eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
4D2D6325-E99E-44E7-ACB4-CFC83CCE8E19.jpeg
388211D8-179A-4A9F-A7DB-D8CF12493BA0.jpeg
Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Last edited:

:thumbsu:

Seems Kai Lohmann caught your eye too?, one player that's really caught my eye with his speed, athletic traits and dare against the Falcons a couple of weeks ago prior. His brother Jacob showed some talent a couple of years ago playing for the Rebels but Kai really looks the goods.

I’ll be using the next few weeks to go back and watch some SANFL footage I’ve missed (Going to live footy has made this harder this year 😂)

Already a couple of games in and although there aren’t many new names jumping out to me a few of the known names have showed some good traits. James Willis, Zyton Santillo and Alastair Lord from last weeks game really impressed and all 3 have some eye catching traits.

Hugh Jackson will be a rough one to rate, doesn’t seem overly athletic but is a hard worker with and without the ball and uses the ball really well by hand and foot. His size might count against him and would help if he had some burst out of stoppages but if he can’t find that in him I wouldn’t mind seeing a positional change to half back to use his skills and workrate to its fullest and swap him with O’Loughlin on occasion who is someone I want to see played elsewhere aswell.

Just wondering if you’re going to update your top 20 rankings, and also keep up with your rolling mock first round draft this week?
Every month for rankings and every 2 weeks for RMD which may extend further if I don’t see much change in the player order. The new graphics are a bit trickier to change than my old setup so I’d like to limit it for the RMD if I can.

I’ll be using the next few weeks to go back and watch some SANFL footage I’ve missed (Going to live footy has made this harder this year 😂)

Already a couple of games in and although there aren’t many new names jumping out to me a few of the known names have showed some good traits. James Willis, Zyton Santillo and Alastair Lord from last weeks game really impressed and all 3 have some eye catching traits.

Hugh Jackson will be a rough one to rate, doesn’t seem overly athletic but is a hard worker with and without the ball and uses the ball really well by hand and foot. His size might count against him and would help if he had some burst out of stoppages but if he can’t find that in him I wouldn’t mind seeing a positional change to half back to use his skills and workrate to its fullest and swap him with O’Loughlin on occasion who is someone I want to see played elsewhere aswell.
Where would Santillo play at AFL level, certainly has a bit of zip about him ? Looks like another that's a bit vertically challenged for AFL these days?

Josh Fahey was unlucky to miss my opening top 20 this year but he will certainly find his way in next month. Was very impressed with him today. I’ll be covering APS footy for the next couple of weeks so be on the lookout for that, Haileybury vs Xavier will be the game I cover next week which includes the likes of Connor MacDonald, Justin Davies and Max Heath

Josh Fahey was unlucky to miss my opening top 20 this year but he will certainly find his way in next month. Was very impressed with him today. I’ll be covering APS footy for the next couple of weeks so be on the lookout for that, Haileybury vs Xavier will be the game I cover next week which includes the likes of Connor MacDonald, Justin Davies and Max Heath
Windhager and Davies impressive for Haileybury today. They almost have more coaches than players. Big budget obviously

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s one of the reasons I like him, genuine goal kicking mid averaging 22d and 2g a game. He has taken some better looking marks though
Maybe the Crows will go for the SA flavour again and wheel and deal to grab both Roberts and Draper who are both multi-faceted mids?

Nice overhead marks though hey...definitely another string to a midfielder's bow
Nice overhead mark but doesnt appear to do anything special apart from others misjudging the ball and he is at the back
I would have rather seen him leap to take some marks or lead out.

Also appears very laconic with his approach to kicking the goals and almost arrogant with body language
but this is the only vision i have seen of him so probably not a great example to make a call

whats his height/weight/leap/speed like if anybody know

Imagine if Burns let him have a run through the middle last week?! Great to hear about the bounce back.

Matty Roberts having one of the best individual games I’ve seen this season. Head and shoulders above anything else out there today. Watching him live it’s just incredible how hard he works off the ball too
Is he an accumulator or a high impact player ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back