Can we all agree Geelong deserve to host every home game at Kardinia Park?

Should the Cats be playing every home game at Kardinia Park?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well how the f**k is Geelong having an "arrangement" to play home games at other than KP of anyone's concern. But here you all are bitching and moaning every year about it. And then some more in finals, when the arrangement has always been to play finals at the MCG. Always*!

* - apart from that one year

And when they played them at Docklands, and Waverley and Princes Park and others. "Always" is incorrect.

And when they played them at Docklands, and Waverley and Princes Park and others. "Always" is incorrect.
DBAFW.... but I'll re-phrase... when the arrangement has always been to NOT play finals at KP, apart from in exceptional circumstances where Victorian-based teams finished in 1st, 2nd, 5th and 6th position on the ladder and with eight teams qualifying for the finals and with three of those teams being MCG tenants, thus qualifying them for a home state final and with Geelong also qualifying for a home state final and Geelong's opponent for that final not also being a Victorian side and taking into account the AFL's "best fit" policy for allocating time and location for finals.

Yep they couldn't. The club had to resell the Tiger Army's allocation back to Geelong supporters because they refused to travel.
Not quite true though is it.
Geelong admin demonstrated their immaturity by not allowing Richmond supporters to buy more than single tickets. For example, a mate of mine who wanted to take kids to the game found that he could only get them if he and his children, both under 10, were separated. Geelong deliberately set out to make the biggest advantage in footy even bigger through their usual unsporting and cowardly behaviour.
Luckily he and his children didn't go as, by all reports the spitting, vandalising of visiting supporters vehicles, threatening behaviour by large groups of Geelong supporters against lone Richmond supporters etc. was off the charts. Then, after the umpiures dragged them over the line, they celebrated and back slap each other for their cowardliness. They still are if your post is anything to go by.
A few weeks latter they faced Richmond in a final and, with the numbers much more even, we witnessed what must be the biggest whinge fest in VFL/AFL history.
They sure don't call you lot the 'Handbaggers' for nothing.

But I support little Geelong getting to play all of its home games at its home ground (apart from finals of course). Although I don't know why so many of their supporters got so angry and upset when Richmond requested the same.

Can just see Hardprick's screwed up salty face when he hears about this...but weee don't like going there..whinge😭....whinge😭
Why are Eagles supporters so enraged at the suggestion that Richmond play it's home games on it's home ground? Yet get very upset and angry that little Geelong doesn't?
Is it because you're furious that Richmond won premierships that you felt entitled to?

Well how the f**k is Geelong having an "arrangement" to play home games at other than KP of anyone's concern. But here you all are bitching and moaning every year about it. And then some more in finals, when the arrangement has always been to play finals at the MCG. Always*!

* - apart from that one year

We don’t have an arrangement. It’s made for us. The whole point of this thread is that Geelong are trying to break that arrangement. If Richmond were trying to get out of their mcg tenancy it would be relevant

I'm perfectly ok with it as long as at the same time AFL stops making MCG tenants like Richmond & Collingwood to play home games at Marvel Stadium.
Absolutely correct decision.

It robs you of genuine hga and robs interstate teams of mcg experience.

We don’t have an arrangement. It’s made for us. The whole point of this thread is that Geelong are trying to break that arrangement. If Richmond were trying to get out of their mcg tenancy it would be relevant
So it an arrangement, just one you don't like. An arrangement dictated by contracts and financial realities and fixturing and crowd numbers and whatever else. Whether you arrange it, or someone arranges it for you... it is still an arrangement.

GMHBA Stadium is located in Kardinia Park, just like the MCG is in Yarra Park

MCG is called the MCG, not Whiskers Park or whatever name sponsor like Docklands, Kardinia Park used to be called Kardinia Park.

If I was a coach and was going to play at a ground with different dimensions to where we normally played I would invest in a set of witches hats and set them out for those dimensions so my players got used to those different conditions.

1. I’m sure they do.
2. For a few hours training against a team training and playing on that ground constantly I’m sure it makes minimal difference.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if the current fixture on the AFL website is right then for next week:

Sydney have requested to play their home game in Geelong and been granted their request.

Geelong have requested to play their home game in Geelong and been denied their request.

Only the geniuses at AFL house could think that makes sense.
I have no issues with Geelong being able to host games at Kardinia Park, but in the current circumstances it seems rather churlish to moan about the fact the Cats are playing where they were otherwise fixtured to play (and where you otherwise play a number of home games each year) and your opponents just played a home game in Queensland against a home state team. I for one am surprised the AFL did not take steps to play this game in Perth or Queensland given the sides were already interstate and would have been supportive of that as a sensible outcome to keep the season going.

