Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so do I (chronic asthmatic). There are multiple forms of exercise that simply do not include gyms. That's the facts.

As for pubs and clubs...they are highly sanitised environments - more than what they were a generation ago. The reason? Because of the amount of cleaning that goes on in them to have a different level of clientele than just the regular pissheads in the front bars that used to congregate. Pubs have become rather upmarket in most places.
Again, you're not wearing a mask, and not 1.5m apart.
I can guarantee there's more cleaning happening now in a gym than in a pub or club. Especially a nightclub. If you're going to catch an airborne disease. Are you going to catch it in a gym with a mask, anti bac wipes being used before and after touching equipment. Or intoxicated, unmasked, less than 1.5m apart in a club?

How is it entitled? Its about the logic over one service to another. Staff, who aren't working and making an income, etc
Still can't come up with a logical argument re: Pubs clubs, just name calling. And gym users are morons :rolleyes:

gym freaks are morons because they believe doing to the gym is on par to access to a doctor, and are sooking accordingly. grow up

as for clubs - im 47, been a while since i was in a club so I have no idea how they are managing social distancing

gym freaks are morons because they believe doing to the gym is on par to access to a doctor, and are sooking accordingly. grow up

as for clubs - im 47, been a while since i was in a club so I have no idea how they are managing social distancing
Which gym "Freak and Moron" is arguing gym is on par to access to a doctor? The argument is what seems to be deemed essential enough to open over another. One benefits physical and mental health, at a lower risk. One slightly benefits mental health, is more detrimental to physical health, at a higher risk. Both for usage, and for staffs income.

Will we have the balls to make an early call on a few restrictions?
When Mum brought you home the new Goldeneye007 from Video Ezy, did you ever get her to take it back 2 days early? Or did you spend the whole weekend throwing proximity mines all over the place.

They will always say that it's a day by day proposition but having actually set a date I think it's unrealistic unless it hinged on an assumption that they got wrong. (the pizza boy in Adelaide/Brighton Beach Hotel). There's always more tests to process.

Which gym "Freak and Moron" is arguing gym is on par to access to a doctor? The argument is what seems to be deemed essential enough to open over another. One benefits physical and mental health, at a lower risk. One slightly benefits mental health, is more detrimental to physical health, at a higher risk. Both for usage, and for staffs income.

The thing with pubs is they are central to many communities. Think of a country town. Most things have closed..but the pub and the footy/cricket club are the most vital places. Keeping the pubs closed based on that fact is crazy.

Who would have thought somebody who pays money to stare at themselves in the mirror would be a selfish prick?

When Mum brought you home the new Goldeneye007 from Video Ezy, did you ever get her to take it back 2 days early? Or did you spend the whole weekend throwing proximity mines all over the place.

They will always say that it's a day by day proposition but having actually set a date I think it's unrealistic unless it hinged on an assumption that they got wrong. (the pizza boy in Adelaide/Brighton Beach Hotel). There's always more tests to process.

Haha that’s one of the strangest questions I’ve ever received I reckon… I think Thursday is set and no restrictions will change.

Obviously with the exception of those who have legitimate medical conditions that mean they can't be vaccinated, I am also opposed to those who have chosen not to vaccinate being able to tap into taxpayer funded healthcare for any Covid related illness they contract. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

So as i bought up on another forum, smokers shouldnt be able to use taxpayer funded healthcare for lung cancer, obese people for their heart/health issues, sunbakers for skin cancer etc etc.

Pretty dumb line of thinking......

The thing with pubs is they are central to many communities. Think of a country town. Most things have closed..but the pub and the footy/cricket club are the most vital places. Keeping the pubs closed based on that fact is crazy.
I agree when it comes country towns in a sense, but pubs and clubs re opened in regional, like whats happening now in metro, yet Gyms and Leisure centres remained closed, but i'd argue they are far more vital, especially when it comes to children's swimming lessons, or Hydrotherapy rehab, or aqua aerobics classes, and overall health and wellness.

Where talking about disease transmission, it should be an argument on where is it more likely to spread.

Some of the anti vaxxers here last year where (talking up that the gym and sunshine makes you immune to covid), and Twitter is full of the idiots.

Like most things in like, the loudest elements are attracting the most attention.

