Review Showdown 49 - Rd 8, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the crows play a boring defensive do not lose by too much style of footy, reminded me of some of the footy Nicks and the Sydney Swans played at the SCG in the late 1990's and early 2000's, when I used to be a regular attendee at the SCG for Swans games.

Thanks for the KFC Kochie.

it was so funny. They were camped out under the stairs from 10 minutes into the quarter. everyone knew Kochie was there. No one knew if we were meant to go down to pick up the food or wait for it. Then the presentation. “One lucky bay will win the free KFC”. I turn to the guy next to me, “I reckon it might be us.”

A scrappy performance for the most part. Nothing impressive but did what we needed to do.

Boak was great, Clurey was great.

Good to see our key forwards kick 7 between them after last week's disaster.

Not much else really.

I liked this from the afl.com.au match report ...

Just weeks ago we were asking when Walker would re-sign for next year, but if Tex keeps slowing down at this rate he’ll be in the Adelaide Hills Nursing Home before the bye.

Within two minutes of arriving in the city this afternoon, my partner was targeted by a couple of foul-smelling, Crows-supporting deros for wearing a Port Adelaide scarf. "NEVER TEAR UP YA TARPS", and, "UP THE F***IN' CROWS", these heroes yelled at her.

If you weren't passed out in a gutter by the time it began, I hope you enjoyed watching the match!

Last edited:
Within two minutes of arriving in the city this afternoon, my partner was targeted by a couple of foul-smelling, Crows-supporting deros for wearing a Port Adelaide scarf. "NEVER TEAR UP YA TARPS", and, "UP THE F***IN' CROWS", these heroes yelled at her.

If you weren't passed out in a gutter by the time it began, I hope you enjoyed watching the match!

We actually have patchy showdown attendance after my missus was abused and hit with flags intentionally at a showdown at Aami. I went to the toilet at the end of the game and she got set upon by a bunch of blokes who whacked her with a flag and cheered in her face in the wake of a crows win.

We probably attend 1 in 3 since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol the social media comments about the bars thing. My lord.

MASSIVE IDENTITY CRISIS AT THAT CLUB IMAGINE SINGING THE SONG AS THE CLUB YOU WISH YOU WERE LOL

Don't get involved feel. Don't get involved.

If Twitter has taught us one thing, it’s that people are super-content to showcase their utter cluelessness to the world.

My parents neighbor yelled out at very robust "Go Crows" when she saw my Port scarf before asking whos home game it was LOL.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watching the replay at the moment. Holy crap Dwyane Russell hates us. This piece of sh*t should be banned from all club related activity forever more.
Nah - he doesn’t hate us. He just really worries that someone will call him out for Port bias. He massively overcompensates. Especially when we play the crows

We actually have patchy showdown attendance after my missus was abused and hit with flags intentionally at a showdown at Aami. I went to the toilet at the end of the game and she got set upon by a bunch of blokes who whacked her with a flag and cheered in her face in the wake of a crows win.

We probably attend 1 in 3 since.
Haven't been to a Crows home showdown since 1999 and not planning any in the future. They are the worst fans of the lot. They can't handle anyone going for the opposition and are the worst winners you'll come across.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back