Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

New Port home jumper. Inspired by the 2003 heritage jumper with thinner bars to help differentiate from Collingwood's stripes. I really like Port's teal/black/white combo, and I think it works really nicely here with the teal gradient. It's just enough teal to keep other parties happy.

View attachment 1125258
club mandated jumpers tucked in surely!

New Port home jumper. Inspired by the 2003 heritage jumper with thinner bars to help differentiate from Collingwood's stripes. I really like Port's teal/black/white combo, and I think it works really nicely here with the teal gradient. It's just enough teal to keep other parties happy.

View attachment 1125258
That looks schmick!

View attachment 1125258
It's the same, though

1620794418883.png

View attachment 1125258
Can you do the teal gradient from underneath the horizontal white stripe down to black at bottom of Guernsey so the black continues into the shorts

View attachment 1125258

I don't want a "compromise" Guernsey but aesthetically I'm surprised to say I really don't mind this.

They do represent a SANFL bid in 1990. Therefore we should be able to wear the state Guernsey.
Fremantle didn't have a problem with West coast wearing the WA state Guernsey.
It's our heritage blah blah blah.

Freo and West Coast are both owned by the WAFL, that's why there was no controversy in 2007 when the Eagles wore the WA guernsey

That looks schmick!
I don't want a "compromise" Guernsey but aesthetically I'm surprised to say I really don't mind this.
Thanks guys :) I wasn't sure how Port fans would receive this.

I tried to retain the key components of the prison bars jumper (the bars/wharf pylons and number panel) with just enough change to make it pretty difficult for Collingwood/the AFL to object to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon it might look better with their preferred bars version
Thinking about it more, the gradient at the bottom in the first version still works much better as it does well to represent the water below the wharf pylons, strengthening the concept behind the original guernsey.

View attachment 1125258
If we could get traditional PBs a few times a year I'd be happy with this as a main jumper! I've been ruminating on this theme & you've done the work for me. The water (teal) - representing the Port River - is in the correct position on the jumper: above the bar (wharf) wouldn't be. Well done!

If we could get traditional PBs a few times a year I'd be happy with this as a main jumper! I've been ruminating on this theme & you've done the work for me. The water (teal) - representing the Port River - is in the correct position on the jumper: above the bar (wharf) wouldn't be. Well done!
I think a lot of Port fans think that if they use something like this as a home jumper, then they'll never get to wear the original. I disagree. I feel that wearing a jumper like this as a home jumper will get casual/neutral fans used to the idea that the prison bars design belongs to Port and is part of their brand, thus opening the door to wearing the original jumper on occasion (I think save it for home showdowns) in future without Collingwood being able to argue that fans would mistake Port for them.

Thinking about it more, the gradient at the bottom in the first version still works much better as it does well to represent the water below the wharf pylons, strengthening the concept behind the original guernsey.
I think your original concept without the teal works as well. The issue for me is the amount of white on the version of the jumper that Port fans want to use. Reduce the white = reduce the likelihood with Collingwood.

I get that the jumper they want to use reflects the most successful period of the club at SANFL level however thinner bars will get them over the line at AFL level while still honouring their heritage.

View attachment 1125258

As far as altered prison bars go, this is the best I've seen by a margin. Looks really nice - not saying better than the original but a really nice looking adaptation.
Very clever design, and like you said it keeps the water under the wharf, so it makes sense in terms of message.
Full marks for this attempt mate 👍👍

They look good, the only issue i have with them is the straight panel across the top back. It looks dated like the lions and melbourne jumper. They should at least curve it a bit to modernise it. The swans away jumper is a good example of this, it looks much better imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back