On a serious note, the overseas experience with gyms hasn't been great, and it's because of how hard you're breathing when exercising (so even with shields, it's very hard to stop airborne transmission)

Also not all gyms are equal. Some activities (ie brikram yoga) I struggle to see how they can keep clean (carpet, humidity, and tonnes of sweat is such a good combo). Some places have great staff numbers, some have zero for many hours.

It's also why churches are always hit. Singing has the same issue, and the number of hotspots in the USA being churches is nuts.

Fwiw I don't think this will last long. Gyms along with the rest will open up once they are confident the unknowns have burnt out. I do think the future business model for places like snap will be under pressure.

Some of the anti vaxxers here last year where (talking up that the gym and sunshine makes you immune to covid), and Twitter is full of the idiots.

Like most things in like, the loudest elements are attracting the most attention.

On a serious note, the overseas experience with gyms hasn't been great, and it's because of how hard you're breathing when exercising (so even with shields, it's very hard to stop airborne transmission)

Also not all gyms are equal. Some activities (ie brikram yoga) I struggle to see how they can keep clean (carpet, humidity, and tonnes of sweat is such a good combo). Some places have great staff numbers, some have zero for many hours.

It's also why churches are always hit. Singing has the same issue, and the number of hotspots in the USA being churches is nuts.

Fwiw I don't think this will last long. Gyms along with the rest will open up once they are confident the unknowns have burnt out. I do think the future business model for places like snap will be under pressure.

I think any place that says they 'forensically clean' or 'continually cleaning' are all bullshit anyway. Sure they may wipe down a few extra surfaces but im predicting its not much more. I went to the movies and they say they are 'cleaning more often to be covid safe' - im sure the 16yr old working there really gets in deep and cleans it spotless.

The extra money cleaning companies/contractors would be charging for 'Covid-Cleaning' would be very nice for their business. If the place they cleaned somehow had a covid-case then it was bought in from outside - its not the cleaners fault 🤣

I think any place that says they 'forensically clean' or 'continually cleaning' are all bullshit anyway. Sure they may wipe down a few extra surfaces but im predicting its not much more. I went to the movies and they say they are 'cleaning more often to be covid safe' - im sure the 16yr old working there really gets in deep and cleans it spotless.

The extra money cleaning companies/contractors would be charging for 'Covid-Cleaning' would be very nice for their business. If the place they cleaned somehow had a covid-case then it was bought in from outside - its not the cleaners fault 🤣

cinema cleaning is a reason why they never turn the lights up

never look under the seats during an evening session

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're paying a bloke $3k a month to do covid-level cleaning of our offices. Being the sucker I am I'm occasionally still there when he comes in, and yeah that ain't covid-level cleaning we're paying him for.

There should be one set of State govt ads at the moment basically saying "hey baby boomers get your old arses off the couch, stop watching sky news and go and get the vaccine". But no, they're getting bumped for the latest set of pet issues from Brunswick.

Not accurate. Pet issue in Brunswick is the width of the parking spaces at Barkly Square.

Not accurate. Pet issue in Brunswick is the width of the parking spaces at Barkly Square.

Reduced to accommadate only fixed gear bikes or a moped? Aim to make driving as difficult as possible obviously.

Look from my one bedroom flat, where I live alone, that's walking distance to everywhere I ever go, I just can't imagine why anyone needs one of those dirty climate killing cars!

We're paying a bloke $3k a month to do covid-level cleaning of our offices. Being the sucker I am I'm occasionally still there when he comes in, and yeah that ain't covid-level cleaning we're paying him for.

haha yeah exactly, taking the piss a bit but who wouldnt? How much were they getting paid before covid? Or a new service because of covid?

No arguments here on the bolded. But there is logic in the better physical shape/healthy lifestyle you lead, the better your immune system is, and the better your body combats it if you do contract covid.

I can tell you we are Nazi's here, and the members have the sanitary wipes rule drilled into them. Because if they don't abide by the covid safe plan we could get shut down or fined, and luckily we are not a 24/7 gym so are always manned. In fact we are council ran, so even stricter.
Regarding the singing, that's also my point, where are you likely to sing maskless? A pub or club.

No arguments here on the bolded. But there is logic in the better physical shape/healthy lifestyle you lead, the better your immune system is, and the better your body combats it if you do contract covid.

