Preview Round 19: Essendon vs Greater Western Sydney, Carrara, Sunday 25/07/2021 @ 6:10 PM

Whomst dost thouest thinketh will have a higher score?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hird05

All Australian
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Seems you're watching based off some form of emotion, not the quality of the actual game then. GWS v Bulldogs have had some absolutely cracking games the last 5 years. GCS was mismanaged early on, but Rowell will be brilliant to watch if he gets a clear run at it.

If you want to bury your head in the sand, refer to them as franchise teams, and pretend they won't exist, I guess that's your call.
No worries. Happy to stand firm thanks. Yes Rowell will be a star once he's playing for a real team. Bulldogs vs Gws was very entertaining although tainted by one team being a soulless entity made up of all round one draft picks that would have won 5 premierships if those players all came to us and their very existence diluting the talent for the real teams creating a cumulative net loss for the game not to mention my desire for us to play interesting games every week of the season 😂😂😂

We played the lions vfl team, they had a full squad, proper goal and field umpiring used. They had 9-10 blokes play we had Bryan, McBride, Eyre, Brand, bzt, hird, Clarke, Johnson, Cahill, Francis and zaharakis.
Ohhkay. So you have a contact at the club/know someone who went to see this unofficial VFL game?

Coz you're telling us things that no one else seems to know and which aren't publicly available anywhere online that I know of... so I don't know how to tell how accurate it is.

Mar 10, 2007
SAPMA Headquarters
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Queensland Reds, Melbourne Rebels
Ohhkay. So you have a contact at the club/know someone who went to see this unofficial VFL game?

Coz you're telling us things that no one else seems to know and which aren't publicly available anywhere online that I know of... so I don't know how to tell how accurate it is.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

Or I’ve just watched the comben highlights package and you can see all the essendon guys who played in it. North listed who played for them and it’s easy to pick up from the video all the essendon players involved.

Or I’ve just watched the comben highlights package and you can see all the essendon guys who played in it. North listed who played for them and it’s easy to pick up from the video all the essendon players involved.
Right that's what I was asking for. Thanks!

Our players are staying in Noosa right? There are some exposure sights just listed in Noosa from last Thursday. Hopefully none of our players were at those sites at the same time!
Hopefully they weren't in Noosa at the exposure times 😐 I think they might've been in Brisbane the first night, then moved to Noosa? They're under some sort of AFL imposed lockdown type restrictions at the moment as well but I think they were free for a bit before those restrictions came in...

No worries. Happy to stand firm thanks. Yes Rowell will be a star once he's playing for a real team. Bulldogs vs Gws was very entertaining although tainted by one team being a soulless entity made up of all round one draft picks that would have won 5 premierships if those players all came to us and their very existence diluting the talent for the real teams creating a cumulative net loss for the game not to mention my desire for us to play interesting games every week of the season 😂😂😂
A friend is big Suns fan, worked as a physio there for a few years during the Ablett years; has some interesting Dank/Weapon stories...

He thinks there's a big future for the club; says all the young guys have bought into the game plan with no plans to leave; says there's a strong culture and support; says 2MP is a great team man and a good pickup. Says GAJ is the best footballer by far that he has ever seen and was, for that reason, the wrong player to build a team around.

Hopefully they weren't in Noosa at the exposure times 😐 I think they might've been in Brisbane the first night, then moved to Noosa? They're under some sort of AFL imposed lockdown type restrictions at the moment as well but I think they were free for a bit before those restrictions came in...
Think they flew to Gold Coast last Wednesday/Thursday and came up to Noosa Sunday or Monday. So weren’t here in Noosa during those exposure times.

Turns out the club uploaded some highlights with a helpful list of jumper numbers for our players at the start;
914EF55F-C227-456D-BD21-E7BB14D7EE9C.jpeg

Sorry I thought our team were staying in Noosa.
They are 😛

Carrara isn’t that much further than Wooloongabba when you’re starting in Noosa.

I don’t think I’d ever heard of a team being late for a game until last year in hubs it happened to us and then the same thing happened to Richmond last week 🤔 Seems SEQ traffic is worse than Melbourne…

7 news said Shiel will return to playing this week, but likely through a scratch match. Also mentioned that he’d be playing a half forward role.
That’s the second time in a week Tom Browne has reported on a radio interview from earlier the same day. Did he say it was from his “sources” again?

I don’t think I’d ever heard of a team being late for a game until last year in hubs it happened to us and then the same thing happened to Richmond last week 🤔 Seems SEQ traffic is worse than Melbourne…

Have you forgotten that time the club flew to Wangaratta then turned back to Melbourne due to bad weather? Didn’t even make that game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back