Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so melbournians, which are you?

A)
301c663b385b5aefead4c9ff3cadc04a.gif

B)
84d733f2a042_giphy-downsized_4.gif

C)
giphy.gif
A and C; and I’m one of the lucky ones (job mostly unchanged and fully vaccinated)

nurses are working. doctors are working. disability carers are working. these (and similar roles) are the only non-50's who have two jabs because noone else was eligible or has been able to get the second jab. We are still officially 1A and 1B - normal punters are excluded from these categories

I am not talking about those working.

I am talking about being out and about. Everything is closed. Nobody is allowed to do anything.

You under estimate this government, as Cryptkeeper says they are scared of their own shadow now.

Probably, I like so many others are desperately clinging to hope that the lockdown is lifted this week with some measures such as mask wearing, capacity limits in place. I am one of the lucky ones where my work is not impacted apart from working from home, I cant conceive how nervous and fragile others are who need Vic to open up to work, we simply cant keep locking down its too destructive.

Yep, that is exactly where we are at.

All of the rhetoric last year was that they would have systems in place that would allow small outbreaks to be handled so that life could go on. The systems seem relatively robust now yet they are all afraid of the dark in
My call no chance we get out, they don't trust themselves to manage it.
The Health advice will always err on side of a very conservative approach to managing risk. If we get more cases each day this week, for Vic government to come out of lockdown Friday would represent a significant change to its position

So why the need to lock down then if we are doing it the right way, 300 plus sites for 80 infections, massive No's in isolation, two weeks and will drag on longer, in is a massive over reaction and makes a mockery of reverting to science an data, they don't trust the systems they have in place. and i have already posted what they should have done rather than a full lockdown.

> Mask mandatory in all indoor settings or where you cannot social distance safely.
> Change density limits in all closed spaces to a 1 to 2sqm limit
> Sporting events, crowds at 50% at best, all wearing masks, timed arrival to games , lots of things can be done here.
> Offices limited to same rule as cafes, lessens the requirement of public transport usage.
> When visiting shops or cafes, 10km limit from home, this would also support local businesses.

The last one and the most important, any f***er who should be isolating and in quarantine and breaks this rule, 10k fine no questions asked.

FFS what is it with you and absolutism?

either a vaccine eliminates any chance of infection or its useless

either masks are 100% guarantees, or they are useless

either social distancing works 100% of the time, or its useless

Risk management is about the appropriate measure for the appropriate time. You dont need to call the MFB is your backyard fire gets onto the lawn - as you have a hose which can manage it. However if it ignites the gum tree, you dont sit there with a hose still, you call the MFB

Again, 15,000 primary or secondary contacts is what kicked us into lockdown.

and again, for the second time, remember the point of contact tracing. It doesnt stop the spread, it allows you to see how far the spread is so you can take measures to stop it going further BUT you dont know how far it has already spread when you are doing this.

This is why primary and secondary contacts are quarantined, to try to get ahead of the spread.

contact tracing is great when its in controlled environments and the people either know each other or are hard recorded. Heroes lying to contact tracers, lying on QR code info, or refusing to get tested is what *s contact tracing (and we have had a lot of that this year and last)

I am not talking about those working.

I am talking about being out and about. Everything is closed. Nobody is allowed to do anything.

thats because the places that are close have virtually zero workers who have had two vaccines

how can you open your store if you can only have staff with two vaccines and customers with two vaccines.

once again - virtually noone outside of front line workers under 50 has had two vaccines yet

There's actually 16, there is 5 of the other variant that contract tracers cant trace down yet.
FWIW, My partner has worked in contract tracing and her friend is still working there. Make of it what you will.
That is complete bullshit. While it possible that further cases were notified after the midnight cut-off, it take at least 24 hours for the genomic sequence to mapped. It would be impossible to know what variant these new cases would be, unless the close contacts of known cases, in which case they have already been traced down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is complete bullshit. While it possible that further cases were notified after the midnight cut-off, it take at least 24 hours for the genomic sequence to mapped. It would be impossible to know what variant these new cases would be, unless the close contacts of known cases, in which case they have already been traced down.
Rage all you want, just telling you what i've heard first hand

thats because the places that are close have virtually zero workers who have had two vaccines

how can you open your store if you can only have staff with two vaccines and customers with two vaccines.

once again - virtually noone outside of front line workers under 50 has had two vaccines yet

Fair enough but do you really think this will be the case once we have 30% vaccinated? 50%? 80%?

They will shut us down the moment some whackjob who refuses a vaccine gets this thing. Whist I have had one jab and will crawl over broken glass if necessary to get the second, I can guarantee you there will be people who say, what is the point given they can be summarily locked down anyway.

Do you think the Vic Government trusts the systems they put in place through 2020 and into 2021? The systems that were supposed to guarantee that we could "get open and stay open" and have a "covid normal" existence, whatever the hell that means?

I no longer trust this government to look after those who have done the right thing.

So the other three are linked but have been out in the community?

Brilliant. Another 500 exposure sites and a bullshit reason to extend lockdown incoming.

No only one not linked, 2 of the 11 were reported yesterday late in the day from Aged care, they were just added to today's No's

Fair enough but do you really think this will be the case once we have 30% vaccinated? 50%? 80%?

They will shut us down the moment some whackjob who refuses a vaccine gets this thing. Whist I have had one jab and will crawl over broken glass if necessary to get the second, I can guarantee you there will be people who say, what is the point given they will be locked down anyway.

Do you think the Vic Government trusts the systems they put in place through 2020 and into 2021? The systems that were supposed to guarantee that we could "get open and stay open" and have a "covid normal" existence, whatever the hell that means?

I no longer trust this government to look after those who have done the right thing.

it comes down to sectors

when most teachers are vaccinated, keeping schools open becomes a lot easier to do.

for retail and food, its going to be more general population. and it wont be "let it rip". it means the tolerance becomes more because the speed of the virus is reduced (because yes vaccinated people can pass it on, but thanks to reduced viral loads its harder to do so)

this is why it is a race. HQ will never be 100%, so as long as that is the case we cannot rely on Fortress Australia to be our only defence

No only one not linked, 2 of the 11 were reported yesterday late in the day from Aged care, they were just added to today's No's

Cheers mate, wondered about that but wasn't sure.

Given how dangerous this particular Delta "beast" is with it's R number of a million or something I am surprised that we all don't have it by now.

Just getting sick of being lied to. Apologies to all for the seemingly endless ranting about this and to those who think I am a turncoat of sorts.

it comes down to sectors

when most teachers are vaccinated, keeping schools open becomes a lot easier to do.

for retail and food, its going to be more general population. and it wont be "let it rip". it means the tolerance becomes more because the speed of the virus is reduced (because yes vaccinated people can pass it on, but thanks to reduced viral loads its harder to do so)

this is why it is a race. HQ will never be 100%, so as long as that is the case we cannot rely on Fortress Australia to be our only defence

See, this is great in principle mate and in an ideal world this is how it should operate. My belief is that at the moment that everybody has been afforded the opportunity to get the jab then society must open up in an unrestricted fashion. If you choose (as opposed to those who medically can't) not to vaccinate and Covid kills you then frankly I do not give a f***. It serves you right.

The problem is that I have no faith that this is the approach that will be taken.

They will shut us down the moment some whackjob who refuses a vaccine gets this thing. Whist I have had one jab and will crawl over broken glass if necessary to get the second, I can guarantee you there will be people who say, what is the point given they can be summarily locked down anyway.

While I am not saying the government has done everything perfectly, the real issue here appears to be your unrealistic expectations. You want to live in this fantasy land where everything is predictable and the outcomes can always be known in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back