Rumour Jordan De Goey In Strife

Remove this Banner Ad

Lengthy period of disqualification, large fine and a tut tut naughty boy from the magistrate with empty threats of prison next time.

Yep. Extending the ban on someone already driving while banned is certainly going to send a stern warning to behave !!

Turn the vehicles in to scrap.

If JDG is convicted of the sexual assault and say receives a fine or something on the lower end of the sentencing scale, what do the AFL do. I assume he would be stood down or suspended for a period of time. This is where things get murky for him. And a possible trade etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney sacked a player last year because of a similar situation, you'd expect the same result.
Anything less would be extremely disrespectful to the female football community, and women in general. Especially given how much work the AFL has put into AFLW, & developing women's footy at the grassroots.

No one has been able to tell me what he did exactly, but he should be sacked.

We should have sent Lindy Chamberlain to the gas chamber…

Great take, the posts said if he was convicted......one would assume that what he did would be set out at the trial and if found guilty you would know what he did no?

Anything less would be extremely disrespectful to the female football community, and women in general. Especially given how much work the AFL has put into AFLW, & developing women's footy at the grassroots.

Where do we draw the line ? If convicted of assault a player should be able to play footy again ? How about a crime like risks life's like DUI ? If you've paid your price to society does your workplace really need to punish you more ?

My 2 cents, if convicted he probably does get a year off or something. But then the AFL has to be consistent. Bit hard when you've got the likes of Wayne Carey in your employ and the precedent has already been set with players like Jeff farmer.

For the record, don't like Goey and don't like the Pies.

Where do we draw the line ? If convicted of assault a player should be able to play footy again ? How about a crime like risks life's like DUI ? If you've paid your price to society does your workplace really need to punish you more ?

My 2 cents, if convicted he probably does get a year off or something. But then the AFL has to be consistent. Bit hard when you've got the likes of Wayne Carey in your employ and the precedent has already been set with players like Jeff farmer.

For the record, don't like Goey and don't like the Pies.

That is probably the point of it in this scenario. I guess we find out but it is hard for me to see the AFL allowing a convicted sex offender (and I have no idea whether he is guilty or not) being allowed to play in the league.

If JDG is convicted of the sexual assault and say receives a fine or something on the lower end of the sentencing scale, what do the AFL do. I assume he would be stood down or suspended for a period of time. This is where things get murky for him. And a possible trade etc.

prob Sydney or Gold Coast bound to get away

If he is suspended due to guilty conviction, then lies lost atu, Trevor, Stephenson, Thomas for nothing….as these had to move to cater to the big 3.

Treloar and Josh Thomas I would imagine is who is being mentioned. Don't understand the relevance with Josh Thomas though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back