I can tell you we are Nazi's here, and the members have the sanitary wipes rule drilled into them. Because if they don't abide by the covid safe plan we could get shut down or fined, and luckily we are not a 24/7 gym so are always manned. In fact we are council ran, so even stricter.
Regarding the singing, that's also my point, where are you likely to sing maskless? A pub or club.

FFS its a factor, it doesnt make you immune. I used to ride a bike 50km a day, and i still got every bug going around.

better health helps your immune system, but it cannot make your immune system something its not.

Agree council run are better, but its one of those things you cannot allow the councils to operate and not the private sector. you could set minimum structural standards for opening, but i suspect these would be wasted money (because will be redundant when complete)

ive been going to pubs since '89, and only time i see singing is FA cup night of grand final day. live acts obv change that (but the venues i follow are still not open for live yet (suspect a minimum gate is an issue there)

FFS its a factor, it doesnt make you immune. I used to ride a bike 50km a day, and i still got every bug going around.

better health helps your immune system, but it cannot make your immune system something its not.

Agree council run are better, but its one of those things you cannot allow the councils to operate and not the private sector. you could set minimum structural standards for opening, but i suspect these would be wasted money (because will be redundant when complete)

ive been going to pubs since '89, and only time i see singing is FA cup night of grand final day. live acts obv change that (but the venues i follow are still not open for live yet (suspect a minimum gate is an issue there)
I've never said immune. So if its a factor, isn't that what counts? Wearing a condom doesn't make a guy immune from STD's or a girl from getting pregnant, but it helps.
Lol, I've been going to pubs since 2000, i've lost count the amount of Jukebox singalongs been had.

Reduced to accommadate only fixed gear bikes or a moped? Aim to make driving as difficult as possible obviously.

Look from my one bedroom flat, where I live alone, that's walking distance to everywhere I ever go, I just can't imagine why anyone needs one of those dirty climate killing cars!

There's a lot of resentment in this post.

Maybe one day you'll be able to afford to live in Brunswick.

it's a social media mirage. a lot of it is bots imo, or paid professionals in his massive social media team. the #istandwithdan crew on twitter are lethal, however i've not come across one in real life - nor on my facebook/instagram feed.

he's got the ALP die hard boomers on his side because he's patriotic about Victoria and boomers barrack for their political party like a goddamn footy team. he has a lot of of the youth on side because he's been good for the "woke" stuff. makes a post about something LBTQ+ related and the 18-35 yr olds jizz themselves.

it seems the frustration with him this time around is getting louder, it's just a shame there is zero opposition. michael o'brien is a banana.

21 years ago Labor won office with no debt and a promise from Bracks and Brumby that the ALP would never again go into the debt Cain/Kirner incurred.
That promise lasted until 2007 when they agreed to spend 23 billion on the desal plant which ended up costing about 28-30 billion. Vics paid for a standby desal plant that was not used, despite all of the climate change doomsayers.

Andrews and Labor smashed the LNP at the 2018 election so much so that the LNP lost Hawthorn and barely hung onto Brighton. The biggest fear for Andrews are the Greens, which keep pinching inner suburban seats, and then putting pressure on the Govt to build injecting facilities right opposite primary schools. It saves lives, I keep hearing.

Circa 2020 just prior to Covid, Andrews announces a 60 billion debt to be used on public works and creating jobs. Not a care in the world. Interest rates are at record lows, and the ABC keep saying repaying the debt will cost us bugger all as we can afford it. it was projected that by 2024, the State Govt would have to spend 13% of its budget to cover payments on 60 billion.

Then came Covid.

This debt is now 150 billion and climbing alarmingly. Andrews has sold off anything and everything he could with the exception of Vic Roads. What Pallas and Merlino and Andrews do not say is what proportion of the budget will have to set aside to pay off $150bn debt? 25%,30% or more? What happens if interest rates move 2-5% in the next decade?

Answer: Public servants will be the first to go. Police, fireys, nurses and teachers will probably be slashed by 30-50% or they will be forced to take huge pay cuts. The Govt will have to find a way to try and introduce a property tax on all properties irrespective of their value to boost tax receipts.

The day of reckoning is coming. Andrews, Merlino, Pallas will all disappear overseas as the previous Labor Ministers did, with their huge fat pensions in tow.
If you think it is expensive living in Melbourne, wait and see what it is like in 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back