I have no issues with Geelong being able to host games at Kardinia Park, but in the current circumstances it seems rather churlish to moan about the fact the Cats are playing where they were otherwise fixtured to play (and where you otherwise play a number of home games each year) and your opponents just played a home game in Queensland against a home state team. I for one am surprised the AFL did not take steps to play this game in Perth or Queensland given the sides were already interstate and would have been supportive of that as a sensible outcome to keep the season going.
Not churlish. The ONLY reason this home game of Geelong was fixtured at the MCG is because it was expected to be a blockbuster. Now it’s unlikely there will be a crowd, so what is the justification? It should have nothing to do with where Richmond played last week

Last edited:

It is our home game, we have already played you at your home ground this year.

I think most Richmond supporters wouldn't care where it's played if there are no crowds allowed. However, if that is the case, there is no argument to shift it for the Geelong members. It's funny how many Geelong posters cannot see the issues at hand. If we play you at KP hardly any Richmond members will get to see the game live due to the extremely limited capacity of the stadium and the even more limited tickets available for opposition supporters. When we play our home game at the MCG there is plenty of room for quite a few Geelong supporters to attend. It's hardly a reciprocally fair arrangement for each teams members.

Not churlish. The ONLY reason this home game of Geelong was fixtured at the MCG is because it was expected to be a blockbuster. Now it’s unlikely there will be a crowd, so what is the justification? It should have nothing to do with where Richmond played last week
I'm illustrating that flexibility has been required of all clubs, yet Geelong have used this opportunity to have another pointed political attempt to get games moved to Kardinia Park, despite being more than happy to take the gates when it is convenient for them. That's why its churlish, because Geelong should just be happy to have a game in the state, yet apparently it's not good enough to play at a stadium you regularly host games at despite teams like North and Richmond doing what is required for the greater good in moving their home games interstate at short notice.

You seem to have missed the fact that the AFL is trying to keep a season together and ergo you might be expected to be flexible and, for example, play a home game in another state where required. Clearly this is beyond your comprehension given you haven't actually engaged with any of my points.

I think most Richmond supporters wouldn't care where it's played if there are no crowds allowed. However, if that is the case, there is no argument to shift it for the Geelong members. It's funny how many Geelong posters cannot see the issues at hand. If we play you at KP hardly any Richmond members will get to see the game live due to the extremely limited capacity of the stadium and the even more limited tickets available for opposition supporters. When we play our home game at the MCG there is plenty of room for quite a few Geelong supporters to attend. It's hardly a reciprocally fair arrangement for each teams members.

Yeah see the interesting thing about that is, Geelong Football Club isn’t really obliged to give a * about other clubs members. If your club has the access to a stadium that can accomodate other clubs members, that’s great. But it doesn’t mean we have to do the same.

Yeah see the interesting thing about that is, Geelong Football Club isn’t really obliged to give a fu** about other clubs members. If your club has the access to a stadium that can accomodate other clubs members, that’s great. But it doesn’t mean we have to do the same.
And you then find it surprising that the AFL make you play home games elsewhere with that extremely selfish attitude? LMAO!!!! You do realise that the Geelong Football Club, like all footy clubs in the AFL, cannot survive without the AFL but the AFL can easily survive without it? Or has that concept eluded you?

And you then find it surprising that the AFL make you play home games elsewhere with that extremely selfish attitude? LMAO!!!! You do realise that the Geelong Football Club, like all footy clubs in the AFL, cannot survive without the AFL but the AFL can easily survive without it? Or has that concept eluded you?
Yes, my attitude, me, Phat Boy, 37 year old interstate resident who is lucky to attend a game every two years, it’s my attitude that has the greatest impact on the afl’s scheduling

An hour's bus trip is hardly back-to-back interstate trips, which teams have to do from time to time. Play it at Kardinia (or, quite likely, not in Victoria).

I doubt the Swans game will be at Kardinia in the end either, the AFL are probably hoping the Vic govt will allow 30% capacity or something. I don't think that will happen, and if not the game might get moved to Qld or SA.

MCG is called the MCG, not Whiskers Park or whatever name sponsor like Docklands, Kardinia Park used to be called Kardinia Park.
So it's just a ground where cricket is played.

Another comical call by this shitful league.

217799473_2004602089715591_8693856096305771697_n.jpg

Back