Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 18 vs. Carlton, MCG Sunday 18/07 @ 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 touches and 10 tackles in the twos should force someone out. Its not like its a one off either, his last 3 in the 2s have been good.

Winning team, minimal changes. Wasn't going to displace Adams, Pendles or Sidey either. Happy for him to bide his time.

Winning team, minimal changes. Wasn't going to displace Adams, Pendles or Sidey either. Happy for him to bide his time.

Not much time left to bide. I'm no Sier fanboy, but theres a consistent effort there that isn't being rewarded. That's all well and good for a first year player, but not for someone 6 years in. He's gone.

Teams are in with extended benches for Sunday games.

In: Cox, Ginnivan, Poulter, Wilson
Out: Kelly (quad)

Interchange will be from: C Brown, Cox, Ginnivan, Henry, Murphy, Poulter, Ruscoe, Wilson.

Cox ??? I'm sorry, I just don't get it... why ? Third tall forward in the absence of Kelly ? Back up ruckman, do we two of these ? Someone please educate me because the logic just escapes me...

Not much time left to bide. I'm no Sier fanboy, but theres a consistent effort there that isn't being rewarded. That's all well and good for a first year player, but not for someone 6 years in. He's gone.

Has to be a spot at senior level though. I'm happy to wait and see what the end of season wheeling and dealing brings. Wouldn't be surprised by either outcome.

Cox ??? I'm sorry, I just don't get it... why ? Third tall forward in the absence of Kelly ? Back up ruckman, do we two of these ? Someone please educate me because the logic just escapes me...
He won’t be playing. He’s named to increase his supposed trade value.

With our season already shot, Mayne should be injury sub for rest of season, so that we can pump games into fringe players to either develop the ones we want to keep (eg Macrae, Poulter, Henry, Rantall) or fatten the value of the ones we want to trade (eg Sier, Lynch, Cox).

It makes no sense to me that a player like Mayne, on verge of retirement, is getting picked ahead of youth development. On current form I’d say similar about Sidebottom, too. Play the kids!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With our season already shot, Mayne should be injury sub for rest of season, so that we can pump games into fringe players to either develop the ones we want to keep (eg Macrae, Poulter, Henry, Rantall) or fatten the value of the ones we want to trade (eg Sier, Lynch, Cox).

It makes no sense to me that a player like Mayne, on verge of retirement, is getting picked ahead of youth development. On current form I’d say similar about Sidebottom, too. Play the kids!

After we win this week. This is probably the most important game of the year.

Brown, Murphy, Henry, Ginnivan would be my bench from those named. Ruscoe sub again

If VFL was on I'd have said give Poulter a week of leather poisoning down there first, but with no game now maybe he forces his way straight back in.

You won’t see me bag Madge - I think criticism is way over the top, but can’t see a case for dropping IQ to retain him.
His spot isn't in jeopardy as we don't have a suitable Key Back. It is very likely neither get dropped.

Mayne is a defender, an on field coach and is playing well. All the players you mentioned are mids or forwards. Mayne should be dropped when someone who plays the same role can do it better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton going in with the 1 KPF. This should help us. If we convert our opportunities up forward we should be good.

Silvagni is KPF height. Just needs a few extra kg's to be seriously considered one.

Of greater interest to me is who will offer ruck support to De Koning.

It should force Sidebottom out

Sidey's got more than enough runs on the board to retain his spot. His 20 possessions last Sunday may be lower than we've come to expect but his gut running is still important to the team.

Sidey's got more than enough runs on the board to retain his spot. His 20 possessions last Sunday may be lower than we've come to expect but his gut running is still important to the team.
I just don't think he's having any real impact, and has failed to do so for much of the season. Getting less footy than last year (despite the game length differences), doesn't hit the scoreboard, is tackling less than ever while committing clangers and giving away free kicks more than ever.

Only 1 game in his last 4 (Freo game) have been passable. Needs a spell

I just don't think he's having any real impact, and has failed to do so for much of the season. Getting less footy than last year (despite the game length differences), doesn't hit the scoreboard, is tackling less than ever while committing clangers and giving away free kicks more than ever.

Only 1 game in his last 4 (Freo game) have been passable. Needs a spell

Not disputing that, just think he offers more to the team than just the raw numbers. His running an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back