Scandal The 2016 finals series was rigged

Remove this Banner Ad

The result of the 2006 Grand Final does not bother me, nor does the 2014 Grand Final as both were fair and the right team won. The 2016 Grand Final though, well, that is one I am never going to see as fair as the umpiring was the most biased I have ever seen, and the fact non-Swans fans have said something similar tells me something.

Plus a few days after the Grand Final the AFL admitted to Sydney that at least 4 goals the Bulldogs got because of free kicks should not have been goals.

The league were embarrassed to the point that then-acting AFL general manager of football operations Mark Evans rang Sydney chief executive Andrew Ireland on the Tuesday after the match to apologise for the umpires costing the Swans four goals. The winning margin blew out late to 22 points after the Bulldogs kicked the final two goals in time on of the final quarter.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...e/news-story/dd26db5f59740617c8e4847d13e5294b

Swans were robbed that day......I was barracking for Doggies though. Good mate is a doggies supporter.

Funny how if Sydney win that, the Buddy contract looks like a win. Not so much, seeing as the Doggies won.

SLIDING DOORS

The thing that pissed me off the most was the media never even acknowledged the umpiring. I watched all the football shows after that match and no one mentioned the lopsided umpiring, no one mentioned the umpiring at all.

If the umpiring was so bad that even the AFL rang the Swans to apologise why didn't the media cover it at all?

The AFL admitted that 4 of the goals the Bulldogs kicked were from bad decisions, so 20 points is not unreasonable.

They would have found 4 goals elsewhere, they were absolutely all over you after half time and Sydney had about half a dozen non contributors. Did the umpires make Gary Rohan and Ben McGlynn completely s**t the bed?

They would have found 4 goals elsewhere, they were absolutely all over you after half time and Sydney had about half a dozen non contributors. Did the umpires make Gary Rohan and Ben McGlynn completely sh*t the bed?

You have no way of knowing that. The mindset of the Swans would have been completely different had they been ahead halfway through the final quarter.

Keep screaming into the void though, I'm sure it'll make a difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they're all rigged mate, especially obvious from 2001 onwards. the VFL literally manufactured 3 dynasties, 2 were drug cheats

I knew it!

2001 offseason the AFL clearly sat down and decided that Carlton, it's most successful club, with a 150+ year history, the most premierships, and who had never finished below 11th on the ladder... needed to be destroyed.

They have subsequently rigged everything against us since.

And then did the same to their other successful club, Essendon. Combined 35 years without a top 4 appearance by either of the most successful teams in the comp makes sense.

Instead, it's far better for all concerned for the replacement dynasty / team who are always competitive to be... (checks notes)... Geelong. Yep, gotta corner that sleepy hollow market to bring in the big bucks.

Oh, and Colljngwood and West Coast can be good always too. But not Richmond - we will make them awful for 2 decades, then finish ninth every year for a decade, then let them have an unbelievable 4 year run before falling to 9th again. And somewhere in there we will rig it so that Sydney win a lot and get lots of concessions, but also lose to the Bulldogs (who get one random premiership and then back to nothing).

Oh, and Melbourne just have to always suck too.

If someone is rigging the show, they are doing an awful job imo...

The result of the 2006 Grand Final does not bother me, nor does the 2014 Grand Final as both were fair and the right team won. The 2016 Grand Final though, well, that is one I am never going to see as fair as the umpiring was the most biased I have ever seen, and the fact non-Swans fans have said something similar tells me something.

Plus a few days after the Grand Final the AFL admitted to Sydney that at least 4 goals the Bulldogs got because of free kicks should not have been goals.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...e/news-story/dd26db5f59740617c8e4847d13e5294b
Hahahahaha

I've respected you as a poster but quoting The Australian is ridiculous. The AFL never stated the Bulldogs received "at least 4 goals the Bulldogs got because of free kicks"

Jake Niall reporting for Fox Footy:
THE AFL has found the umpiring in the 2016 Grand Final fell short of the standard expected from the three umpires of that elite calibre.

The league has reviewed the umpiring from the Grand Final and found that there were three to four decisions that were incorrect that went against the Sydney Swans.

Those decisions deemed incorrect by the review included some failures to call sliding free kicks, most notably the contentious slide by Easton Wood on Dan Hannebery that resulted in a medial ligament injury to the Swan in the final quarter when the game lay in the balance.

At least one other slide that wasn’t paid was viewed as a mistake. Incidents that were contentious included below the knees contact from Toby McLean on Kieren Jack that went against Jack for being too high, as well as a slide from Dale Morris on the wing which saw Tom Papley tumble over.

If you're going to reference an official statement, make sure it's from informative journalism and not an opinion piece from a newspaper widely disparaged for it's Murdoch-influenced drivel.

Hahahahaha

I've respected you as a poster but quoting The Australian is ridiculous. The AFL never stated the Bulldogs received "at least 4 goals the Bulldogs got because of free kicks"

Jake Niall reporting for Fox Footy:

If you're going to reference an official statement, make sure it's from informative journalism and not an opinion piece from a newspaper widely disparaged for it's Murdoch-influenced drivel.

Lol so the 'AFL admitted the umpires cost Swans 4 goals' narrative is actually complete BS? Who would have thought?

No, AFL kicked an own goal on that one. They supplied a video showing the exact same scenario and called it "in play", so...

ALF own goal = Swans 05 flag was rigged.

In play or not, a fist to the guts was 2 weeks back in 05.

Even Barry admitted he should've been rubbed out.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back