Review Positives and Negatives - UP THE BLOODY COASTERS EDITION - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Never really get this sh*t.

Martin didn't do too much apart from a couple for goals yet rated BOG?
If you look at the two year average dots, CCJ was the third best player going into the game. Truly he's an unstoppable force.

Amazing game. Thought we were done when they kicked their third in the quarter. My wife told me "you have to play 4 quarters against the Eagles" and lo and behold, we came back. I'd lost trust in this team to grind out wins and it is so awesome to see it come back. Even better to beat the tiggers who seem to often dodge coming over to Optus. Are they even that good if they can't beat us away when we are missing so many players? Imagine if they had to hub in Perth last year and we played our game at home, like we should have?

The umpiring was shocking. So many weak and inconsistent frees that gifted them goals early. Then a few dicey ones our way in the fourth. AFL needs to do something to simplify the rules, as the umps just can't handle it.

The biggest negative were the weak Kents that started leaving the ground 5 mins before the end. One group near us left just after Waterman kick his goal to put us within a goal of the lead! Put your scarf in the bin on the way out and go get a Freo membership.

Great game good win. Congratulations
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the eagles supporters here that have 'liked' the post i have replied to
i am just 47 'likes' short of my record so please keep up the good work and may the 'likes ' be with you

Cheers guys it was a good game

Saw a fair few new tigs jerseys, scarfs and beanies tonight at the game.....nothing more than a bandwagon club. I'm sure those 'passionate' supporters will be rushing home to dust off their bulldogs or dees gear for the rest of the season.

Fair bit of chirp from them when they were up by 22, yet when JK kicked that goal they couldn't get out of the ground quick enough, sh*t even some of em were stuffing their gear into their pockets to hide who they were barracking for.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the eagles supporters here that have 'liked' the post i have replied to
i am just 47 'likes' short of my record so please keep up the good work and may the 'likes ' be with you

Cheers guys it was a good game

Who ******* asked you??

I know we're all up and about but I need to highlight the biggest negative of the night for mine.

The Darling matchup was a total nightmare. Vlaustin would be BOG if the other team had won. The combo of him and Broad on Darling tonight was ridiculous.

I'm glad we pulled the win because I tell ya, we went an entire game getting absolutely ZERO out of one of our best players.

If we'd have lost I'd have been sitting here saying Simmo had no plan B as an avenue to goal and had to keep coming through Darling who would routinely get beaten and hamstring the team.

Thankfully..... that wasn't the case and Simmo very much DID have a plan B and we managed to find other avenues to goal in the 4th, bypassing Darling.

He wasn't just "bad". He was completely outpointed in every facet of the game. This is the bloke who was BOG last time we played them here and kicked a career high 6 goals in an unstoppable performance.

My concern here is that our system, as pointed out before, needs to adapt so it's not reliant on certain key players. So if Darling is getting clearly towelled up, like he was tonight, like he did by Laverde 2 weeks ago, we can still find a way to score.

I think i actually missed our 2nd ruck tonight. Sometimes Kennedy would be off, Oscar would be in the ruck and we literally had nobody to kick long to, except spuddy Darling.

2 out of his last 3 games JD has been completely shut down. Vlaustin is a quality AA player, but Laverde is a nobody makeshift pleb defender.

Need to keep an eye on this one.
I am a big Darling fan and often defend him against unwarranted criticism, but tonight was piss weak. He just absolutely dropped his bundle. I watched him a bit off the ball and he was sulking and getting frustrated. Things didn't go his way and he threw in the towel. Didn't look like he had an injury either, just had a shocker.

Can't play well every week but he needs to enjoy his two weeks off and get fired up for the rest of the season.

I know we're all up and about but I need to highlight the biggest negative of the night for mine.

The Darling matchup was a total nightmare. Vlaustin would be BOG if the other team had won. The combo of him and Broad on Darling tonight was ridiculous.

I'm glad we pulled the win because I tell ya, we went an entire game getting absolutely ZERO out of one of our best players.

If we'd have lost I'd have been sitting here saying Simmo had no plan B as an avenue to goal and had to keep coming through Darling who would routinely get beaten and hamstring the team.

Thankfully..... that wasn't the case and Simmo very much DID have a plan B and we managed to find other avenues to goal in the 4th, bypassing Darling.

He wasn't just "bad". He was completely outpointed in every facet of the game. This is the bloke who was BOG last time we played them here and kicked a career high 6 goals in an unstoppable performance.

My concern here is that our system, as pointed out before, needs to adapt so it's not reliant on certain key players. So if Darling is getting clearly towelled up, like he was tonight, like he did by Laverde 2 weeks ago, we can still find a way to score.

I think i actually missed our 2nd ruck tonight. Sometimes Kennedy would be off, Oscar would be in the ruck and we literally had nobody to kick long to, except spuddy Darling.

2 out of his last 3 games JD has been completely shut down. Vlaustin is a quality AA player, but Laverde is a nobody makeshift pleb defender.

Need to keep an eye on this one.
Darling to the ruck and Oscar forward I think should be considered to get Darling away from his matchup and into the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did you look at the hot blonde eagles fan that held the dusty will you marry me sign???? lol

View attachment 1154694
She just wants to have a few baby boys illegitimately without telling Dusty they are his kids so they become eagles players
Im awake to this women and her intentions. I will personally have to 'Interview her myself'

Missed the game because the AFL f’ed me over and scheduled the game as the same time as my hockey. Just watched that last 2 minutes video, and Hedwards playing on for that last goal is one of the smartest things I've seen an Eagle do this season.
My hockey game was at 12.30. I was worried when they first started talking about this game being moved forward as I figure it might be that weird 1.20pm Sunday game. The 5.20 worked beautifully as it gave me time to get home and get a few in at the Camfield first 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back