Votes: 25 9.3%
  • Riley Collier-Dawkins

Votes: 36 13.4%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 26 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ralphsmith played fwd at times (and played well) when George was shifted up the ground.

Id say Georges selection hopes are looking pretty dire for the next few games.

The fact though Georgie got shifted up the ground at all is telling. As i said in another post, we never see that with Dan. Dimma does trust Georgie to fill in holes as the game ebs and flows and that has tremendous value

I think if R-S though can come in and be in direct competition with Dan & Georgie, that is a massive win for us. Both boys look too comfortable with their spot and role and need some hungry eyes vying for their spot. Ralph-Smiths best chance of keeping a spot comes finals time is as a forward who can provide Dan/Georgie like pressure, + rotate up the ground. He is proving to be a great utility for us - looks very likely to be our "finals sub"

Not sure why so much hate for a bloke who is out there doing his role as Dimma has pointed out on a number of occasions.His weapon is his pace and endurance.Need his speed not just up fwd but coming out of defence and his tank means more rotations for our mids.
There is always someone's head that needs to be on the block it seems. But like Rioli who has been dropped multiple times, Castagna is not exactly setting the world on fire. Sure he is a great role player but as small forwards go, there are many better who also pressure and do the hard stuff. Green, Ryan, Bolton, Papley, Tippa, Cameron, Wingard, Fantasia etc. Would be nice to have another. Aarts is much better this year.

Ralphsmith played fwd at times (and played well) when George was shifted up the ground.

Id say Georges selection hopes are looking pretty dire for the next few games.
I’d be happy with that, others might question ability to tackle. I just want a player with better hand/foot skills than George.

Watched ABC TV for a couple of minutes.
They had a sports talk show on called Offsiders.
Caro was on.
She is always running down teams, bagging clubs and their administration.
Never a positive word for our great game.
No responsibility just toxic pus.

I don't think there's any room for him unless you want to drop Caddy, but it's sad Pickett won't be able to play his first AFL match at home in Western Australia this week.

Marlion is one of my first picked every week.

How much are we reading into the Crows' form?

Yes they beat Melbourne - who were probably due a down game - in the hostile cauldron of Adelaide Oval.

The three games prior they had been smashed by the Giants, Eagles and Port, a combined 146-point losses in three games.

We just got over the line yesterday if you consider we were only up by 8 points with 10 minutes to go, and it took mark of the year for us to steady.

Should we thus continue to be a tad worried, rather than thinking we're close to being back? Not sure Bombers will be easy to deal with.

I think there's room for both Pickett and Caddy in this team. I thought Caddy was very good after taking about a quarter and a half to get used to the pace of the game.

Broad is as good as any defender going round at the moment. What's the bet he doesn't even make the AA squad?

IN: Edwards, Pickett.
OUT: Ralphsmith, Castagna.

B: Grimes Balta Vlastuin
HB: Short Broad Baker
C: McIntosh Cotchin Pickett
HF: Bolton Riewoldt Edwards
F: Aarts Coleman-Jones Chol
Foll: Nankervis Martin Prestia
I/C: Graham Collier-Dawkins Caddy Houli

Ralphsmith as the medical substitute.

Last edited:
I think there's room for both Pickett and Caddy in this team. I thought Caddy was very good after taking about a quarter and a half to get used to the pace of the game.

Broad is as good as any defender going round at the moment. What's the bet he doesn't even make the AA squad?

IN: Edwards, Pickett.
OUT: Ralphsmith, Castagna.

B: Grimes Balta Vlastuin
HB: Short Broad Baker
C: McIntosh Cotchin Pickett
HF: Bolton Riewoldt Edwards
F: Aarts Coleman-Jones Chol
Foll: Nankervis Martin Prestia
I/C: Graham Collier-Dawkins Caddy Houli

Ralphsmith as the medical substitute.
Yeah have to agree with those changes, it's a weird look for us though hey, down to one small forward (Aarts) and he's the slowest of the bunch.

