Preview RND 16 - Carlton v Freo Saturday July 3rd 7.40pm AEST @ MCG - Team - Post #526

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to win. Need one, had a real crappy few days myself. Glad to be going tomorrow!

In terms of Teague having 4 weeks; if this review is for real, they should know whatever the result is, if he needs to go or not. If we get a lot of wins in the back half of the season then that’s great. Means nothing though if he’s not the right person for 2022 and beyond.
Hope your ok mate :thumbsupv1:

Yup, but let’s look on the bright side David has final worked out that SPS ain’t a defender, took a while, once moved to the midfield Sam’s is contributing amazing.
Wouldn't be so sure he's not playing half back tonight.

Went for a walk after what happened here today and relised...
You, me and other long timers may Be 1 have become bit confused as to what bigfooty is, (I know how easy it is to get sucked into the vortex)
it's a footy discussion forum that people have different opinions on, it doesn't have any baring on the reality of the club...

But people act like what is said here is gospel...
It's really not, the club don't make decisions from opinion here, would go as far to say that the club doesn't even know what bigfooty is...

The pressure on Teague. Within the club, would be business as usual, the review would no doubt create some uncertainty...
The pressure from the fans would be inferred pressure, Teague and players would have very little interaction with the supporter base...
The major pressure on Teague, players and the Club. Is from the media and they smell blood and have a history of getting what they want...
Yes correct , the media feed the baying hounds what the want to read , they have a finger on the pulse and generally what’s happening.
So the pressure is understandable given the incompetence shown over the last 18 months , very little improvement whilst other young teams are burning it up.

Went for a walk after what happened here today and relised...
You, me and other long timers may Be 1 have become bit confused as to what bigfooty is, (I know how easy it is to get sucked into the vortex)
it's a footy discussion forum that people have different opinions on, it doesn't have any baring on the reality of the club...

But people act like what is said here is gospel...
It's really not, the club don't make decisions from opinion here, would go as far to say that the club doesn't even know what bigfooty is...

The pressure on Teague. Within the club, would be business as usual, the review would no doubt create some uncertainty...
The pressure from the fans would be inferred pressure, Teague and players would have very little interaction with the supporter base...
The major pressure on Teague, players and the Club. Is from the media and they smell blood and have a history of getting what they want...

I can assure you that the club know what BigFooty is. Aside from us being player sponsors for many many years, we've also had membership and media people coming here to post things for the members.

I can also assure you that all AFL journos know what BigFooty is, and often borrow material from here, sometimes giving credit directly, sometimes saying from 'online forums'.

Would love to win. Need one, had a real crappy few days myself. Glad to be going tomorrow!

In terms of Teague having 4 weeks; if this review is for real, they should know whatever the result is, if he needs to go or not. If we get a lot of wins in the back half of the season then that’s great. Means nothing though if he’s not the right person for 2022 and beyond.

Hope all is as well for you soon, the boys will give this game their best, just got that feeling.

:sickv1:

Screen-Shot-2016-11-29-at-12.02.01-pm.png

might not be playing at home but they have the home town umpire - a bare faced cheat!!!

It's clear that Teague is putting more faith in experienced players who also have their futures on the line.

This review is threatening his job so he's not selecting for the future at the moment.

Agreed,
Putting your career in the hands of deckchairs is a flawed strategy but this has been Teague’s way since day 1.
More than likely, they’ll all go down together and we’ll have wasted 2 years of development and progress …

I can assure you that the club know what BigFooty is. Aside from us being player sponsors for many many years, we've also had membership and media people coming here to post things for the members.

I can also assure you that all AFL journos know what BigFooty is, and often borrow material from here, sometimes giving credit directly, sometimes saying from 'online forums'.
Well geez..I need to smarten mah-self up in that case.
6f5784da24fb685b8c09d58c9286fd87.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup, but let’s look on the bright side David has final worked out that SPS ain’t a defender, took a while, once moved to the midfield Sam’s is contributing amazing.

Well moved to half forward/midfield, I think SPS himself has a lot to do with his footy improving, it's not just the change of position there. Both player and coach were to blame for poor performance here. SPS hasn't proven himself but he's going in the right direction. His move back to the VFL to work on his game and build a half forward/mid game should have happened far earlier. It's this slowness from Teague that has me bothered.

My biggest concern with Teague is the moves are there right in front of him, blind Freddy can see it but it takes a month or more before he makes the changes. My other concern is that we're still in our rebuild but we are making mistakes in regards to our player development. We should be looking to reward young players who play well but we don't, we continue to prioritise mediocre senior players. That's not how you develop a team.

Your comment about club and media doesn’t come as a surprise, most organisations with nous track commentary in the public media/social media/forums, knowledge about members is critical for their business.
Out of curiosity which current players does Carlton big footy sponsor?

Last edited:
Your comment about club and media doesn’t come as a surprise, most organisations with nous track commentary in the public media/social media/forums, knowledge about members is critical for their business.
Out of curiosity which current players does Carlton big footy sponsor?

Used to be Kreuz but haven't sponsored a player since 2017.

I haven't read many comments about TDKs game from last week, I thought his rucking was fantastic, he won some great clear taps. But it seemed our mids were almost shocked by this and didn't expect it, hence being in the wrong place to catch the ball, so Adelaide grabbed the clearance.
I hope he does 80% of ball ups tonight, the more he goes up for, hopefully the better he and our mids get at finding the ball.

I think that is terrible form from the club and it's board if true. Surely they should know by now if Teague is our coach going forwards or not.

If your mail is accurate, I have nothing but contempt for the board and CEO whom I previously respected.

We never change or modernised to the modern game.

How can you honestly expect a young coach to perform miracles with an overrated and problematic list in only 2 and a half years in charge.

We are almost back to John Elliott dark days of incompetent board management.

David Teague deserves far better than what this club and supporters have given him.

We are pretty much run like 20st Century St Kilda these days.
Not defending Malthouse here, but he arguably had an even more overrated and problematic list. We know how that ended.

Last edited:
|

Unfortunately Teague is now put in a really difficult position to coach for the now/wins instead of the future.

If the club had the balls to publicly come out and categorically state Teague will definitely still be coaching in 2022, we would be seeing more kids blooded for sure.

He literally cannot win with some supporters here.
In his position, most of us would do the same.
I hope people realise Teague is playing the best team he thinks can perform over the WHOLE game.. Alot of us would like more kids, but are they ready? MC think not obviously.. BUT ... Read this, which is weird even writing... IF we beat Freo, We are 1 game out of the final 8....... So maybe, just maybe he is actually doing the right thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back