Analysis the Josh Treacy effect

Remove this Banner Ad

As exciting as this is its a bit of a classic Freo
Lobb’s worth 800k a year but Treacy… a rookie contract. Very odd

As exciting as this is its a bit of a classic Freo
Lobb’s worth 800k a year but Treacy… a rookie contract. Very odd
Lobb: an established player at GWS, a team playing in finals, in a position (forward/ruck) we needed to fill who was only 25 when we traded for him.
Treacy: no U18 or any exposed footy form in 2020 due to COVID and an absolute no risk all reward pick.

But yeah... classic Freo.

Some people 🤦‍♂️

So selected as a rookie, and is staying on rookie list. I think at one stage some maybe half the salary of a rookie listed played didnt count to the cap. Is that right? I can’t really work out the rookie list conditions.

That’s great but that’s 💩! Definitely needs to be promoted onto the main list. I swear Freo can be too smart for their own good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news. A 3 pronged attack of Josh, Rory and Tabs could be a real handful. All three are strong marks and quite mobile.

Now if we can draft one two developing KPFs as a backup...

From the FFC website:

“I want to be a very team orientated player. I like to bring others into the game and work others in. If I’m not impacting on the scoreboard or possessions wise, that doesn’t overly bother me as long as I can contribute in other ways,” Treacy said.

“It’s bringing the ball to ground or laying a tackle, things like that. Getting in the way of Lobby’s opponent or Tabs' opponent so they can get a good look. That’s something that I pride myself on.”

Bugger me I wanna marry the bloke... And I'm straight as hell!! 🥰🥰😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

I’d assume that there would be lot’s of incentive points in the contract.

Play X+ senior games = $$$$$$$

Kick X+ goals = $$$$$$

Top 10 in the Doig = $$$$$

Provide 7+ “sheppards” for team mates = $$$$$$$$

Tackle opposition players like the one on crozier and they stay down =$$$$$$$$

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Great news and it’s a win that’s he’s on the rookie list.
If he plays 22 games next year he will earn an extra $90k on top of his base of about $90k.
Decent money for a second year player.

Tackle opposition players like the one on crozier and they stay down =$$$$$$$$

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Hey that’s called “double dipping”, he’s already in line for that bonus under the “sheppard” clause.

In 2 years time, his Manager can add the “bench” ( opponent too sore to come back on ) & “marketing” ( dreadlocks are passé, clean cut is the rage ) clauses.

Lobb: an established player at GWS, a team playing in finals, in a position (forward/ruck) we needed to fill who was only 25 when we traded for him.
Treacy: no U18 or any exposed footy form in 2020 due to COVID and an absolute no risk all reward pick.

But yeah... classic Freo.

Some people 🤦‍♂️

Yes… some people… are over accepting mediocrity. Evidently not enough of us.

So did we sign him for the ruck? Or the forward? Or both? Both would explain paying him double what he’s worth I guess

We had Darcy coming through the ranks nicely when we traded for Lobb.
Lobb has averaged 15 hit outs a game (all to the other team most likely).

But at least Lobb’s kicking bags up forward with a massive 35 goals 29 behinds in 34 game for us hey

Nothing about his career at GWS was worth the contract we offered. We literally overpaid so he’d choose us over West Coast (just in case you forgot that he preferred them)

There’s no wonder we’re the laughing stock when we defend and accept such signings.
🤦🏼‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back