2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
EBAY
WILLING TO TRADE PICKS 3 19 22 FOR
3 TO 5 MATURE 25 TO 29 BEST 22 FOOTBALLERS Prefer KPP or Midfielders ( no small bodied or under 21 needed)
Leadership qualities and strong work ethic would be a plus.
Contact Gold Coast Suns AFL.
Quite sure North would be prepared to trade out both Atley and Dumont for pick #3 and maybe even throw in a set of steak knives... ;)

Gold Coast will offer its first selection in November’s National Draft to rival clubs in the hope it can entice an experienced player to the club.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the Suns have prioritised a key forward to partner Ben King in this year’s trade period and would be willing to offload their prized draft asset to bring the right player in.

Maybe

Gold Coast will offer its first selection in November’s National Draft to rival clubs in the hope it can entice an experienced player to the club.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the Suns have prioritised a key forward to partner Ben King in this year’s trade period and would be willing to offload their prized draft asset to bring the right player in.

This will end well:)

No

Really

It will:):)

We need a key backman way more.
Corbett would be /is an excellent partner for King but we all know how that's going for Josh Lyons.
King has Corbett and Day who does Sam Collins have to help him.

We need a key backman way more.
Corbett would be /is an excellent partner for King but we all know how that's going for Josh Lyons.
King has Corbett and Day who does Sam Collins have to help him.

What utter BS. What would Morris know down in Melbourne and no way would we just advertise or leak something like that.

What utter BS. What would Morris know down in Melbourne and no way would we just advertise or leak something like that.
Smart to advertise early, it means the fans don't have to watch the u-18 for every state for the first time this year and froth over a skinny talent and that we are actively persuading a senior player to come

Well, Melbourne is still recover from the latest COVID lock down, so his regular “sources” at the local pub aren’t there. Normal journalism doesn’t sit well within the AFL….

(how does Pete Ladhams plus a first rounder sound? 100% not serious, but in the world of AFL-live…..)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody they have put forward in the article for pick 3 is worth it. However, I’m glad mature players are being talked about. We can’t afford anymore draft picks. We physically can’t play them all and so they don’t develop properly and leave/get pushed out.

Look at Brodie. Rowell and Anderson take his place. Would I rather Rowell? Absolutely. But the point is his development and pick ends up being a waste of a spot that we never use and will likely trade for nothing. Peter Wright gets replaced by King (again, a better player) but (again) ultimately a waste of development and a pick. We have a plethora of top ten or first round picks, but it means nothing.

Depth is important. But top picks don’t stay at a club for depth reasons or to develop indefinitely in the twos. Especially when the club is losing. And it’s hard to blame them, really.

We need mature players for a win now boost. Especially KPD. If it means overpaying with Pick 3, but maybe getting a late pick back in return, which we package for a another targeted player etc., I’d consider it. Pick 3 won’t help us much. A ready made player just might. Even if it’s an overpay, it might be worth it for the right player. Target teams like the Bulldogs or demons or Richmond—teams with a surplus of talls who can’t get consistent games. Shake it, then see what players might fall out? Pay with draft capital, not salary. Make the other clubs push them out (like we have done previously). Get on the front foot. Maybe we get lucky. We certainly lose nothing by asking.

(The problem is, the media will suggest we trade it… and then crucify us for getting rid of it.)

Ralph carr hinted we're trying to get someone big under contract. Hows about Charlie Dixon. Considered moving home to qld last year before re signing with Port. Maybe he is re considering, would be highly unlikely but exactly the player we need atm.

Last edited:
Ralph carr hinted we're trying to get someone big under contract. Hows about Charlie Dixon. Considered moving home to qld last year before re signing with Port. Maybe he is re considering, would be highly unlikely but exactly the player we need atm.
May aswell take Tom Lynch back over Dixon

Dixon would be a massive help for the small forwards.

Sorry to intrude on your board. I agree that GC desperately need to bring in a group of 4-5 solid veterans from a good, and most importantly, successful club culture. The issue I see is whether such players would want to leave that successful culture; players from such cultures will always want team success and are desperate for that success despite being close to the end of their careers and having already achieved success. This is what defines players from such cultures. I think you guys did well to get Markov and Ellis from Richmond last year. I believe you guys will probably have more success enticing experienced players from previously successful yet currently non-contending clubs like Hawthorn who know their premiership window has well and truly shut, but feel like they can contribute to the greater good of the game. Players such as McEvoy, Gunston and Shiels (all OOC 2022). I honestly believe if you offered pick 3 to Hawthorn for all 3 of them, they would accept it in a heartbeat. Of course, you need to sell it to them too. I truly do want the GCFC to succeed as it’s in the game’s best interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back