Toast How can this Melbourne side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand-Final-Group-Shot.png

A lot of 2004 vibes from the Demons right now
Me: “You can’t say that!”
Inner me: “It’s true. We’re s**t. We’ve always been s**t. We’ll always be s**t.”
Me again: “Why the * am I posting in what was clearly a troll thread from the outset?”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t doubt that Melbourne can win the competition - it only takes 3 good games when it counts.

but the excuses are starting to run a bit thin when a team has won 4 of its last 9.

I guess that’s why you play 22 games it’s not like 9 wins at the start count for any less than 9 wins in the second half of the season but plainly something is a bit off at the moment

Still Demons flag to lose given the blessed run they've had. No other top 4 side has had the continuity or avoided injury like they have. Would be a complete waste of a year if they didn't win given their clean bill of health.

Honestly not sure why people, and especially dogs fans, are looking so much into tonights results?

So they didn't have Keith. But you had Keith in last time and we smacked them for 2 hours and they were lucky it wasn't 70 points.

Factoring in Tim English's goal out of his arse that he'll never kick again, and the horrendous umpiring performance then it was a very close game.

Also throw in the mix that we kicked horrendously for goal.

I'm starting to question whether people look at the game or just the score before commenting.

Dogs don't scare me at all. We've already proven that our best is better than their best with decent umpires. That's already been proven.

Melbourne are no lock to make the top 4 anymore. Pretty big game away to West Coast in a few weeks. If they drop that they will almost certainly have to win in Geelong in round 23 to hold their spot.

I don’t doubt that Melbourne can win the competition - it only takes 3 good games when it counts.

but the excuses are starting to run a bit thin when a team has won 4 of its last 9.

I guess that’s why you play 22 games it’s not like 9 wins at the start count for any less than 9 wins in the second half of the season but plainly something is a bit off at the moment

It's not really excuses other than goal kicking. We're the worst converting team in the comp. which means our defence is good, our midfield is good but the last step in converting is letting us down time and time and time again. It means our system stacks up though. Despite horrific kicking for goal, one of the contenders couldn't really put us away until a few minutes to go. And that's with getting a 4 goal umpire head start to half time.

Melbourne are no lock to make the top 4 anymore. Pretty big game away to West Coast in a few weeks. If they drop that they will almost certainly have to win in Geelong in round 23 to hold their spot.

Nha we won't make top 4. We actually blew that chance a long time ago for anyone who actually analysed the fixture.

It’s not so much the last 9 (or even tonight in isolation) but the past six definitely need to be looked at: 2-3-1 with points dropped against 12th, 16th and 17th on the ladder. The win against Essendon was also crap apart from the result.

Ball movement has become sluggish. Pressure, skills and composure are severely lacking at the moment. Players who were vital in our early season onslaught have dropped right off in Langdon, McDonald, May and Salem. Further, the younger players that were giving us a lot earlier in the season such as Jackson, Jordon, Pickett and Rivers have looked very fatigued recently. Other role players such as Fritsch, Spargo and Neal-Bullen have also become quite inconsistent.

Gawn, Petracca, Oliver and Viney have been ok formwise but even they’ve been off with the selfless team play that was a hallmark of early victories.

Maybe we have already peaked? Time will tell but I also don’t think it takes a hell of a lot for us to get back in form (there were even some glimpses tonight). Even though we’ve been quite crap we’ve still been in positions to win games. If we’re a bit cleaner, more team oriented and take the game on a bit more I think we can finish off the season well.

Honestly not sure why people, and especially dogs fans, are looking so much into tonights results?

So they didn't have Keith. But you had Keith in last time and we smacked them for 2 hours and they were lucky it wasn't 70 points.

Factoring in Tim English's goal out of his arse that he'll never kick again, and the horrendous umpiring performance then it was a very close game.

Also throw in the mix that we kicked horrendously for goal.

I'm starting to question whether people look at the game or just the score before commenting.

Dogs don't scare me at all. We've already proven that our best is better than their best with decent umpires. That's already been proven.
Clearly taking the loss well.

It pains me deeply to say this because it goes against my OP but Melbourne is ngmi. Not sure how the wheels fell off the cart so quickly but perhaps their past culture is rearing its ugly head.

I foreshadow a Geelong vs Syd GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back