But I think we're at the point where the small forward pressure isn't working as well and we now just need our best footballers playing. Can't keep carrying guys who aren't getting the footy and also aren't applying much pressure.

Based on that your changes are correct. Deep midfield, plenty of mids who can rotate forward.

I'd play Caddy a combination of forward and wing, rotating with Edwards, and play Pickett in the guts.

Does anyone know why we aren't flying straight to Perth? It seems ridiculous that we move hotel from Olympic Park to the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney and train at the SCG, when we could of flown straight to WA and got acclimatised to Perth, the time zone, Optus stadium etc.

Either:
  • the RFC has made the decision, which would be plain dumb
  • the AFL has made the decision, which is more evidence that they are sticking it to us for the Marvel comments and/or hate us
  • WA has made it the only option, which would be fair enough, but there's been no comment in the media about this
The bombers are on the ground there and feeling very good about their form at Optus and WA in general....and we're flying in the day before giving us no advantage, for reasons that no one has explained.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think there's any room for him unless you want to drop Caddy, but it's sad Pickett won't be able to play his first AFL match at home in Western Australia this week.
Play him as the sub.. way better option than Dan rioli

The Crows had 14 players with less than 50 games, including 2 KPD and 2 KPF, and a fair chunk of their midfield. They won inside 50s and beat us in two quarters.

We're a mid-table team, ATM.

If it’s fwd pressure that George delivers then play Pickett or Mansell in fwd pocket if they don’t fit anywhere else. At least they can kick and hand pass if they get the ball. Might even take a one grab mark above their head.
Edit - Hugo can be added, although some are questioning his ability to stick a tackle.
Look at aarts his pressure is enormous and kicks goals like a forward should and they wanted him out of the side how on earth this one stays in I'll never know. Rioly does what he does and gets on the scoreboard and everyone wants him out of the team I can't get it.

Yes they beat Melbourne - who were probably due a down game - in the hostile cauldron of Adelaide Oval.

The three games prior they had been smashed by the Giants, Eagles and Port, a combined 146-point losses in three games.

We just got over the line yesterday if you consider we were only up by 8 points with 10 minutes to go, and it took mark of the year for us to steady.

Should we thus continue to be a tad worried, rather than thinking we're close to being back? Not sure Bombers will be easy to deal with.
They beat teams we have lost to! They are very young and that is what happens they play well one week and bad the next but will be all the better for it. They look classy in the first half and lost their way in the second, What Nicks is doing is the right way and in a couple of years, they'll be up there.
Don't know what to make of this season as all the teams above us can be up or down. Swans are ordinary but on their day they can beat anyone west coast well nothing to say. The top 2 well let's say I would not be scared to meet them in the finals. Geelong will be found wanting in the second half the old legs will start dropping off. The only team doing well for me is the lion's slow start but has a quality all around. If we start playing 4 quarters even half as good as last season will be right up there. Crows win will be our turning point.

They beat teams we have lost to! They are very young and that is what happens they play well one week and bad the next but will be all the better for it. They look classy in the first half and lost their way in the second, What Nicks is doing is the right way and in a couple of years, they'll be up there.
Don't know what to make of this season as all the teams above us can be up or down. Swans are ordinary but on their day they can beat anyone west coast well nothing to say. The top 2 well let's say I would not be scared to meet them in the finals. Geelong will be found wanting in the second half the old legs will start dropping off. The only team doing well for me is the lion's slow start but has a quality all around. If we start playing 4 quarters even half as good as last season will be right up there. Crows win will be our turning point.
Fair assessment.

Hopefully you're right! Carn the Tiges :tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger:

omg I just came up with the best idea

Imagine AFL teams having a smash room in the clubrooms. Like for after bad losses the pissed off players and coaches could go into the smash room and take out their frustrations!

could market this so well too by letting the fans send in the objects the players are gonna smash!

obviously have cameras in the room, imagine how good the footage would be

holy s**t I better buy the copyrights to this

Back