Universal Love David Teague

Remove this Banner Ad

Cerra won’t make our list better. And I think he’s a very good player. He’ll come in and he’ll go backwards. Until we get a winning culture it doesn’t really matter what players we bring in, we’re not going to go anywhere.

Get some posters think culture is overrated. It ain’t. Developing a winning mentality is what professional sporting clubs do. Anyone who thinks otherwise is factually wrong. Until everyone in our footy department “jells” and the players want to work with each other for 100% of the game, (particularly when we don’t have the ball) we’ll stay where we are.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Which players?

Ones I mentioned before, SPS, Dow, LOB etc.

I don't buy into the argument for a second that Teague has been playing them out of position
We need to off load McGovern and his contract too.

A lot of bad contracts at this club, which is not Teague's fault.

Look I love SOS, but I think he is getting off way to easy for our current woes. Our list is so uneven and unbalanced.

Gold Coast Suns says hello. They have more talent than us quite frankly.
No they don't, they're also younger. Their position is way more understandable.
SOS and his flawed micro management style of rebuilding is not copping enough criticism. We have nowhere near a list capable of challenging for a flag. It may be hard for some here to digest, but i think most neutral observers would agree with me.
That's a cop out easy way of looking at things and hiding behind 'neutrals' who spend no more than watching a bit of our games here and there to support your point of view is laughable.
The fact we are going to get rid of another coach in 5 years is very much a testament that our latest rebuild has failed.
Still hasn't failed.
I was happy to go with this for some time. The empirical evidence would suggest that the genuine talent we have assembled kept us in games in spite of the coaching.
Exactly right. It's painfully obvious that we've had some extreme talent namely Weitering Walsh and Mckay basically keep us in games. Weits 1 on 1 heroics down back, Walsh the running machine and Mckay just being too big and strong for his opponents. Nothing in that is system or team ethos. It's just 3 talented as * buggers keeping us close enough.
the players I mentioned have not performed for 2 coaches, i doubt they will for a 3rd,
The players you mentioned were teenagers for the first coach and have struggled under the second. They have been absolutely thrown to the wolves but somehow its their fault theyre struggling despite some obvious talent. Laughable.
I assume Marchbank retire
Just like you've got Doch retiring end of this season right
Get some posters think culture is overrated. It ain’t. Developing a winning mentality is what professional sporting clubs do
Culture kind of comes naturally when the players are enjoying their football and believe in themselves and what they're doing.

I don't buy into the argument for a second that Teague has been playing them out of position

Yeah definitely not playing out of position. When we drafted them we thought:

SPS is a lock down defender.
Dow is a half forward flanker.

We have the talent to be a top 8 team. We should be top 8 this year. except the leadership team (whether that's Teague. Assistant Coaches, A Russell or Brad Lloyd) is failing

Blaming the list build is a cop out and a lazy one at that.
Our list has holes and some are exacerbated by injury, player attitudes and dispositions etc.

But find me a list that doesn’t.

Don't blame me when we see the same group of players play hot and cold/underacheive next season under a new coach.

I stand by my opinion to the hilt that our list is overrated and a change of coach is not going to make us contenders

If Teague and the coaching staff need to go, so does a good percent of the playing list
Paddy Dow, sorry he has had enough chances, bang traded. Ditto LOB, SPS etc

Stockpile draft picks and start again.

Least Stocker looks like he will make it as a player..
That is likely to happen.
Unfortunately those players I think are out of contract so we will get stuff all for them.

What will it take for Teague to go in the next month? A Buckley type resignation? Because I can’t see the external review panel conducting the full completed process of recommendations until at least the end of the year?

They'll make mince meat out of us
Frankly have feelings, we may not win many more for the season, as long as overhauling is done diligently, without negligence & omissions, I can manage.
100,000 + Membership milestone will not be reached if ineptitude continues, supporters have reached tolerance limit . That’s the story to take & register to the executive.

Last edited:

A lot of bad contracts at this club, which is not Teague's fault.

Look I love SOS, but I think he is getting off way to easy for our current woes. Our list is so uneven and unbalanced.
What is Teague responsible for, the head coach would be involved in every key decision in the organisation including signing off on player recruitment.
In terms of SPS, the coaching staff have not done a good job with him, he has talent, he is midfielder not a defender.

Fact is Carlton was a better team under Bolton (with more promise and definitely structure) than Teague.
They have only regressed to the point where their style of play is totally incoherent and lacks any flow.
The buck stops with the coach and he needs to be replaced.
While they're at it, why don't they bring back some club champions as assistants, Bradley, camporeale, Williams, SOS, Manton, whitnall, kouta and maybe even Waite has the makings of a very competent assistant Coaching panel.
A senior director of coaching should come together with whomever is the new coach.

sorry … Bolton was equally as terrible as Teague … just the other way !!

That may be true. But I reckon we have at least 5 generational talents on the list. And that’s enough when surrounded by others enabled and encouraged by their environment.

You just need planning and structures that don’t rely exclusively on talent.
You also need culture, buy in and frankly mongrel.

We don’t have those... and it’s an indictment on our coachin* group.

