Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Friday, May 15
St Kilda v Geelong (MRVL) (N)

Saturday, May 15
Sydney v Collingwood (SCG)
Hawthorn v North Melbourne (UTAS)
Gold Coast v Brisbane Lions (MS) (T)
Richmond v Greater Western Sydney (MRVL) (N)
Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs (AO) (N)

Sunday, May 16
Essendon v Fremantle (MRVL)
Melbourne v Carlton (MCG)
West Coast v Adelaide (OS) (T)

1. Didn't want to wear white shorts at home. Switching to their inverse in home matches "allowed them to wear blue shorts" (From a Twitter post at the time).

2. When the change became official they released a statement saying they didn't want people to think they were the away team. (From their website).

It's a pretty piss poor reason and honestly, the club should have taken it to the fans.

yet now norf wear their away kit all the time when they play at home

There you go. That's 4 different jumpers in the first 9 rounds, isn't it?
Against Richmond.

The team they were forced to wear white against in the GF

*Scratches head*
Exactly. They didnt need to wear white in the first place.
Go back and watch PF 2017. Orange/white shorts v black/black was sweet to see

How long before GWS change there Battle of the bridge jumper to a full orange G make that their home with tonight’s jumper as there away/clash?

How long before GWS change there Battle of the bridge jumper to a full orange G make that their home with tonight’s jumper as there away/clash?

If it's popular enough, there's no reason why they shouldn't. I honestly would be surprised if they weren't testing the waters.

Remember, the Saint's Cross jumper started off as a preseason jumper and Port's current jumper started off as a once off.

Hopefully from 2022 onwards, they’d be the ideal set up. Maybe orange shorts with the orange jumper though.

Dogs in blue shorts would look better. Port have a lot of white in their number panel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs in blue shorts would look better. Port have a lot of white in their number panel

Shame the Bulldogs didn't keep their red kit. It basically eliminated any need for a white kit and it was bloody beautiful.

Wouldn't be a great loss if the club got rid of white. Orange is iconic, and the each year ever slightly darker charcoal contrasts beautifully.

Last edited:
Really love Bulldogs guernsey this year, even with the weird collar. Red cuffs great addition.
By the way saw before that Asics extended with Bulldogs for five more years couple months ago, don't think that news made its way here?
That’s great news about Asics, thanks. And I agree, love the red collar and cuffs. Even better when we wear the white shorts, great colour balance and a good contrast to all the dark uniforms.
Now we need a game cold enough to see the new hoops on the long sleeve guernsey, no one has worn one this year.

Thought the adelaide red was a one off

I certainly felt that was the case. From memory, the online store page for the red jumper suggested it was for the Hawthorn game only. Its been pulled now though so I can’t be sure. Interesting to see what we indeed run out in tonight, but I can’t see the gold being a problem if thats what we wear.

I certainly felt that was the case. From memory, the online store page for the red jumper suggested it was for the Hawthorn game only. Its been pulled now though so I can’t be sure. Interesting to see what we indeed run out in tonight, but I can’t see the gold being a problem if thats what we wear.
Umpires will be wearing fluoro green. Usually when anyone is wearing a gold or yellow clash, they swap to sky blue (even if royal blue is also on field). So red seems likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back