News Collingwood looking for new assistant coaches. Leppitsch a target.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if Bucks survives, then that will definitely see Harvey and Sanderson gone. Listening to Leppa on SEN, he has a great footy mind, and thoughts on how today's game should be played. Can see him being a very positive and a breath of fresh air inclusion to the coaching panel, if the club can obtain his services.

There should be no Reason for Harvey and Sanderson to keep there Jobs

I think people are missing an important strategy by GW here - Leppa will be set up to succeed Bucks when the time comes.

Great plan in my view.

‘yep we are all missing the important point that only you have cottoned on to. I bow to your omnipotence.:eek:

I'm at breaking point with this club. Why does a coach who's been failing for the past decade constantly get rewarded with new contracts?

I was happy to support Korda at the beginning, but my support is waning now. I don't think Browne is much better, but I'm willing to hear him out before completely writing him off.

I could swallow a 1 year Buckley extension if it meant the end of Harvey and Sanderson.

harvey is an utter halfwit and never been involved in anything successful.
I can't.

So this time next year, we'll be discussing Buckley's coaching future all over again and waste another season dithering over it as we did in 2017 and this year.

This sounds like a succession plan.

My read is Club knows it’s not going to get an elite coach like Clarkson or Longmire to replace Buckley in 2022. So they offer Bucks an extension on the proviso that Graeme Wright gets to choose the assistant coaches. Wright then hires assistants like Leppitsch, who have the pedigrees to take the top job.

I’d also love him to hire ultra-qualified Mark Williams, a former Collingwood captain, as an assistant coach.

Go get ‘em, Wrighty!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This sounds like a succession plan.

My read is Club knows it’s not going to get an elite coach like Clarkson or Longmire to replace Buckley in 2022. So they offer Bucks an extension on the proviso that Graeme Wright gets to choose the assistant coaches. Wright then hires assistants like Leppitsch, who have the pedigrees to take the top job.

I’d also love him to hire ultra-qualified Mark Williams, a former Collingwood captain, as an assistant coach.

Go get ‘em, Wrighty!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I hope you’re right.

In the last 10 years, all the decisions of the club have been made for the betterment of one individual, not in the interests of CFC.

Why are we so scared of changing coaches?

same old same old.
you guys have got hammers and all you see is nails.
I’m waiting for “Buckley caused COVID” with pictures of him in a Wuhan lab

same old same old.
you guys have got hammers and all you see is nails.
I’m waiting for “Buckley caused COVID” with pictures of him in a Wuhan lab
So then tell us one thing that Buckley has done for the club in the last 10 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All a 1 year extension does is acknowledge that the list management decisions set Buckley and the club back in 2021. It does nothing to further the club or end the pressure of constant speculation. Barring FA those list management decisions have placed us on a minimum 2-3 year rebuild, as such we either need to back Buckley in and commit to him for further 3 years or go in another direction with a similar understanding.

Cant see Leppitch coming in on a 1 year deal and Buckley taking on any of his advice etc. Leppitch would know how Buckley operates i.e if he is acceptable of assistance. It will be a case of two bulls in the same paddock with one bull knowing the other could replace him at any time. Will put the club one year further back from steering the place in the right direction.

If they’re looking for assistants, this suggests Bucks is staying.
I’m depressed :(
Yeah it's so disheartening. Can they look for a new head coach AND new assistants? Why are they so afraid of change? We need change!

I think people are missing an important strategy by GW here - Leppa will be set up to succeed Bucks when the time comes.

Great plan in my view.

Yep. Great plan!

It would enable Buckley to pass on his exciting match winning strategies like:

Giving them easy short passes out of defence and then sprinting to man the mark.
Automatically leaving your man to sprint at the ball carrier, so that your man gets an easy receive over the top and breaks the turgid zone.
The award winning 2 versus 6 forward line.
Refusing to change plans that aren't working
Grundy tapping it at his feet, everyone closing in and then leaving them in control on the outside of the pack
Etc...

Just why would we go for a succession plan.

I’m rather nauseated by the fact that we still have, in large part, the board that oversaw the Beams deal and the resigning of Grundy at any cost.

On that basis, having a few more heads roll, replaced by Browne et al and with Wright as football manager and Leppitsch/Clarkson/someone else competent coaching sounds more appealing.

Not Ross Lyon though. I quite like his commentary, but if we had someone of Luke Ball’s ability and did that to him, I’d lose my mind. And failing to win a flag with Riewoldt, Koschitzke, Ball, Hayes and co... yeesh.
Someone else might be a yeesh also...Failing to win a flag with Cloke, Pendlebury, Swan, Sidebottom, Beams and co...

Last edited:
So it was the assistant's fault for the success of richmond but not the assistant's fault for the problems at the pies...
And Leppa is a great assistant coach but a lousy head coach...

yeh i follow all of that...simple

Remove this Banner Ad

Back