Player Watch Pick #14 (2019) - Miles Bergman

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a bloke with a more appropriate surname in the history of footy?

This old campaigner might...

Glenelg Strengthened

"Dick" Head Will Strip

Partly the long blonde hair but the Iceberg reminds me of Nick Haynes from GWS. Not as tall but super-athletic, will be equally good overhead, and can open up defences with his pace and penetration.

Ideally will develop into a genuine mid, but will be a damaging rebound defender if that doesn't eventuate.

As if anyone from the AFL even watched our match… could cost MB the nomination

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miles is interesting to where he will actually end up playing permanently. I think majority see him as a winger. But when he is 25 years old with 150 games under his belt, could easily see him a full time midfielder.

Could be a forward or defender as well. Pretty good flexibility.

That 2019 draft starting to look real good with Bergman, Mitch G and Williams (who kicked 6 for the maggies this week). If Mead didn’t do his spleen then I’m sure we’d be hearing about him as well.

Miles is interesting to where he will actually end up playing permanently. I think majority see him as a winger. But when he is 25 years old with 150 games under his belt, could easily see him a full time midfielder.

That 2019 draft starting to look real good with Bergman, Mitch G and Williams (who kicked 6 for the maggies this week). If Mead didn’t do his spleen then I’m sure we’d be hearing about him as well.

He is not as Tall as you would expect. Genuine Centre square Midfielder with his running patterns and ability to spread from the contest. His long, penetrating kicking will look great when striding away from congestion.

I believe Burgman will become everything I hoped Hamish would develop into.

I'm not sure I've done 5.2km of high speed running in the past 12 months let alone one AFL game.

Miles + X should basically mean we outnumber at every single contest.
Depending on the AFL's definition of 'high speed running' there's a good chance I haven't done 0.1km of it in my lifetime.

In a few year time we could be debating the draft years.

Rozee, Butters, Duursma v

Bergman, Georgiadis, Williams (Mead)

The former are miles ahead but the latter have had limited exposure and opportunities to develop.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

In a few year time we could be debating the draft years.

Rozee, Butters, Duursma v

Bergman, Georgiadis, Williams (Mead)

The former are miles ahead but the latter have had limited exposure and opportunities to develop.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sadly nothing will ever compare to...

Butcher, Moore, Pittard

yep, like many others i'd like to see Miles spend pre-season with the mids next season. has all the weapons to become a gun center square mid.

Port Adelaide: Miles Bergman
In a win like that, you can throw a stone and hit half-a-dozen players who could’ve fit the mould; Karl Amon, Darcy Byrne-Jones, Jarrod Lienert, Tom Jonas (who had 18 touches at 100 per cent efficiency) and many others but the ever-improving Bergman gets the nod.

The 19-year-old had 23 touches at 95 per cent efficiency (seven contested), took seven marks, laid six tackles, four score involvements, had a couple of inside-50s and came alive in a big win.

They are serious Stats for any player let alone someone in their 12th game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back