Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 10 vs. Port Adelaide, MCG Sun 23/05 @ 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate Port with a passion, but I gotta say, I admire how loud their supporters are. Reckon we’ve lost some mongrel in our crowds 😡
There's been very little to get excited about for most of the past decade. Bucks tactics have a numbing effect on the crowd.

While I'd prefer to see Wilson given multiple games I think he and Henry will make way for Roughy and Murphy. Doubt there'll be any other changes beyond that.

I think Cox has had enough time in the 2s, can't believe he wasn't selected today considering the small SCG, he comes in for mine, i want to see how he responds.

Out, both Browns, they aren't going to make it IMO, not worth persisting with, if we delisted them no one would pick them up, that says it all.

Yes.

Maybe C Brown out too if someone carves up the VFL game.
agree. If Bianco played a blinder again, I would bring him in, and drop CB. I would think of rotating Noble and Bianco, and maybe when both are on at once tell Noble to go forward and see if he can create some chaos in our F50.

Sier is done.
He’s mentally tapped out.
I reckon he’s just about ready to finish his career as the centre for the Montmorency Magpies.
Agree. I think Sier is not interested in an AFL career. No point in my view in considering him as an option. This has intensified our crisis. We now have only one true inside mid, namely Tay Adams, who is not available to play.

I just don’t get why we don’t play Cox & Cameron.

Even with this so called “mobile” forward line, we laid only 11 inside 50 tackles. Sydney laid 29.

Obviously our small are not applying pressure. You’re better off going extremely tall and just hoping we bloody mark the thing.

Every single goal of ours came from a mark.

Last edited:

Even with this so called “mobile” forward line, we laid only 11 inside 50 tackles. Sydney laid 29.

Obviously are small are not applying pressure. You’re better off going extremely tall and just hoping we bloody mark the thing.

Have a feeling Cox will play this week. He’s the only person who can bring ball to ground when the opposition is allowed with ease to flood back whilst we walk the ball up the ground.

We’re in the midst of a 3 year rebuild, we’re going to lose our entire coaching panel post season and should be making hard calls on every bloke over 30 on our list. Despite that people are talking about dropping Henry and picking Cox? Whatever problem he’s the solution to it is nowhere near as big as everything else we have going on.

Out: Wilson and Brown
In: Roughead and Murphy

If Murphy wasn’t returning I’d have kept Wilson in because the SCG with the way we used our numbers yesterday is the hardest transition to senior footy you’ll get. The lack of space was daunting even for our established senior players. I think the other out is self explanatory. We’ve persisted with WHE, JT and Brown who’ve given us two fifths of * all until WHE stood up yesterday so let’s show Henry the same courtesy because in 18 months he might actually be AFL standard unlike the others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see if we can get more than 18000 to the game. It blows my mind how Richmond fans claim to be so passionate yet not turn up for a game because they are in a slight slump and they have to travel to Marvel Stadium. They have won 3 flags in 4 years and they still jump off the moment they are struggling, however temporary.
We got mocked for getting 25000 to the gold coast game when we were sitting near the bottom of the ladder after a horrendous preseason.
We got checkers over the line for Mark of the day last week. It seems the tiger fans have truly fallen off the wagon.

Obviously our small are not applying pressure. You’re better off going extremely tall and just hoping we bloody mark the thing.

Agree with this entirely. The way we play, it is like school yard kick-to-kick footy at lunch time. Wait for the pack to form, then kick it high, and watch to see if anyone takes the screamer.

That's all we do, This forward pressure bullshit does not exist. The opposition take the ball out so easy, and launch their attack, and we then scurry back to defensive positions.

Changes this week:

Out: Henry. In: Cox
Out: Keane (or Wilson). In: Roughead.

No other changes. Because there is no-one that played in the VFL that would be better or make a difference than CBrown/Thomas/WHE/TBrown/Mayne.

We’re in the midst of a 3 year rebuild, we’re going to lose our entire coaching panel post season and should be making hard calls on every bloke over 30 on our list. Despite that people are talking about dropping Henry and picking Cox? Whatever problem he’s the solution to it is nowhere near as big as everything else we have going on.

Out: Wilson and Brown
In: Roughead and Murphy

If Murphy wasn’t returning I’d have kept Wilson in because the SCG with the way we used our numbers yesterday is the hardest transition to senior footy you’ll get. The lack of space was daunting even for our established senior players. I think the other out is self explanatory. We’ve persisted with WHE, JT and Brown who’ve given us two fifths of fu** all until WHE stood up yesterday so let’s show Henry the same courtesy because in 18 months he might actually be AFL standard unlike the others.
Henry has done absolutely nothing in four games. He may develop into a good player but he does not deserve another senior game.
At least the Brown boys chase, tackle and get their hands dirty. Henry is invisible.
If he continues to get senior games and dishes up the same performance his confidence will be shattered and it may set him back on a long term basis.

In: Roughy, Murphy and McMahon
Out: Wilson, C Brown, Henry

First two obvious ins. While form may not warrant McMahan have to be more of a threat than anyone else in the VFL except Cox and don’t think Cox and Cameron is a better option.

Might as well give him a run at this stage in the season.

Agree with this entirely. The way we play, it is like school yard kick-to-kick footy at lunch time. Wait for the pack to form, then kick it high, and watch to see if anyone takes the screamer.

That's all we do, This forward pressure bullshit does not exist. The opposition take the ball out so easy, and launch their attack, and we then scurry back to defensive positions.

Changes this week:

Out: Henry. In: Cox
Out: Keane (or Wilson). In: Roughead.

No other changes. Because there is no-one that played in the VFL that would be better or make a difference than CBrown/Thomas/WHE/TBrown/Mayne.
Agreed but I would also drop Noble. He offers nothing. Light framed, not particularly fast, poor disposal under pressure and he looks like Beaker from the Muppett Show. We must have better options than him on a HBF.

Agreed but I would also drop Noble. He offers nothing. Light framed, not particularly fast, poor disposal under pressure and he looks like Beaker from the Muppett Show. We must have better options than him on a HBF.
Noble has pace. He is far from our worst. BUT, we have nobody better as a small HBF.
We will need to mind Robbie Gray, Motlop, Fantasia, and Rozee in Port's forward line.
All we have is Quaynor, Noble, and then we rely on Mayne and Maynard to play small. We have nobody else...
??

There’ll be a lot of talk about how we’re at loggerheads over the jumper issue, but really it’s a non-event, and a single home and away football game doesn’t change over a century of history. Port Adelaide were second banana coming into the AFL, and we already had the black and white stripes.

Having said all that, the Power will win this one by about 6 goals.
Can we ask them for a 5 goal head start if they can wear the prison bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back