Preview Changes vs the Saints(Rnd 2)-In: Viney, Out: Harmes(inj), Chandler(Omit)

Remove this Banner Ad

Viney for Sparrow

That's probably it at this point. Hibberd should probably come in for Hunt, but we'll need the pace against the Saints.

If fit:
Viney for Brayshaw
Hibberd for Hunt

Goody has to have some balls and drop Brayshaw. He clearly wasn't ready for AFL action after his zero preseason. Unfair on Sparrow if he gets dropped, was very good, most tackles on the ground, that's his role, he played it. Hibberd for Hunt is a no brainer, if Hibberd isn't ready then give Bowey a go. Jones and ANB shaky, playing for a spot for when Melksham comes back.

Brayshaw should go out but won’t, his effort was pretty pathetic. Hibberd comes in for Hunt and Viney for Sparrow (Even if it’ll stuff our midfield balance they’ll make the change).
his disposals and decision making were ******* horrendous

his disposals and decision making were ******* horrendous
If he didn't get that foot injury late last year, I would've put him on the trade table. Try and get an elite kick midfield/forward. Brayshaw is too vanilla, isn't fast or explosive, terrible kick and he shits himself at the sight of his own shadow, he has a couple things going for him though, he's tough at the coldface and has the ability to spread and be damaging going forward. Would be perfect for a developing midfield like Adelaide or a cherry on top for St.Kilda or west coast. I think we're realistically one elite inside/outside mid from being genuine flag contenders. But hey, he didn't get traded and he probably never will.

If he didn't get that foot injury late last year, I would've put him on the trade table. Try and get an elite kick midfield/forward. Brayshaw is too vanilla, isn't fast or explosive, terrible kick and he shits himself at the sight of his own shadow, he has a couple things going for him though, he's tough at the coldface and has the ability to spread and be damaging going forward. Would be perfect for a developing midfield like Adelaide or a cherry on top for St.Kilda or west coast. I think we're realistically one elite inside/outside mid from being genuine flag contenders. But hey, he didn't get traded and he probably never will.
If you wanted to trade Brayshaw for an elite kicking forward mid you ain't getting it and those teams mentioned don't have that player either.

Hunt was our weakest link today and should make for Hibberd if fit or for Bowey if we want pace.
If Viney is fit he should come in for Sparrow who played okay but was the weakest of our mids.

Can't understand the criticism of Brayshaw and ANB who I thought both played really well. ANB's hard work and tackling to keep the ball in the forward line as well as around the ground was invaluable and I thought Brawshaw's passing was very much improved. His problem is his low time on ground. I suspect the criticism of both stems from confirmation bias

What game were some of you people watching? Brayshaw's first quarter was s**t but he was actually good after that. His kicking inside 50 was particularly good, lowered the eyes and had a fair few score assists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you wanted to trade Brayshaw for an elite kicking forward mid you ain't getting it and those teams mentioned don't have that player either.
Gulden looks alright, him Bowey and Laurie is sexy.

What game were some of you people watching? Brayshaw's first quarter was sh*t but he was actually good after that. His kicking inside 50 was particularly good, lowered the eyes and had a fair few score assists.

Agreed, he looked like a player that was coming off minimal preparation - which he was.

Hunt played the worst game I can remember from a MFC player in recent memory, and that’s saying something. We would have been better off playing with 17. I can’t think of a single thing he did that had a positive impact on the team. His defensive positioning is horrendous, and he seems to think that he is now Dustin Martin and can fend off an entire team. We should honestly just delist him now and save him the embarrassment of ever having to potentially get picked again. Maybe this board should sponsor him just to guarantee he is traded/delisted at the end of the year.

Brayshaws second half was good.

Viney and Hibberd for Sparrow and Hunt.

Hunt was basically like us playing a man down

Hunt should only ever be the sub then at least his pace might come in handy.

I thought Rivers did enough. Would have liked to see a few tackles on the stat sheet though.

Hunt and Sparrow in the gun if we have changes I reckon. ANB would want a good game next week.
i reckon they'll give Viney another practice game before selecting him, but who knows. agree Sparrow would be the likely out if so.
Rivers turned it over quite a bit. he might need to go back and show he's found some composure before playing again. he only played 55% of the game too for some reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back