News Sam Hayes signs for North Melbourne VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Has to play use Marshall as 2nd ruck should be able to compete and might do him some good to have a run around.
Dixon and Allir are to important to play ruck sorry Todd lol.

My query is: has he developed the tank to ruck 90% of the game as Lycett would? I notice he seems to get minimal touches aside from ruck taps...does he need to do more around the ground?

I think there is a lot of expectation from the outside that Hayes should debut at some point this year. The contract extension, us fighting to keep him out of the Aliir trade, being talked up in press conferences.

Also a perfect week to do it against the Dogs.

I hope he debuts and plays well, it could be a tough one considering the bulldogs midfield but I’ll be very excited to finally see Hayes

WARNING: Unpopular opinion incoming ... IMO at this stage, an in-form Ladhams will be much better value than Hayes with a suspect tank esp at AFL level, and not doing much else around the ground.

IMO at this early point, he is better off coming in along with Ladhams, or if not ready or they only want one ruck, then Ladhams on his own.

Hayes is our ruck "future," but just not sure he is ready to be our "present"

WARNING: Unpopular opinion incoming ... IMO at this stage, an in-form Ladhams will be much better value than Hayes with a suspect tank esp at AFL level, and not doing much else around the ground.

IMO at this early point, he is better off coming in along with Ladhams, or if not ready or they only want one ruck, then Ladhams on his own.

Hayes is our ruck "future," but just not sure he is ready to be our "present"
I would bring both and, perhaps, dropping Marshall. And I love Todd.

I think it makes sense replacing Lycett with both Hayes and Ladhams.

Last edited:
I would bring both and, perhaps, dropping Marshall. And I love Todd. I think it makes sense replacing Lycett with both Hayes abd Ladhams.

This seems like the way to go. Probably asking too much for Hayes to ruck the whole game on his own, and we know Ladhams centre square work isn't the best. I don't think we can rely on either of them as a solo ruck.

Marshall had a good game and doesn't deserve to be dropped, but we can't fit the two rucks in without someone else going out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tend to agree with this Hayes and Ladhams both need to come in and I think it might be Georgeadis (managed) might be the change. I will add if its wet I wouldn't do this

I tend to agree with this Hayes and Ladhams both need to come in and I think it might be Georgeadis (managed) might be the change. I will add if its wet I wouldn't do this
I wouldn't be opposed to resting 1 of the big boys for a wk but not playing in sanfl or only 1 of lahdams or Hayes comes in.

I wouldn't be opposed to resting 1 of the big boys for a wk but not playing in sanfl or only 1 of lahdams or Hayes comes in.

geez tough call. I get it and great call. I love the 3 tall forwards currently even though Charlie frustrates me.

I can’t see why Charlie can’t shoulder some more ruck work for a few weeks, when Lycett is back rest him for a game

geez tough call. I get it and great call. I love the 3 tall forwards currently even though Charlie frustrates me.

I can’t see why Charlie can’t shoulder some more ruck work for a few weeks, when Lycett is back rest him for a game
I don't like Dixon rucking. He was cooked last week after a bit of ruck work and playing down the ground. A fresh Dixon would have kicked another 2-3 goals last week.

I don't like risking him in the centre square ruck battles.

He's not been in the best form, but if we are to have any chance of winning a premiership, Charlie will need to be our spearhead.

He's playing a selfless role at the moment and really brings everyone else into the game.

Just to also point out, if he had kicked reasonably accurately, he would be having a decent season.

I don't like risking him in the centre square ruck battles.

He's not been in the best form, but if we are to have any chance of winning a premiership, Charlie will need to be our spearhead.

He's playing a selfless role at the moment and really brings everyone else into the game.

Just to also point out, if he had kicked reasonably accurately, he would be having a decent season.
Fair point that

Hayes it's done.

They've obviously looked at playing Ladhams with Lycett last week to have Ladhams in the mix with Lycett in the side but Marshall covers the ground and can help out and that's not messing with the mix too much.

Snowballs chance in Hell MG gets a holiday he's not far off ripping a game apart.

Ladhams in may put SPP under the pump with Ollie and Drew going so well?

So comes down to Marshall/Hayes and SPP or Ladhams/Hayes no SPP?

Hayes has to come in

Marshall and Dixon can give him a chop out in the ruck.

Martin is still out for the Bulldogs. Not sure if English is back this week, if not he will be up against Sweet.

Perfect timing if that is the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back