Preview Round 19: Essendon vs Greater Western Sydney, Carrara, Sunday 25/07/2021 @ 6:10 PM

Whomst dost thouest thinketh will have a higher score?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’ll be scratch matches. You can be professional as you want, it doesn’t give you match fitness after being out for 4 months. Look how much rowell has struggled coming back after a 10 week knee, shiel has been out even longer.

Rowell is a kid with 10 games. Shiel kisses him on the forehead before he goes to sleep.

Don't compare the two.

Agree but someone has to go out for Shiel. Other possibilities are Cutler and Durham. Cutler’s had his 2 best games in red and black and Durham would be pretty stiff and think he offers versatility. Other one would be Guelfi and he’s been very good when given the opportunity. I’d offer up Smith but they’ll never drop him. Who would you drop?
Smith

...or Smith

Nth board showing their true IQ having a go at stringer, gee they are just a sad miserable bunch, I suppose when your such a irrelevant club you don’t have much else to hang your hat on. Nobody is perfect but to just keep scrapping the bottom with sh*t comments, just so they can feel a little better shows the real class of their supporters and they reckon we are bad, obviously Carey must of taken all the mirrors with him when he was at the Stevens house!
I love string but bloke's an easy af target. I get it.

Could have. Just reported on SEN gone home for family reasons. Their list shrinking by the day ✔
Yeah, still pretty sure he wasn't available either way.

Yeah, still pretty sure he wasn't available either way.
Good to know. I'm glad someone follows what the franchise teams do because they are dead to me. Total waste of time even having them in the afl and boring as batshte. Besides Hawks I actually have no issues with our other rivals even the Pies I look forward to the contest.

But anyway, an exercise in who's available for them:

Phil Davis, Jacob Hopper, Stephen Coniglio, Tanner Bruhn, Lachie Whitfield?, Lachlan Ash, Callan Ward, Ryan Angwin?, Jacob Wehr, Tom Green, Isaac Cumming, Tim Taranto, Sam Taylor, Brent Daniels, Nick Haynes, Matt Buntine?, Jesse Hogan, Jake Riccardi, Harrison Himmelberg, Zachary Sproule, Cameron Fleeton, Jeremy Finlayson, Xavier O'Halloran, Nick Shipley, Harry Perryman, Daniel Lloyd, Connor Idun, Adam Kennedy, Jake Stein, Callum Brown, Sam Reid

Not sure about Whitfield, Angwin (both injuries) or Buntine (was he at the rugby?). So that's between 28 and 31 available for them. At least 4 of them have yet to play so we could see them roll out a debutant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to know. I'm glad someone follows what the franchise teams do because they are dead to me. Total waste of time even having them in the afl and boring as batshte. Besides Hawks I actually have no issues with our other rivals even the Pies I look forward to the contest.

Weird flex mate.

Has drastically increased the value of the broadcast rights, and has improved the youth participation in their regions. Both of which are extremely positive for the AFL long-term.

Phil Davis, Jacob Hopper, Stephen Coniglio, Tanner Bruhn, Lachie Whitfield?, Lachlan Ash, Callan Ward, Ryan Angwin?, Jacob Wehr, Tom Green, Isaac Cumming, Tim Taranto, Sam Taylor, Brent Daniels, Nick Haynes, Matt Buntine?, Jesse Hogan, Jake Riccardi, Harrison Himmelberg, Zachary Sproule, Cameron Fleeton, Jeremy Finlayson, Xavier O'Halloran, Nick Shipley, Harry Perryman, Daniel Lloyd, Connor Idun, Adam Kennedy, Jake Stein, Callum Brown, Sam Reid

Not sure about Whitfield, Angwin (both injuries) or Buntine (was he at the rugby?). So that's between 28 and 31 available for them. At least 4 of them have yet to play so we could see them roll out a debutant.

Whitfield is available post 12 day concussion break, presuming he's actually recovered of course. I'd plan for him to play at this point.

