Game Day Round 4 St Kilda vs West Coast - Sat @2:35

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Billings playing? Thinking about it, Saints actually have a pretty damn talented side on paper they just never seem to perform. Fingers crossed today is another one of those days
I'm going to game today, and a bit worried as they definitely have talented side and will surely come out breathing fire.

I have to admit I still don't fully understand how the emergencies list and sub thing works?
Do they declare the emergencies before leaving then only take a couple, then one is a medical sub? The rest play Wafl, or do they take the whole emergency list over and one is a sub, surely not?
Anyone care to enlighten a befuddled senior? ((;

View attachment 1097908
Plenty of this Saints bashing this week, which doesn't bode well as we'll be getting a fired up saints outfit with no Shuey.
Everyone predicting an easy win for us, but I reckon this will be s really tough match for us. Hopefully we prevail.
I expect west coast to prevail easily

Saw that family, friends, flags doco from when we beat Richmond in 2018. One thing I likes from Simmo’s pre game address was that he mentioned that the Hawks got touched up and he pleaded with the boys not to undo all the work they just did by not turning up the following week. These two games have a very similar vibe to the 2018 games and I hope the boys are on.

I have to admit I still don't fully understand how the emergencies list and sub thing works?
Do they declare the emergencies before leaving then only take a couple, then one is a medical sub? The rest play Wafl, or do they take the whole emergency list over and one is a sub, surely not?
Anyone care to enlighten a befuddled senior? ((;

It used to be teams were named on Thursday afternoon with a list of 4 emergencies- teams playing on Sunday had to provide a 26 man squad with emergencies to be nominated on Friday

Last year this was changed to teams naming their sides the day before due to covid and the flexible fixture.

That’s been retained for this year so teams are named the afternoon before game day. However, we travel 2 days out so the players fly out before the team is actually named.

Only 1 or 2 (Vardy and winder this week) actually travel with the other emergencies remaining at home to play WAFL

The medical emergency is nominated an hour before bounce down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winder “debuting” as the sub can get in the bin, but either way I hope we buckle down and get a really strong result today.

The Port win was huge, and the Dogs are looking very strong. Losing to them by a kick without Shuey and Yeo, while still frustrating, seems to indicate we’re right up with the best again this year. Need to professionally get the job done today.

Fire up campaigners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back