Autopsy Round 19, 2021: Adelaide defeat Hawthorne

Remove this Banner Ad

Frustrating game, but can’t say I’m shattered or anything.
Bit of a nothing game.
Liked Lewis, Moore, bramble, Reeves and thought a Wingard had a genuine crack.
Our forward entries are putrid and you’d to be a key target in our team a lot of the time.
you can see the bones are there for the rebuild, will just take time.

Nah, if we finish 18th we get pick 3 FS and Academy's have stuffed the rebuild chances for bottom sides.
So the only two good players in the country are Daicos and Darcy?

Can't believe we're up for the spoon. Really hard season to watch, we beat Sydney and tied with Melbourne. Then lose to the Crows at Marvel.

Upcoming draft picks aside (who are these people), this was ass.

Look at our mids-

shiels-terrible kick
Mitchell- average kick
Worpel- average kick
Omeara- average kick
Howe- terrible kick
Flip- very average kick
too many butchers

iu

It’s not the title of pick 1 for our player when the bids are matched , but we do damage to Collingwood and Bulldogs picks after ours leading up to our two 2nd rounders.

Our player is still the genuine pick 1 available in reality if indeed we finish bottom.
If we have pick 1 we just nominate Horne I reckon.

We're the worst side in the comp. It's pretty obvious now. Either that or the tank is on with how some of the matchups went most of the night. Crows had won 2 of their past 13 before tonight and they controlled the game with efficiency from the outset. Our forward line has a long way to go to even be close to where it needs to be. Got absolutely torched in the air forward and back it was actually ridiculous. A line should be drawn through a few players now and we should see a few of our newbies for the rest of the year.

we’ve only won two of our last 11. Not like we’re flying

Mitchell “out the back” Lewis had some questionable efforts in tonight’s game. Imagine he was up against a top 8 side defence structure. Yes he kicked 3 but god he has some work to do. Can’t see him being on the list next year. Toughen up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at our mids-

shiels-terrible kick
Mitchell- average kick
Worpel- average kick
Omeara- average kick
Howe- terrible kick
Flip- very average kick

Spot on, you can get by with a couple of average ball users in the midfield, but our whole midfield is terrible by foot.

I'd forgive the crap disposal if they were fast players. They are all slooowwwww......

It is a bother that a former half-back flanker in Laird just dominated the middle whilst our midfielders got nowhere near that. Tbh, it's a continual bother.
Well our midfield sucks, we know that. If looking at it half glass full, Laird's transition maybe gives hope that some of our talented HBFers can move into the middle. Because we absolutely need that. Adelaide had our midfield setup last year: Sloane and the Crouch brothers. Mid-paced, mid-sized accumulators with ordinary disposal like Mitchell, JOM, Worpel, Shiels. Laird has been put in there and is a class above. We need to be doing the same and giving Day, CJ and Scrimshaw opportunities in the middle next season. And moving 1-2 of those other guys on...

Look at our mids-

shiels-terrible kick
Mitchell- average kick
Worpel- average kick
Omeara- average kick
Howe- terrible kick
Flip- very average kick
Phillips is a worse kick than both Shiels and Howe.

Howe makes errors but his technique is much better than Phillips.

However I agree with what you are saying. The reason our midfield is the worst in the comp is simply how poor all the users are in there. Only when Wingard plays in there do we have a good user through there.

Classy/skilful midfielders are vitally important over the next couple of drafts. Has to be the main priority.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Phillips is a worse kick than both Shiels and Howe.

Howe makes errors but his technique is much better than Phillips.

However I agree with what you are saying. The reason our midfield is the worst in the comp is simply how poor all the users are in there. Only when Wingard plays in there do we have a good user through there.

Classy/skilful midfielders are vitally important over the next couple of drafts. Has to be the main priority.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Yeah I gave Flipper too much respect.

*Terrible kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back