Event The Sweet Olympic Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Since I've seen them lurking, AceAndy and U2tigers can join in as those disputed territories that don't quite have their own country so the IOC lets them participate under the IOC banner.
Sweet Refugee Team.

View attachment 1155791
View attachment 1155790

"The important thing in life is not to triumph but to compete."

Welcome all and sundry to the Games of the I Olympiad, the inaugural running of the Sweet Olympics. Across the month of July, the clubs of Sweet will send their best and their brightest to compete at venues across the region in one of 15 different disciplines and 20 separate events, to win gold for their club and bring glory to their suburb. Thanks to the unique climate of the region, both 'summer' and 'winter' sports will be held next month.

The 15 Sweet Olympic sports are as follows:
  • Athletics (5 events)
  • Basketball
  • Beach volleyball
  • Cycling
  • Diving
  • Fencing
  • Football
  • Gymnastics
  • Mixed martial arts
  • Rowing
  • Shooting
  • Ski jump
  • Speed skating
  • Swimming (2 events)
  • Table tennis
Events will be held in a variety of locations across the region, from the ski jump recently installed at Mount Buller all the way through to the rowing course along Sweet River in the CBD.

For the next two weeks, posters are encouraged to nominate themselves to compete in each of these events. There will be a limit of how many competitors each club is allowed to nominate for each event (this will be laid out in a later post) and posters are limited to a maximum of four events each in order to spread the glory around a little. You can nominate by PMing me or posting in this thread, the latter is probably preferable, and you won't have to do anything if you nominate for a sport, all the simming and resulting will be done by myself, although banter is obviously encouraged.

Not every event will have more than 8 competitors so some clubs may miss out, make sure to nominate early.
Hey Callums_Guns

You seem like the perfect person to promote this at the Demons and arrange our team for the Sweet Olympics :thumbsu:

Mark me down for the synchronised swimming.

Watched this a few times, and reckon I can bring home the bacon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kdavva74 throw me in 4 events that aren't already full for Dragons. Although it appears Bradesmaen has already nominated me for the basketball Cream Team.

Actually, make one the marathon for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back