Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
No chance of the Tigers letting him go.
They’ve been developing him to be the replacement for Riewoldt. He’s most likely Richmonised with their culture and loves it there.

So....they'll be expecting him to have ANOTHER 12 months in the seconds after Lynch gets back??? Or are the Tiggies gonna drop Jack to play the kid? 3 talls and Nank upsets their structure too much. It's why Chol hardly gets played as well. Strike while the iron's hot Pies! At the very least drive his contract price up so that the Tiges have to carry it.

Ugene41

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Then there are the delusional ones who think he's worth a 2nd round pick and one special poster that wouldn't trade him unless it was was a pick inside the top 25 coming back their way. The same group are rating Maynard as being worth a 2nd round pick at best, or even just a straight swap for Weideman. High-level comedy at its finest. 🤣

Wow. I've never ventured onto an opposition board before. But that game review thread was eyeopening. Literally every post was ragging on Weideman. Worse than we've ever gone at our whipping boys in Madgen and C Brown. And then in the Trade thread you have people suggesting Weid for Maynard plus our 3rd rounder hahahah.

I did also enjoy the fact that they complained about Gawn never helping to win clearances in the centre. I guess fans can never be happy with a consistent AA ruckman.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
So....they'll be expecting him to have ANOTHER 12 months in the seconds after Lynch gets back??? Or are the Tiggies gonna drop Jack to play the kid? 3 talls and Nank upsets their structure too much. It's why Chol hardly gets played as well. Strike while the iron's hot Pies! At the very least drive his contract price up so that the Tiges have to carry it.

I like this idea, especially if we're keen to get him. An extra $100k or more they'd need to find to best us. Only works if he has any interest in moving.

I remain firmly in the "let's see what McMahon, Begg, and Johnson offer before we seek alternatives" camp though.

I don't see him as much of an upgrade on Cameron (if at all). And I don't think they're complementary. I wouldn't chase him as I think he's being overhyped and will thus be over-priced. I'd like a more mobile bloke than CCJ to go with Mihocek and Cameron.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't see him as much of an upgrade on Cameron (if at all). And I don't think they're complementary. I wouldn't chase him as I think he's being overhyped and will thus be over-priced. I'd like a more mobile bloke than CCJ to go with Mihocek and Cameron.

Which is why we need 1 of Begg, McMahon or Johnson to make the grade. They're complimentary to what we already have in terms of mobility and marking.

Which is why we need 1 of Begg, McMahon or Johnson to make the grade. They're complimentary to what we already have in terms of mobility and marking.
I suspect it will be a long wait even if either of the other two come good, Johnson is the one we need to cross our fingers about in the shorter term.

Dogga6

All Australian
May 11, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Weid for Maynard fmd 😂, ok dees, sier for Petracca.
Don't take much note of them please. Some wacko individuals there.

I'm not buying into this Maynard rumour purely on the fact it was from Brad Hardie. Maynard looks as loyal as they come and even if he wanted to leave the club he's easily worth a late first rounder or early 2nd.

Weideman on the other hand, I'll be stoked if we snag a 4th round pick for him.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I suspect it will be a long wait even if either of the other two come good, Johnson is the one we need to cross our fingers about in the shorter term.

I disagree. We don't need them to come in and be stars. McCreery a case in point. Plays his role, contributes. If 1 of them can do that then it adds a different dimension to our F50 group. You only have to look at Thomas and WHE in 2018 and how they were able to contribute the 1 goal a game and how much more dangerous it made us.

I disagree. We don't need them to come in and be stars. McCreery a case in point. Plays his role, contributes. If 1 of them can do that then it adds a different dimension to our F50 group. You only have to look at Thomas and WHE in 2018 and how they were able to contribute the 1 goal a game and how much more dangerous it made us.
Yeah but in McMahon and Begg, we've recruited two young blokes with excellent attributes, who have never had much impact at any level. Expecting them to offer much in the next couple of years is very optimistic.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah but in McMahon and Begg, we've recruited two young blokes with excellent attributes, who have never had much impact at any level. Expecting them to offer much in the next couple of years is very optimistic.

Nah, not really. Begg was doing very well at NAB prior to his injury, McMahon playing VFL this year and hopefully we'll get to see more from him with some consistency of game time. Both get a full pre-season, hit 2022 ready to role if/as required. Nic Cox despite the pre-draft hype showed even less than these guys in his draft year. Again, he's no star (yet) but certainly contributing. I don't disagree that Johnson should rightly be ahead of them, I'm just not ruling them out.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
We have put all our eggs (picks) in the N Daicos Basket, we have nothing to offer to other clubs. If he was a FA then 100% we should be chasing him.

we currently have nothing to offer, there could be a lot of off season movement if our new coach wants to take things in a new direction.

similar to when Bucks took over you saw a lot of senior players change club that no one could of seen coming before it happened.

Nah, not really. Begg was doing very well at NAB prior to his injury, McMahon playing VFL this year and hopefully we'll get to see more from him with some consistency of game time. Both get a full pre-season, hit 2022 ready to role if/as required. Nic Cox despite the pre-draft hype showed even less than these guys in his draft year. Again, he's no star (yet) but certainly contributing. I don't disagree that Johnson should rightly be ahead of them, I'm just not ruling them out.
Begg played 2 games for 1 goal in NAB. We don't even know which end of the ground the club will develop him. But yes it's not impossible that he'll contribute as a tall forward in the next couple of seasons, highly unlikely though.

Don't take much note of them please. Some wacko individuals there.

I'm not buying into this Maynard rumour purely on the fact it was from Brad Hardie. Maynard looks as loyal as they come and even if he wanted to leave the club he's easily worth a late first rounder or early 2nd.

Weideman on the other hand, I'll be stoked if we snag a 4th round pick for him.
Given he’s contracted, even if he did want to leave we’d be asking for significant overs. Like top 10.

Begg played 2 games for 1 goal in NAB. We don't even know which end of the ground the club will develop him. But yes it's not impossible that he'll contribute as a tall forward in the next couple of seasons, highly unlikely though.
Playing top aged as well…

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wow. I've never ventured onto an opposition board before. But that game review thread was eyeopening. Literally every post was ragging on Weideman. Worse than we've ever gone at our whipping boys in Madgen and C Brown. And then in the Trade thread you have people suggesting Weid for Maynard plus our 3rd rounder hahahah.

I did also enjoy the fact that they complained about Gawn never helping to win clearances in the centre. I guess fans can never be happy with a consistent AA ruckman.
You know on a side - but connected - issue Madge is an interesting case in point for our resident 'he's a premiership player so that makes him a champ' enthusiasts.

One more goal and Madge would have been a premiership player.

You know on a side - but connected - issue Madge is an interesting case in point for our resident 'he's a premiership player so that makes him a champ' enthusiasts.

Yep, and we likely wouldn’t have chased Beams, putting us up two first-round picks and a ton of cap space, and we could have offloaded our fringe players for overs on to unsuspecting AFL stooges. Just another reason to bemoan that absolute campaigner of an outcome from 5 goals up.

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep, and we likely wouldn’t have chased Beams, putting us up two first-round picks and a ton of cap space, and we could have offloaded our fringe players for overs on to unsuspecting AFL stooges. Just another reason to bemoan that absolute campaigner of an outcome from 5 goals up.
Agreed and in the end we were dreadfully unlucky not to get over the line.

But one thing I have learned in 5 decades of supporting our boys . . . Collingwood's law . . . . .

If anything can go wrong it will, and at the worst possible moment . . . .

and even if it can't possibly go wrong . . .

It will . . . :'( :'( :'(

I didn't see him out there in the 2018 GF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back