Review Showdown 49 - Rd 8, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

the umps definitely set a tone

Without them I couldn't see how the croms would have scored. They parked everyone behind the ball and hoped desperately for a lucky roll from an over the back kick.

Imagine being a 192cm muscle bound hulk in the midfield and only getting 4 touches in a half of footy. Playing in the centre. Hack.

And they really did play him on Ollie Wines. It was like watching a Colombian drug runner speed boat against the Queen Mary. SPP gave him a bit of spice too.

I agree he looks like a first class, gilt-edged crow flog in the making. He didn't throw himself forward when he got the in the back call though, he jarred his knee and stumbled forward.

I'll have to watch it again but he came flying out of that pack like Halley's comet. The crowd watching the replay roared with indignation at the free.

The nudge (mostly in the side) was lighter than the push Walker gave Clurey that set up the Joe the Goose goal.

Apologies for being off-topic but I heard some music last night @ the game and I feel compelled to try to track it down. It was after the players had entered but before NTUA. It had words like "World" and "Time" in the chorus and I'm pretty sure there was thunder. I've found the players playlists but the Oval does not seem to have any online record of music played. Is there any way of finding out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thilthorpe has a whiff of Josh Jenkins about him. Except Jenkins came across as a decent bloke. Thilthorpe with his diving out of marking contests (injuring himself with the vigour of his dive) and goal celebrations for a Joe the Goose is already annoying.

Crows parked the bus from the opening bounce and the slippery conditions from the rain and later dew, as well as the desperate efforts of the umps, saved them from a much worse flogging.

They have a few sanfl level plodders they like to talk up and a couple of ageing former sort of stars who are so cooked they would get you booted off Masterchef. Nicks doesn't have much to work with but his barely discernible gameplan is fingernails down the blackboard stuff.

I liked that we were switched on from the opening bounce and dominated from the outset. The whole team unit worked well together and every player played team first footy.
Yes they made it an awful spectacle, so terrified were they of losing

I said the same thing, just seemed interested in hanging in the goal square and didn’t he over celebrate an over the top goal square josh Jenkins goal.. settle mate

Had to laugh at Rowe, what a celebration for a cheating prick of a free kick goal. he’s another plodder, just an sanfl quality footballer, has no feature to his game, just an annoying turd like his old man
Rowe was ******* beyond excited at Thilthorpe lol

I'll have to watch it again but he came flying out of that pack like Halley's comet. The crowd watching the replay roared with indignation at the free.

The nudge (mostly in the side) was lighter than the push Walker gave Clurey that set up the Joe the Goose goal.

He hyperextended his knee as he prepared to jump. Thought he'd done the knee when they showed the replay.

Crows have to take some responsibility for the McHenry injury. If he was playing reserves like he should have been it wouldn't have happened

They like to talk up how yappy he is and how he likes to get under the opposition player's skin. Sometimes you wear the consequences.

I'd say James Rowe is quickly developing a Luke Shuey like reputation for dropping his knees and looking for high contact inside forward 50. But suggesting Rowe will have any sort of reputation as an AFL footballer is way overstating it. He will be not much more than an AFL footnote before too long. No one will even remember his ducking exploits.

I'd say James Rowe is quickly developing a Luke Shuey like reputation for dropping his knees and looking for high contact inside forward 50. But suggesting Rowe will have any sort of reputation as an AFL footballer is way overstating it. He will be not much more than an AFL footnote before too long. No one will even remember his ducking exploits.
It’s their whole team. I think they know they don’t have the talent so they have trained drawing frees

Remove this Banner Ad

Back