Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
so melbournians, which are you?

A)
301c663b385b5aefead4c9ff3cadc04a.gif

B)
84d733f2a042_giphy-downsized_4.gif

C)
giphy.gif

The thing is mate, every time they find a new case they add a hundred exposure sites. If someone drives past a shop and looks at it through their closed car window it is listed. If someone with Covid looks at an outlet online from their phone, they list it. Mention a store to a mate, up it goes. And then they lock away thousands of people for each one.

They are literally jumping at their own shadows.

and as I asked Magnum last week, if they excluded non controlled sites which people did get infected at, people would be losing their s**t

also this isnt new. My first test (had three now) was from being at Chaddy fresh food market when the shift worker was infected there. they have been declaring supermarkets, shopping centres, and the like since day one.

the big change is public transport, but i think thats more due to people using it again (wife is telling me numbers are pretty much back to normal on our line during peak)

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
so melbournians, which are you?

A)
301c663b385b5aefead4c9ff3cadc04a.gif

B)
84d733f2a042_giphy-downsized_4.gif

C)
giphy.gif

A combination of all three mate.

I mean, we are seriously now telling people that have had both vaccinations that they have to stay inside every time they find a covid case. We have had one death from covid this year. One. I was all for the 2020 lockdown and my views on the Andrews Government are on record but this is madness.

Absolute madness.

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS
you are wrong

the reason they dont have a firm number is because it depends upon what the number is coming from:

- if the numbers are from unknown origins, super bad
- if the numbers are from known origins but were in community, bad
- if the numbers are from known origins and already in iso, as good as it gets

- if the exposure sites are contained and tight, good
- if the exposure sites are a dogs breakfast, we're f’ed

for an example, look at black rock. sites were very tight and contained, source was known (northern beaches), and the move from community positive to iso positive was very quick.

counter that with our current situation. When the spreader was at locations from the west to the north to the south east, plus multiple clubs and footy stadiums were on the list, we were f’ed. 15,000 primary and secondary contacts is what killed us.

BS, Sutton has said they are going for zero, they won't open while we are still getting positives.

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams

I mean, we are seriously now telling people that have had both vaccinations that they have to stay inside every time they find a covid case. We have had one death from covid this year. One. I was all for the 2020 lockdown and my views on the Andrews Government are on record but this is madness.

Absolute madness.

Same here

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
and as I asked Magnum last week, if they excluded non controlled sites which people did get infected at, people would be losing their sh*t

also this isnt new. My first test (had three now) was from being at Chaddy fresh food market when the shift worker was infected there. they have been declaring supermarkets, shopping centres, and the like since day one.

the big change is public transport, but i think thats more due to people using it again (wife is telling me numbers are pretty much back to normal on our line during peak)

Well what were they expecting to happen when we opened up and people started using public transport, going to the footy, etc?

They told us, repeatedly that their systems were robust enough to handle minor outbreaks (and this is a minor outbreak) and that the reward for our sacrifice last year is that this will not happen again as steps had been taken to ensure this. That any lockdown would be short and sharp and only if absolutely necessary. Well this one is not going to end on Thursday. It is likely to run for several more weeks at least.

So mate, forgive me for feeling lied to.

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams

Absolute madness.

Spot on Dan's words were Covid normal, were we don't bounce in and out of lockdown, complete lie when they are now saying until a large proportion are vaccinated, lockdowns will be a feature, as they don't trust themselves to be able to manage and control.

the biggest issue and what they are hiding behind , not only here but every other state, is the health systems are ****ed, and they know it.

Absolute madness.

to be fair the people with two vaccinations who want to be out and about are out and about. The only people with two are front line workers (who had AZ early on) and oldies.

remember AZ has a 12 week wait for jab 2, and pfizer only kicked off a couple of weeks ago for sub 50's

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
and as I asked Magnum last week, if they excluded non controlled sites which people did get infected at, people would be losing their sh*t

With all seriousness here mate, can you explain to me why the No's infected are not in the hundreds, after we keep getting told these are super infectious. We have what 300 plus sites, we keep getting told it's the data that directs this, so for 300 plus sites we currently have what 80 cases over 2 weeks of lockdown.

We have sites listed as an AFL game, plus numerous bars and clubs. You know as well as i do clubs and bars would be the worst place in the world for the virus to be in yet we have not even hit 100 cases, the idea this is data and science is BS, they do not trust themselves to manage it and no amount of spin from them will make me believe any different.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
to be fair the people with two vaccinations who want to be out and about are out and about. The only people with two are front line workers (who had AZ early on) and oldies.

remember AZ has a 12 week wait for jab 2, and pfizer only kicked off a couple of weeks ago for sub 50's

Mate, nobody is out and about. We are in lockdown. Ergo, those people who have had two jabs are stuck in their houses. Those that get their second jab in the next couple of weeks will be stuck in their houses. People who will be getting both doses over the next few months will be locked down during subsequent outbreaks until we get to 75-80% of people vaccinated. Which is months away, probably a year at least.

And then, I bet you anything you like that they will lock us down again the moment some anti-vaxxer gets the virus up the track.

