Bellend Barrett’s clarko agenda?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's saying we finished below 9th (ie. double figures) in each of those years and it would take a miracle for us to finish above 10th this year. He forgot 2020 anyway, the spanner.
He is saying that when we make the finals this year he will concede Clarko is a miracle worker

Fed up with Barret’s alleged criticism of the club in recent years, in particular towards chairman Ben Buckley and Archer, it prompted the club to privately complain to the AFL late last year.

It is said the AFL is monitoring Barrett’s commentary in his column.

Fed up with Barret’s alleged criticism of the club in recent years, in particular towards chairman Ben Buckley and Archer, it prompted the club to privately complain to the AFL late last year.

It is said the AFL is monitoring Barrett’s commentary in his column.
Where was this written?

Barrett’s views on the HFC are equatable to a chihuahua trying to bite the moving wheels of semi trailer.

Neither he or the dog really understands what it is that they’re doing, and were it not for all the pooping, barking and utensil sure stupidity, it would almost be entertaining to watch.

Almost....

Barrett’s views on the HFC are equatable to a chihuahua trying to bite the moving wheels of semi trailer.

Neither he or the dog really understands what it is that they’re doing, and were it not for all the pooping, barking and utensil sure stupidity, it would almost be entertaining to watch.

Almost....
That is GOLD!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got his positive comment about Hawthorn for the year out of the way early
Not about Hawthorn ... it was about Will Day. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would make a negative comment about the boy. Barrett included.

Fascinating to read Barrett’s take on the Chris Scott v Lions fracas on Friday night. Scott appeared to win his admiration for “ever-so-menacingly” and “ever-so-coolly” getting involved.

“It was old-school, stand-your-ground stuff, and I loved it. In a deliberately sanitised AFL world, it was as rare as a torpedo.”

Now I generally like to keep a critical and level-head when journalists are being pilloried on here – but – if you dare suggest Barrett’s interpretation would’ve been consistent if this was Clarko getting involved.. I WILL FIGHT YOU.

Certainly there was no hint of Barrett’s admiration for “menace” or “ground-standing” when reporting on Clarko’s “viscous slur” at Matthew Lloyd on the boundary after “that game” in 2009.

I’d have thought Clarko often provides that rare outburst of raw humanity in that “deliberately sanitised AFL world”, yet he continually attracts Barrett’s condemnation.

He's saying we finished below 9th (ie. double figures) in each of those years and it would take a miracle for us to finish above 10th this year. He forgot 2020 anyway, the spanner.
He said "last year" agreed he is a spanner, but he didn't forget last year.

Add, to no one's surprise, Cornes to the list of bellends. This hot take from him was laughable...

The comparison of our agency intake to Norf's is just silly. They barely got any B-listers in theirs and mainly C-grade players.

Add, to no one's surprise, Cornes to the list of bellends. This hot take from him was laughable...

The comparison of our agency intake to Norf's is just silly. They barely got any B-listers in theirs and mainly C-grade players.

He actually said on radio yesterday that you can't count CJ as under 25 talent because he was taken in the rookie draft so under that theory Dean Cox was a worse ruck than Hamish McIntosh.

Meh...I have never understood why we as supporters get so sensitive about negative media commentary.
We are 17th after all.
Is Cornes really saying anything different to what many supporters are saying anyway in the other threads?

Meh...I have never understood why we as supporters get so sensitive about negative media commentary.
We are 17th after all.
Is Cornes really saying anything different to what many supporters are saying anyway in the other threads?

Yeah exactly right mate. The key thing to remember is Kane Kornes is paid to get people to react emotionally.
I find it quite cringe as you never know what he's actually thinking.

I used to buy into it, but I have a self imposed media/social media ban and it's done wonders for my mental health.

I don't understand analysing a teams "talent" based on how many 1st round draft picks they've had.

It ignores:
- recruiting (i.e. Scrimshaw, a former first round pick)
- elite talent outside the first round (i.e. Worpel)
- the notion that first round draft picks are always good players (hint, some are a bust)

Such a lazy analysis

I don't understand analysing a teams "talent" based on how many 1st round draft picks they've had.

It ignores:
- recruiting (i.e. Scrimshaw, a former first round pick)
- elite talent outside the first round (i.e. Worpel)
- the notion that first round draft picks are always good players (hint, some are a bust)

Such a lazy analysis
Spot on - the draft get's you in the door and then all players are equal

We are 17th after all.
I am going to take your meh and meh it. People are having a go at him saying you can't count CJ as under 25 because he was taken in the Rookie draft. They aren't bemoaning him thinking hawthorn are crap. They are bemoaning the fact that Cornes is a campaigner-faced baboon wasting oxygen that could have been spent keeping Prince Philip alive long enough to get a letter from the Queen.

Kick just one more goal against Geelong and actually turn up in the first quarter against Freo and then we're 6th on the ladder and all the talk is about how good our young talent looks and that we still have Gunston, Sicily and Day to come back in, and Denver yet to even debut.

Likewise Geelong drop the games against Brisbane and Hawthorn that they didn't deserve to win and suddenly all the talk is about how they're in the bottom 4 with a super old list that they recruited older, established talent to try and win a flag this year.

Hopefully bellend is reading, because this is what a sliding doors situation looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back