Official Team Thread West Coast Wonders S31 Team Thread - Wonders BnF Tonight!

Remove this Banner Ad

1625482035218.png
The Wonders take on the Gumbies this week with the Winner advancing to the Prelims. It was a low Stress week with the loser having the double chance to next week to continue their finals campaign. omgfridge Genghis Tron & Barrybran were consistent quality for the opposition while Grand Uncle Horace ClarkeM & haydo all put in for the Wonders.

The Wonders kicked the opening goal through ClarkeM who finished with 7 and we were never troubled on the scoreboard, finishing 79 point winners even after putting the que in the rack and conceding the last 3 goals.

=====================================
SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 4
Gumbies FFC : 9.14.68
West Coast Wonders : 23.9.147

B&F Votes

4 votes - Grand Uncle Horace
3 votes - Mozzie19
2 votes - haydo

Missing Banner head LOL. Clarkey did it but i cant work out the link cos im a noob haha

First Preliminary Final Vs Bombers @ The Colosseum

For the third time this season the West Coast Wonders took on the Baghdad Bombers, with the winner advancing to the S31 Qooty Grand Final. It was another feisty encounter as the Bomber did what they always do and bring the best and worst out of people, depending of which way you look at it. But no matter which side of the fence you were on, no one can doubt that once again the Wonders were at their most active in the match thread when we played them. Vintage Grand Uncle Horace was at his absolute best with 87 posts during the week while it was also a pleasant return of Crusty Undies.

The Wonders kicked the opening goal of the match and lead the whole first quarter. Three successive goals to the bombers in the second saw them hit the lead. despite this the Wonders took a 4 point lead into the half time break. An arm wrestle in the third saw us leading by 7 points to the last break. But in the end a 5 goal to 2 last quarter saw the Bomber home by 9 points and the Wonders left wondering what could have been. Perhaps the difference in the end was akkaps 0 possession game from 100% game time.

West Coast Wonders : 15.12.102
Baghdad Bombers : 16.15.111

B&F Votes

4 votes - Grand Uncle Horace
3 votes - Crusty Undies
2 votes - mike123

1625482273844.png
Ladies and gentlemen, please be upstanding and raise a glass for your S31 best and fairest, Grand Uncle Horace.
1625482306104.png

GUH is by all rights a great leader of this club and although it is an absolute travesty that he will no longer grace the qooty field wearing gold and blue, it is fantastic to see him finish on such a high note at the Wonders, taking out the Ballarat Bulldog and the Best & Fairest in his final season. GUH is as well known around the league as he is internally. Known for his often hard to decipher, cryptic posts and his love of a good old slog with the Bombers meat shields, GUH is as unique a character as you will find in the SFA and you will be sorely missed. On a personal note, it was an absolute privilege to play alongside you this season. We wish you all the best old friend in life ahead.
1625482331728.png

Thank you Everyone for joining me tonight. its been an amazing night with some very deserving winners. Congratulations again to all the winners and especially Grand Uncle Horace for taking out the S31 B&F.

Last edited:
Wow. I am truly shocked. Thanks Mozz for your very generous words. Thank you one and all for embracing a different sort of madman. I have had an absolute blast in my four seasons. Rare that I am speechless, but there you go

Am totally confident S.32 will see the grand old Wonders be #firsttosix.

Sorry for my late coming to the party.
Looks like I went too early!!! My Wife agrees ;)

Congrats Grand Uncle Horace on the BnF. Very well deserved mate!
You put in a great first half effort mate. Thank you so much for your season. It's a real shame to see you go. Hopefully one day we will see you back again!

Congrats Grand Uncle Horace

Very excited to be joining the Wonders next season. Looking forward to posting with you all and showing the league that the West Coast is the place to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. I am truly shocked. Thanks Mozz for your very generous words. Thank you one and all for embracing a different sort of madman. I have had an absolute blast in my four seasons. Rare that I am speechless, but there you go

Am totally confident S.32 will see the grand old Wonders be #firsttosix.
Congrats you old bastard :)

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Excited to return to the place where it all began for me, and pull on that jumper once again!
HP, the memories, amazing.

Great effort with the B&F and over the course of the season, Mozzie19 and congrats to all award winners.

Love this club, excited for S32.

View attachment 1171553
We travelled to the Wazzas home ground this week hoping to even up the ledger and make it 1 win apiece for the season. The Wazzas were an inviting bunch with some good posters to post against, notably DockerDen5215 and Tonga Bob who both put in a great effort for the week. Captain TheInjuryFactory, Veteran The Half Back and league admin NaturalDisaster were also prominent posters for the opposition. while Grand Uncle Horace, mike123 and ClarkeM put there hands up for the Wonders top posters this week.

We took to the field and it was pretty clear the Wazzas were switched on from the start as the Wonders went scoreless for the first quarter and put themselves under the pump from the get go. The second and third quarters showed glimpses of a Wonders fairy tail comeback after we got within 12 points early in the third, but it was all one way traffic after that as the Wazzas piled on 10 goals to 2 from that point on.

Coney Island Warriors : 20.14.134

West Coast Wonders : 11.6.72

B&F Votes

4 votes - Mozzie19
3 votes - Grand Uncle Horace
2 votes - mike123
That scoreline tho!

E7CB7DD8-7D4A-42AB-9786-FD8C2BD658B8.gif

View attachment 1171525
The Captains award is awarded to a player the Captain deems to have been a valuable contributor for the season. Congratulations to mike123 who was pulled out of retirement and recruited to the Wonders in round 5 after previously playing 174 Games for the Wonders, Dragons, Roys & Gumbies. He got right into the swing of it again with 35 posts and an average 19 posts per match. Mike showed his dedication to the club and quality leadership skills throughout the season and has been promoted to Deputy Vice Captain for season 32.
I had too much wine I think I missed this, I just want to say thanks for the recognition and thanks for pulling me out of retirement it was really enjoyable year can’t wait for next season.

I had too much wine I think I missed this, I just want to say thanks for the recognition and thanks for pulling me out of retirement it was really enjoyable year can’t wait for next season.
Sounds like a really good night!

Great effort with the B&F and over the course of the season, Mozzie19 and congrats to all award winners.

Love this club, excited for S32.
We've got some ripping additions to the club next season. It's awesome to have HawkPatrol back at the Wonders and LukeParkerno1 looks like the move will really invigorate him and Loonerty's experience and leadership will be invaluable. Hopefully we will add some new rookies soon also. S32 is looking very promising!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back