Preview Rnd 8 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs Sunday 9th May 3:20PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or TDK sub
This. I hope we don’t have any injuries but in limited minutes TDK has the ability to create a real mismatch in our favour.
Having said that I would have no problem with any of the listed emergencies stepping in. The only thing would be making sure we aren’t taking continuity from any players. For that reason TDK could be the best option as well as he would be on managed minutes anyway. The others should be having full games and smashing it. Really want the likes of SPS, Setters, Dow demanding selection. We’re in a good and unfamiliar situation at the moment. With players coming back it’s only going to get tougher to get a game. It’s a good thing people.

One thing Gibbo does have that many of our players don't is footy 'smarts' .. Though I think even that is down at the moment with what is presumably a lack of confidence.

I think he has been played out of position and will get more midfield opportunities this week because of the way he ruck roved pitto for that short passage late in the last game.

I think he has been played out of position and will get more midfield opportunities this week because of the way he ruck roved pitto for that short passage late in the last game.

I wouldn't mind seeing it, but not holding my breath .. Presumably, the main reason he has the role he has is because we are so light on for quality small forwards (arguably our biggest issue current list-wise, imo). It could also be the reason he keeps a spot in the 22, depending how things play out, but for his sake I'd like for him to be given that opportunity in the midfield, given that's where he plays his best footy. He had a pretty solid game against the Dogs last year from memory, so hopefully he can produce similar tomorrow!

On a side note, I really hope Crippa can find his clean hands tomorrow. He must be so low on confidence. I love Crippa, but he was an actual liability for chunks of the game on the weekend, imo, which is sad. I just want to see him bossing it again and looking like he is loving the game.

Highest scoring side has a very good chance of winning the game once the siren sounds.

Firmly believe this.👍👍

Except when it's Jack Newnes on the boundary after the siren.

Regarding all the posts and disappointment About SPS being dropped we need to remember our form and his form prior to the Essendon game. It was very poor so lets not get carried away after one win. Bulldogs are not Essendon and we need all 22 players to chase harass and tackle hard. This is not a strength of SPS and it has been obvious all year.

Sure he had a good game last week but the coach and MC may have asked him to rectify a few things in his game which he may have not addressed once he came on last week. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind If he is invested in the club he will go back to the 2's and work on improving his game and come back a better player. He is not a match winner yet.

I would have gone a lot harder on the senior midfield depth in our 22, but at least we didn't suck any run and pressure out of the team.

Dow, SPS and O'Brien deserve better treament than this, though. It smacks of a nervous coach who pays too much attention to not upsetting the apple cart, only to find 3 months later that 'staying the course' hurt both the list and his career.

I'd expect two of them to be gone at the end of the year if this continues, and we won't get a decent enough draft hand for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Dow started extremely well last week before his unfortunate injury and SPS went well when he came off as the sub. I'm a little perplexed that we finally get these two showing something in the 1s and we drop them both, while other out of form players keep their spots. Although if the likes of Newnes or Gibbons were dropped, those two aren't going to fill those roles either.

Seeing Williams named at half back is exciting. Let's see what happens.

Hey guys, Ed curnow to Bont or Macrae this week?

He can't follow Bont forward. I would think Macrae. Cripps to go head to head with Bont or maybe someone like Stocker gets a job and Parks takes over when Bont rests up forward.

I wouldn't mind seeing it, but not holding my breath .. Presumably, the main reason he has the role he has is because we are so light on for quality small forwards (arguably our biggest issue current list-wise, imo). It could also be the reason he keeps a spot in the 22, depending how things play out, but for his sake I'd like for him to be given that opportunity in the midfield, given that's where he plays his best footy. He had a pretty solid game against the Dogs last year from memory, so hopefully he can produce similar tomorrow!

On a side note, I really hope Crippa can find his clean hands tomorrow. He must be so low on confidence. I love Crippa, but he was an actual liability for chunks of the game on the weekend, imo, which is sad. I just want to see him bossing it again and looking like he is loving the game.

His last quarter was good. I feel he puts too much expectation on himself and gets inside his own head mid game sometimes. His kicking action has improved; if his hands are good tomorrow we are a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back