Discussion Round 11 and 12, 2021 (Indigenous Round) - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 11

Friday, May 28

Western Bulldogs v Melbourne (MRVL) (N)

Saturday, May 29
Collingwood v Geelong (MCG)
Brisbane Lions v Greater Western Sydney (G)
St Kilda v North Melbourne (MRVL) (T)
Gold Coast v Hawthorn (SCG) (N)
West Coast v Essendon (OS) (N)

Sunday, May 30
Richmond v Adelaide (GS)
Sydney v Carlton (SCG)
Port Adelaide v Fremantle (AO) (T)

ROUND 12

Friday, June 4

Melbourne v Brisbane Lions (GS) (N)

Saturday, June 5
Sydney v St Kilda (SCG)
Adelaide v Collingwood (AO) (T)
Essendon v Richmond (OS) (N)

Sunday, June 6
Carlton v West Coast (SCG)
Fremantle v Western Bulldogs (OS) (N)

Byes: Geelong, Gold Coast, Greater Western Sydney, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide

Last edited:
Looks like it is a Richmond home match, atleast in regard to dreamtime agreement

Looks like it is a Richmond home match, atleast in regard to dreamtime agreement

The clubs may have just agreed to alternate who wears the clash jumper. You know, just in case the AFL were to give Essendon two "home" Dreamtime games in back-to-back years...

Richmond wore a clash in 20, 18, 16, 14...
Dons wore a clash in 19, 17, 15...

And if that continues it'll now always be the home team wearing the clash jumper.

I believe the Cats have said earlier in the year that they will be wearing the same design as their AFLW team.

I feel like Essendon have made a mistake regarding having it red. Otherwise, my theory is that the original 2020 fixture had them as the away team for dreamtime which was changed when they re-did the fixture after lockdown, and this is just an unused design from then. That being said, absolutely no complaints. I think red vs yellow will look sick.
Are Richmond confirmed to be wearing yellow? If so the matchup will look amazing and a representation of sorts of the Australian Indigenous flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Canberra kit has been dumped this season anyway
Yeah I know. I am disappointed it was dumped, imo it was a great kit for gws to have, uses the same basic home design with a nice twist to identify itself with Canberra. I didn't realise they dumped it till I was looking for the gws indigenous kit (which I thought would be the aflw one)

Adelaide just announced their jumper, designed by Ben Davis:

AK9I1676-COPY.jpg

Looks more white based than the AFLW one, so I would say Collingwoods will be white on black and we will wear white shorts, we may wear it in round nine against Gold Coast thus why it is being modelled in Blue shorts (We always wear it in one game at Kardinia Park if Sir Doug Nicholls round doesn't fall on a KP hame game).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back