Whitfield is available post 12 day concussion break, presuming he's actually recovered of course. I'd plan for him to play at this point.
I know and agree, I'm just waiting on official confirmation that he's recovered. Angwin was a "test" last week but have no idea if he played in the reserves.

I suspect we'll have a scratch match, mix and matching Brisbane, Gold Coast, Essendon, Sydney and GWS this week somehow too. Or two, with probably us giving players to Gold Coast and some to GWS, given the other two clubs have a relatively clean bill of health.

That's a pretty talented list even with Greene out. If they play as they did in the first Q v Swans and they get Whitfield back we can't afford to play as we have over the last few weeks.

That's a pretty talented list even with Greene out. If they play as they did in the first Q v Swans and they get Whitfield back we can't afford to play as we have over the last few weeks.

A midfield of Hopper, Taranto, Green and Coniglio is pretty capable still, albeit a bit lacking in polish.

Shiel was on the radio earlier and said he’d be putting his hand up to play this week.

You’d think it will just be a reserves game though.
I think it depends on how desperate we are and what the available alternatives look like.

Some came back through the VFL, like Phillips, Zaharakis, Draper, Waterman, and now Francis, while Draper and Reid even played scratch matches.

But on the other hand, Heppell, Stewart, Smith, Snelling, Stringer have come in without going through the VFL, especially lately when it's been scratch matches, and considering the alternatives we have available it's not totally surprising we'd take those guys going at 80% over the alternatives at 100%.

So given where our midfield is at and the calibre of the scratch matches (not sure if they're getting full loads there if its 14 v 14 for example), then I wouldn't say it's a sure thing either way with Shiel. He may have already done full loads in training last week in lieu of scratch matches.

Also do you know which station? RSN?

I think it depends on how desperate we are and what the available alternatives look like.

Some came back through the VFL, like Phillips, Zaharakis, Draper, Waterman, and now Francis, while Draper and Reid even played scratch matches.

But on the other hand, Heppell, Stewart, Smith, Snelling, Stringer have come in without going through the VFL, especially lately when it's been scratch matches, and considering the alternatives we have available it's not totally surprising we'd take those guys going at 80% over the alternatives at 100%.

So given where our midfield is at and the calibre of the scratch matches (not sure if they're getting full loads there if its 14 v 14 for example), then I wouldn't say it's a sure thing either way with Shiel. He may have already done full loads in training last week in lieu of scratch matches.

Also do you know which station? RSN?
Heppell missed 1 game
Smith 3
Snelling 3
Stringer 2
Stewart 6

Draper is pretty much our benchmark for this. He missed 10 games of AFL. Apart from Stewart, anybody who's had a decent stint on the sidelines has come through the VFL. Phillips, Zaka, Waterman and Reid aren't confirmed best 22 either.

Apparently Whitfield suffers migraines(?) and it could take him longer than the 12 days to be fit.

Apparently Whitfield suffers migraines(?) and it could take him longer than the 12 days to be fit.

I've got a recollection of him suffering migraines, but not sure if / how they relate to concussion at all to even guess whether he's likely to play. GWS will lean towards him playing given their season sits on a bit of a precipice and they need to win if they want to play finals.

I've got a recollection of him suffering migraines, but not sure if / how they relate to concussion at all to even guess whether he's likely to play. GWS will lean towards him playing given their season sits on a bit of a precipice and they need to win if they want to play finals.
Makes it very tough for us to make them as well if we lose, with two top 6 teams to come, one we have a horrible record against.

Heppell missed 1 game
Smith 3
Snelling 3
Stringer 2
Stewart 6

Draper is pretty much our benchmark for this. He missed 10 games of AFL. Apart from Stewart, anybody who's had a decent stint on the sidelines has come through the VFL. Phillips, Zaka, Waterman and Reid aren't confirmed best 22 either.
This.
There’s a big difference from 2-4 weeks out and 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back