Preview Changes v. Collingwood - Round 13, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Qoutes or it didn't happen you nerd campaigner.
Can you please link me to the Russian Demon you quoted so I can like and unlike the post for half an hour?

the post also belongs in TK’s lab!

Obviously in the minority here but Weid has to stay for mine. He does need to take some of those marks that he's dropping, but he's an agile 23 year old FF who has continued to bring the ball to ground when it's around him. Adding to that, I feel he's faced the more disciplined and better structured teams as compared to BBB which has to play into the decision. Our forward line, though not firing completely, is better at holding the ball in our forward 50 as opposed to BBB being back in, imo.

Obviously in the minority here but Weid has to stay for mine. He does need to take some of those marks that he's dropping, but he's an agile 23 year old FF who has continued to bring the ball to ground when it's around him. Adding to that, I feel he's faced the more disciplined and better structured teams as compared to BBB which has to play into the decision. Our forward line, though not firing completely, is better at holding the ball in our forward 50 as opposed to BBB being back in, imo.
Agree, I worry BB will throw off the team defence. But on the other hand if he gets 3-4 shots at goal inside 50 he will drain most.

If Weid could just kick like he does in the VFL we would be set, he starts kicking them and he will definitely clunk them more. If your spraying kicks subconsciously your not wanting to mark it and be constantly facing the pressure again.

Agree, I worry BB will throw off the team defence. But on the other hand if he gets 3-4 shots at goal inside 50 he will drain most.

If Weid could just kick like he does in the VFL we would be set, he starts kicking them and he will definitely clunk them more. If your spraying kicks subconsciously your not wanting to mark it and be constantly facing the pressure again.

This. Couldn't agree any more. Weid is best suited to what we are after but you're not going to keep your place in the side over a guy we just paid a 4 year contract to if there isn't a statistical uptick in you performance.

This. Couldn't agree any more. Weid is best suited to what we are after but you're not going to keep your place in the side over a guy we just paid a 4 year contract to if there isn't a statistical uptick in you performance.
Weid can have the Nate Jones money.... BBB we can probably write off as a charitable donation.

Ticket bought.
Out of interest I’m already in row M on the wing which is a reasonable sign for early ticket sales

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the * does someone know what "a cut off his new album" means but doesn't know what "to play us out" means? It's mind boggling stuff.

How the fu** does someone know what "a cut off his new album" means but doesn't know what "to play us out" means? It's mind boggling stuff.

Whole thing feels very coke-ragey

Whole thing feels very coke-ragey

OReilly is just a miserable know it all in general I think. But when he takes that deep sniff breath I can see it being coke also. 😂

Good post!

Weid plays a style better suited to our game and balance, and there’s also the risk of him not re-signing if he isn’t being played (Brown locked in for 3 more years).

I just can’t help but feel BB is much better though.

I’d be happy to play Weid this week and unless he impresses, give BB 5 weeks to show us what he’s got.

Either way you’d think we need to pick 1 and run with it from round 17ish at the latest.

I’m going with Brown at the moment unfortunately.

Good post!

Weid plays a style better suited to our game and balance, and there’s also the risk of him not re-signing if he isn’t being played (Brown locked in for 3 more years).

I just can’t help but feel BB is much better though.

I’d be happy to play Weid this week and unless he impresses, give BB 5 weeks to show us what he’s got.

Either way you’d think we need to pick 1 and run with it from round 17ish at the latest.

I’m going with Brown at the moment unfortunately.
That’s a fair take too, BBB definitely has the runs on the board, and looked more likely to kick bags in the games he’s played as opposed to Weid.

I worry that we’ll be still working this out come the later rounds too, but to me, if BBB isn’t taking marks and kicking goals, we’re playing a man down. He doesn’t bring that forward defensive pressure that is a big part of our game.

It’s a pretty big predicament tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back