 2m players rather than risk him rucking again. If that's the lesser hole then he's done

Is Jenkins officially done at AFL level?

Given that the Geelong Football Club has said nothing "official" about Jenkins' career, I would think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back