Be interested to know who you think those 5 or more generational talents are?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frankly have feelings, we may win many more for the season, but that’s ok as long as the overhauling is done diligently.
100,000 + Membership milestone will not be reached if the ineptitude continues, supporters have a tolerance limit and we’re very close to breaching red now.

I personally think if you buying a membership is conditional on how we perform on field and or whether we sack the coach or not, you are not a great supporter. Financial hardships or other personal reasons I can understand, I think good footy fans should not place 'conditions or set criteria as to if they should be a membership or not.

Not accusing anyone here of that btw, just my general opinion as a fan who remembers the really dark time and years in the early 00s before the great Dick Pratt that how agonizingly close our club came close to folding/cease trading.

John Elliott and his board of criminals and the scumbag at the AFL led by Ron Evans came close to killing this club off.

The club keeps needing supporters to buy memberships, hopefully more so we can wean ourselves off for good from that vile Pokies revenue.

David Teague as coach or not, we all love and care for the Blue Baggers, and we need to keep sticking fat and support them financially (if possible in these really difficult COVID times)

I think you need a big name coach to arrest that momentum.
No,not a messiah, just a big enough presence to enable confidence, a sense that players etc just focus on their responsibilities coz the overall direction is being managed.
Idk about big name or not but they definitely need someone with senior coaching experience and who has some relative success in the past.
That is an absolute must!
Pyke, Lyon , Williams. Even getting in one as a senior assistant or Director of Coaching in addition to coach would be great

Don't blame me when we see the same group of players play hot and cold/underacheive next season under a new coach.

I stand by my opinion to the hilt that our list is overrated and a change of coach is not going to make us contenders
i agree
its been important we have competed in every game this yr
i believe we are at a similar stage to the Lions before they got Neale....
we need such a deal and we are set

Needs to do exactly what Nathan did. It was good enough for the pies at only 3 wins, should be good enough for us with only 4 wins.

Offer his resignation effective at seasons end - offer to stay around while they conduct the review and see out the year. See what they do. If they boot him straight away, they see him as an issue (i.e. Barker)

Stars/potential champions he means
Walsh, Weitering, McKay, C Curnow.
Not sure who the 5th is.
Maybe he thinks Stocker?

Maybe Cripps that is the only one that springs to mind.

Look no one disputes we have considerable top end talent, it's our middle tier and young players/kids on our list that worries me.

Maybe a new coach can come in and turn things around. I would still prefer it if Teague got at least one more season with a totally new and better assitant coaching panel like Melbourne did with Goodwin.

I just don't think it's fair to blame everything on Teague (with the greatest respect to others here who think otherwise)

What chance do supporters who hope Teague doesn't get sacked have of not being ridiculed by the overwhelming majority of fans online, on the radio, in day-to-day life?
I am as cut up as anyone yet it seems that by not holding the view of "* this club" "teague needs to go" "trade cripps" "i will no longer attend games" 'how do I explain to my kid" etc. then it's seen as the ill-informed, and "wrong" view that's instantly scoffed at.

Last edited by a moderator:
What chance do supporters who hope Teague doesn't get sacked have of not being ridiculed by the overwhelming majority of fans online, on the radio, in day-to-day life?
I am as cut up as anyone yet it seems that by not holding the view of "f*ck this club" "teague needs to go" "trade cripps" "i will no longer attend games" 'how do I explain to my kid" etc. then it's seen as the ill-informed, and "wrong" view that's instantly scoffed at.

Apparently, if you don't go into a full-blown meltdown, wanting to burn the club down to the ground you aren't a real supporter who cares about the club, mind-boggling really.

I'd defy anyone to find one Carlton supporter who is happy with where things are at right now.

I personally think if you buying a membership is conditional on how we perform on field and or whether we sack the coach or not, you are not a great supporter. Financial hardships or other personal reasons I can understand, I think good footy fans should not place 'conditions or set criteria as to if they should be a membership or not.
Do you keep giving your child money even though they spend it on drugs? People who don't mindlessly continue to buy memberships are just as committed to the club as others, they're just expressing it differently. Don't be ridiculous 'good footy fans' are not the ones who support their club no matter how bad it is. They're better known as St Kilda supporters. Maybe you'd enjoy their company?

Gold Coast Suns says hello. They have more talent than us quite frankly.

SOS and his flawed micro management style of rebuilding is not copping enough criticism. We have nowhere near a list capable of challenging for a flag. It may be hard for some here to digest, but i think most neutral observers would agree with me.

The fact we are going to get rid of another coach in 5 years is very much a testament that our latest rebuild has failed.

I certainly do not expect us to play finals next year under a new coach, we have to accept the fact we are in for another mini rebuild of sorts.
Keep blaming sos. He will be Liddle and Lloyd’s scapegoat. The one person who stood up to the boys club and knew the coaches and development program were below par.
He didn’t bring in Williams Fogarty or Saad. Yes he had some fails but left plenty of money in the Cap for the mates club to stuff up. Pick 8 for Saad? Williams 6x850k? Fogarty?
Cain’s pick Betts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back