I absolutely give the Andrews Government a walk for last year's lockdown (the lockdown itself, not all of the reasons for it). They had to do it. But they have form now and I do not trust them. I do not trust them to the point where I think there is a danger that people who are on the fence about vaccinating themselves may very well look at this and say why would I bother if there is no reward for doing so. Remember, most people do not operate in light of the common good. They function based on self-interest only.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
you are wrong

the reason they dont have a firm number is because it depends upon what the number is coming from:

for an example, look at black rock. sites were very tight and contained, source was known (northern beaches), and the move from community positive to iso positive was very quick.

counter that with our current situation. When the spreader was at locations from the west to the north to the south east, plus multiple clubs and footy stadiums were on the list, we were f’ed. 15,000 primary and secondary contacts is what killed us.

Very good summary.

Melbourne is cursed. Not only do we get an outbreak with over 300 contact sites including huge numbers of people.

Melbourne then gets another outbreak of a worse variant with no known source right in the middle.

WTF. We are cursed

With all seriousness here mate, can you explain to me why the No's infected are not in the hundreds, after we keep getting told these are super infectious. We have what 300 plus sites, we keep getting told it's the data that directs this, so for 300 plus sites we currently have what 80 cases over 2 weeks of lockdown.

We have sites listed as an AFL game, plus numerous bars and clubs. You know as well as i do clubs and bars would be the worst place in the world for the virus to be in yet we have not even hit 100 cases, the idea this is data and science is BS, they do not trust themselves to manage it and no amount of spin from them will make me believe any different.

behaviour

how often do you sit back and watch people? people in this town dont cluster near randoms anymore. numbers are down at the footy for a reason - FFS this year is the first time i havent been shoulder to shoulder at the urinals :p

in trains im seeing people keep their distance from each other. people are even choosing outside dining over inside to avoid other people.

add to that you still have many people doing WFH. Cinema traffic is dead. People are still online shopping (no longer fighting to get a car park in Chaddy).

I still maintain Melbourne will be a very different Melbourne post lockdown, and will be a very distinct place compared to the rest of australia

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mate, nobody is out and about. We are in lockdown. Ergo, those people who have had two jabs are stuck in their houses. Those that get their second jab in the next couple of weeks will be stuck in their houses. People who will be getting both doses over the next few months will be locked down during subsequent outbreaks until we get to 75-80% of people vaccinated. Which is months away, probably a year at least.

And then, I bet you anything you like that they will lock us down again the moment some anti-vaxxer gets the virus up the track.

I absolutely give the Andrews Government a walk for last year's lockdown (the lockdown itself, not all of the reasons for it). They had to do it. But they have form now and I do not trust them. I do not trust them to the point where I think there is a danger that people who are on the fence about vaccinating themselves may very well look at this and say why would I bother if there is no reward for doing so. Remember, most people do not operate in light of the common good. They function based on self-interest only.

nurses are working. doctors are working. disability carers are working. these (and similar roles) are the only non-50's who have two jabs because noone else was eligible or has been able to get the second jab. We are still officially 1A and 1B - normal punters are excluded from these categories

Very good summary.

Melbourne is cursed. Not only do we get an outbreak with over 300 contact sites including huge numbers of people.

Melbourne then gets another outbreak of a worse variant with no known source right in the middle.

WTF. We are cursed

And people laughed when I said Richmond breaking its drought would end civilization as we knew it!

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
behaviour

how often do you sit back and watch people? people in this town dont cluster near randoms anymore. numbers are down at the footy for a reason - FFS this year is the first time i havent been shoulder to shoulder at the urinals :p

in trains im seeing people keep their distance from each other. people are even choosing outside dining over inside to avoid other people.

add to that you still have many people doing WFH. Cinema traffic is dead. People are still online shopping (no longer fighting to get a car park in Chaddy).

I still maintain Melbourne will be a very different Melbourne post lockdown, and will be a very distinct place compared to the rest of australia

So why the need to lock down then if we are doing it the right way, 300 plus sites for 80 infections, massive No's in isolation, two weeks and will drag on longer, in is a massive over reaction and makes a mockery of reverting to science an data, they don't trust the systems they have in place. and i have already posted what they should have done rather than a full lockdown.

> Mask mandatory in all indoor settings or where you cannot social distance safely.
> Change density limits in all closed spaces to a 1 to 2sqm limit
> Sporting events, crowds at 50% at best, all wearing masks, timed arrival to games , lots of things can be done here.
> Offices limited to same rule as cafes, lessens the requirement of public transport usage.
> When visiting shops or cafes, 10km limit from home, this would also support local businesses.

The last one and the most important, any f***er who should be isolating and in quarantine and breaks this rule, 10k fine no questions asked.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't understand why they can't add further context to the daily numbers like they did last year. It just leads to unnecessary heartache and stress.

Yep. They either don’t know yet or just prefer to do it in the presser where they can rant about unnecessary things and play the blame game.

I don't understand why they can't add further context to the daily numbers like they did last year. It just leads to unnecessary heartache and stress.
Yep, got to agree with this. 11 sounds bad but if they're all linked and in isolation it's not really. 11 where a few are unlinked and they've been in the community is not so good. Adding that context would help people and shouldn't be that hard.

you are wrong

Spoke directly to one of the cases on Saturday; one of the early cases visited their house to quote a job; had no symptoms at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back