• Jack Graham

Votes: 7 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s April.

Do we need him? Possibly not. But like most clubs we lost a shitload of money last year right when we committed a shitload of cash to a redevelopment. He puts a couple of thousand more bums on seats. So to that end we need him.

But it’s April.
BTW i like you name.
Brings back childhood memories of Balnarring.
Grandparents had a holiday house there.
Havn't been back there in over 50yrs i reckon.Like all things i bet its all changed.lol

Think we need Lynch to lead and not just stand there and bring the ball too the ground.
We've sort of stifled his game a tad in that regard.
Agree , though we still need more options..Especially with Dusty probably not being able to spend as much time forward in the coming weeks...

Would love to see Hugo given a chance to develop up forward , 188cm athletic with good endurance..
Seems like exactly the type we need to add to our forward line...Someone who could be dangerous in 50 and also use his endurance to lead up the ground providing an option for our backs and midifelders to kick to..

Congrats to Sydney. They should have won by a whole lot more. If they bring that pressure to every game then they will be in every game they play, no complaints here the better side won by far.

One big concern, when our system is picked apart, and it has not happened too often although the rule changes are a real concern with this, then we have not shown an ability to change things or even play one v one.

People will focus on this one game but plenty of our players have been ordinary all three games so far.

The standard of umpiring is diabolical its not what they pay but what they don't.

So will it be a big stick ? or do they allow them to try and redeem themselves. For me its a big stick because for me the ones going have been poor all yr.

Time to inject some youth and more size into the team. The loss of Prestia is a huge blow, i think most of us undervalue what he brings.
Based on the three games i reckon half a dozen could be dropped and no one would be overly surprised.

Hmm some inside grunt and bigger bodies thru the midfield. In Ross and RC-D. If fit Vlastuin and Houli. I would give Ralphsmith a game on the wing in place of the concussed McIntosh. Finally id be tempted to bring in a second ruck as well. Its a real shame CC-J is still suspended.

Outs would come from. McIntosh inj, Prestia inj, Aarts, Rioli, DE-S, three smalls who have given so little so far this year. If a ruckman comes in then Caddy would go as well.

Out Cotch , Aarts , Kmac , Prestia
IN Ross(or rcd if susp) Hugo to play as lead up forward , Naish , Samson or Chol

Caddy up forward or out of the side with pickett on the wing..
Would give Houli another run in the 2s though i imagine he will play..

The kick up the arse we need(ed) early in the season to keep our heads in it. Good reminder to the side that as good as we are, it can easily come unstuck.

one thing I feel we need is an injection of new blood in our side to progress, you need to keep evolving and to do that we need some youngsters to step up and force their way into the side. Ross, RCD, Dow, CJ, Stack, Ralphsmith, Martin, Mansell - time for a few of them to force their way into the side.
Surely some of these guys are at risk of being totally demoralised. The years are going by and at other clubs they would have 30 - 50 games up by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bum sniffing refers to rugby you cretin. You know, that game they play in Sydney.

Go enjoy yourself. Can I suggest a can of cola?
use to hate the rubgy but have taken to storm. maybe just like winners.:)

we had a shocker. it happens. can't take anything away from the swans they've picked-up some real talent. pike is a good pick-up as an assistant too. brought more run-n-gun to the outfit.

We’ve got the 3 peat of round 3 spankings mate. Nobody cares 🥱

View attachment 1093565View attachment 1093566View attachment 1093567

The Hawks one was probably the most one sided of the lot and was over by the 10 min mark of the first. They then let us back to a 5 goal loss after taking the foot off the gas.

Funnily enough I think they pumped Brisbane round 1 as well and went on to dominate the season and win the flag I believe. 🧐
Whats the go with around 3 losses?

Last edited:
It’s April.

Do we need him? Possibly not. But like most clubs we lost a shitload of money last year right when we committed a shitload of cash to a redevelopment. He puts a couple of thousand more bums on seats. So to that end we need him.

But it’s April.
hang on.....balnarring!

my family go camping there every summer. have been there every january since i was a little boy.

fukn hell bruce thats bizarre

Agree with someone who was critical of the forward line. Doesn’t look dangerous.
I’ve been saying it for a while but surely we aren’t playing lynch the big wage to bring the ball to ground? Get him back to leading ffs. Rioli and Aarts out and try 2 new smalls. Maybe even give junior a go. With the little output from our smalls atm we can afford to give someone else a go without worrying.

