When will the Carlton FC Arrive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 of this thread is here:

In all seriousness I wouldn’t say that.
But there has been a thread going round the last couple of years comparing Brisbane’s rebuild to Carltons. That’s been abandoned by even the most optimistic Carlton fans.

They now are competing with Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast and St Kilda in their rebuilds.
Yeah I would
North midfield of Tarryn Thomas, Simpkin, Hall, Cunnington is superior to Walsh, Cripps, Curnow, Murphy

north have better ruck and backline too

Yeah I would
North midfield of Tarryn Thomas, Simpkin, Hall, Cunnington is superior to Walsh, Cripps, Curnow, Murphy

north have better ruck and backline too
As far as the rebuild goes, Hall (who plays half back anyway), Cunnington, Curnow, Murphy and Goldstein are pretty irrelevant

Luckily we don’t butcher our number one picks.

Imagine watching Hugh McCluggage dominate all year and then taking a midget back pocket with the first selection in the draft.
2005 Pick 1 Carlton - Marc Murphy > Scott Pendlebury

2006 pick 1 Carlton - Bryce Gibbs > Travis Boak, Joel Selwood, Jack Riewoldt.

2007 pick 1 Carlton - Matthew Kreuzer > Trent Cotchin, Patrick Dangerfield, Cyril Rioli.

He’s completely cooked, which is why he was only sub, just seems everyone he is sub we get an injury and then he comes on and the opposition gets a run on.

Ridiculous that Carlton supporters keep blaming Murphy for their woes. He is literally a bottom 5 player in the side these days. Cripps yesterday kicked a few goals but as one point I was watching him on LDU. LDU ran off him and got a one two and then 30 seconds later had a running shot at goal from 50 and Cripps was no where to be seen.

Jack Martin is far to inconsistent in form and effort.

Then there are the high profile recruits, but hey it’s probably all Murphy’s fault.

For a side that was playing to keep their finals chances alive, yesterday's performance was absolutely unacceptable.

Blues have way too many passengers and lack accountability and hunger. They are an apathetic side which can be easily overrun.

Just not good enough, and it's time to again reset the entire club.

Playing list, coaching, off field administration, the lot.

Unless this club take a hard look at itself, and makes major changes across the entire organization, the mediocrity of the last 20 years will continue

We can still make finals with 11 wins. Today's setback can still be overcome, let's wait for the response next week before digging in shall we.

You just lost to the bottom team but are about to go on a 4 match winning streak? Ok mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just lost to the bottom team but are about to go on a 4 match winning streak? Ok mate.
Including three sides actually in contention/will make finals.

In all seriousness I wouldn’t say that.
But there has been a thread going round the last couple of years comparing Brisbane’s rebuild to Carltons. That’s been abandoned by even the most optimistic Carlton fans.

They now are competing with Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast and St Kilda in their rebuilds.
That was a cracking thread thread....Carlton fans falling over themselves to back in Bolton and SOS!!

The thing that gets me is that they have the likely Coleman medalist (I know he didn't play), the likely AA full back (gun) and a potential generational midfielder and are still like this.

The drop off after Walsh, McKay, Cripps and Weitering is huge. Those 4 stand way above the rest of the side, they’re far too reliant on them. Their development is poor, how many good players have they got that weren’t picked in the first round or traded in?

I love How Carlton continually defend this utter spud. Makes me happy that they have no idea how bad he is.
No. He's a solid defender. He's been average since his injury but for the most part has done his job well, playing probably the hardest position in the side. He's a victim of the fact that we have no other decent small/mid defenders. Stocker looks likely though and is starting to give him a chop out.

The range of player he's asked to play on is ridiculous. Had to go with Larkey in the fourth yesterday, played on Esava against Geelong, gets the likes of Cameron, AMT, Walters, Papley, Gray. Beats them more often than not.

His best and fairest finishes reflect that. 4th and 3rd in our B&F in the last two season. Not bad for an absolute spud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back