Sydney to fight for return of Cost of Living Allowance for younger players amid COVID-19 crisis

By BEN HORNE
THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH
1:47PM MARCH 28, 2020NO COMMENTS

The Swans are ready to fight for lower-earning Sydney players to receive more protection for living in Australia’s most expensive city should savage AFL salary cuts push them to the brink.

An agreement struck between the AFL and the AFL Players’ Association has determined that player wages will be slashed by 70 per cent if the competition doesn’t resume on June 1.

Mechanisms have reportedly been included to protect players at the bottom of the food chain, but the Swans have got on the front foot to call for the cost of living in Sydney to be taken into consideration, out of fear it could ultimately cost them players if not addressed.

Sydney has fought a long losing battle against the AFL over the Cost of Living Allowance (COLA), in the face of fierce lobbying from jealous Melbourne clubs.

But Swans chief executive Tom Harley says the potential for the coronavirus crisis to impact on a players’ ability to even remain living in Sydney, is something he’s ready to take up with the AFL and AFLPA if required.

“It’s important that the lower end players are supported through this and certainly at the Swans, we would advocate pretty strongly for those players who may be subject to pay cuts up to the point where it really impacts their ability to stay in Sydney,” Harley said.

“That’s extremely important for us. So we will advocate for that and as clubs we’ll see the detailed information of the breakdown of the (AFL/PA) deal that was struck.

“I’m sure there are opportunities to have those discussions. The player deal has been very much done between the AFL and the players’ association. After the detail of that is presented to the clubs, we’ll work through that as we need to. But acknowledge that our situation is a little different.”

Harley has described the past week as among the most difficult he’s encountered in 20 years in the AFL.

The Swans have a number of issues to work through including:

— How the COVID-19 crisis might affect its advanced plans for a new high performance home at the Royal Hall of Industries (RHI).

— Whether they’d be prepared to relocate to the home ground of arch rivals’ GWS Giants at Sydney Olympic Park should the AFL season continue into October and clash with cricket at the SCG.

Harley stressed the only priority for the Swans at the moment is the impact the AFL shutdown has had on Swans people, but those longer-term impacts are starting to come onto the radar.

It’s impossible to know at this stage how the rest of the season will play out, but Giants Stadium is the only other venue available to the Swans in Sydney once the cricket World Cup kicks-off in mid-October.

“That would be it,” Harley said.

Harley said it’s too early to tell whether the RHI project would need to be put on hold, however, the club is conscious of the impact the coronavirus was having across all industries and Government.

“Clearly the economy more broadly has changed and we need to obviously change with that,” he said.

“ … The RHI is a huge priority for us, however, we’ve clearly got things to work through due to the changed landscape of the world.”

Harley praised the leadership of coach John Longmire at one of the most trying times in the game’s history.

“He’s personally involved in every aspect of the club. He’s got kids in the academy. We’re fortunate to have someone like him and he’s playing the role that you would expect him to play,” Harley said.
Now that Fat Eddie McPie is gone could we have our cola back please ?

Agree with someone who was critical of the forward line. Doesn’t look dangerous.
I’ve been saying it for a while but surely we aren’t playing lynch the big wage to bring the ball to ground? Get him back to leading ffs. Rioli and Aarts out and try 2 new smalls. Maybe even give junior a go. With the little output from our smalls atm we can afford to give someone else a go without worrying.
We need to intro hybrid mids that are goal kickers , eg hugo . The oppo small were industrious ours didn’t get near it. Lambo spend more time i50 also . Like the sound of this mansell kid too

This potential team vs Port (which FWIW is close to what we'll go with):
Grimes Balta Baker
Short Astbury Houli
Pickett Graham Naish
Bolton Riewoldt Lambert
Castagna Lynch D.Rioli
Nankervis Martin Edwards
Broad Ross Collier-Dawkins Chol
sub: Martyn

...can be good enough on the day. it's just about settling. yes we lost, and it's a pain, but the list is strong and the gameplan works. we need to be very careful and not through the baby out with the bathwater, but make enough of a statement about the footy we want to play.

Caddy is not in our best 22. He is too slow, his disposal is average, and as a permentant forward he offers substantially less than the pressure, chaos and intensity provided by Castagna. He can fill a need on the wing but honestly, I would prefer Naish's ball use and pace by some distance.

Dan Rioli holds his spot versus Aarts but Rioli jnr's closing speed x tackling may be the boost we need to our forward line.

We must blood a player this week. There needs to be an amping up of the team. Whether thats RCD, Martyn, Rioli jnr or Ralphsmith, there needs to be an injection of pace and want! Lots of guys going at half-rats pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back