Australia's tour of the West Indies 2021 (5 T20Is, 3 ODIs)

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
I'd bring in Swepson, we need bowlers that actually look like they could take a wicket, and the Windies struggled against spin today.

Meredith is just sporadic, he might have the odd good game but it's usually just fast crap. One of the most overrated players. Behrendorff got tapped in the T20 but he bowled well in the World Cup, so I'd bring him in.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
I don't know about that - did well at world cup. Marsh was international standard, but yeah crappiest team I can remember

But his T20I record is absolutely appalling.

Yeah Marsh is past it but definitely not a no3 at any stage.

Most of the time people rubbish the side is based on massive rotation of bowlers, yet this had 2 bowlers as only decent players!!! You just look at the batting and think wtf???

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Finch is going home. It means the only reserve batter we have is dan Christian who hasn't played a one dayer in 4 years. With our team so depleted in Bangladesh hopefully they can give every one a spot in their preferred position, rotate Carey, Wade and Phillipe through the opening slots.

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah Marsh is past it but definitely not a no3 at any stage.

Past it ???? okay might not be a number 3 but averages 33 with the bat and 36 with ball not too bad for ODI

and he has shown in that he can bat in the top 3 in T20 cricket

No way he is past it in the white ball format one of he first picked IMO

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Finch is going home. It means the only reserve batter we have is dan Christian who hasn't played a one dayer in 4 years. With our team so depleted in Bangladesh hopefully they can give every one a spot in their preferred position, rotate Carey, Wade and Phillipe through the opening slots.

Umm any chance of getting labs over for the Bangladesh tour ???...is the tour even going ahead ??

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Umm any chance of getting labs over for the Bangladesh tour ???...is the tour even going ahead ??
Tour got confirmed a few days ago

This article says no one is joining the squad which is a shame, considering labs and Inglis are playing elsewhere, when I'm sure they both want to play for Aus, and we want them to play as well.
I feel like CA haven't tried as hard as they could of to get these guys to play, considering they'd probably only need to do 2 weeks of quarantine in Bangladesh. It seems like being "Too logistically hard" is just an excuse

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Tour got confirmed a few days ago

This article says no one is joining the squad which is a shame, considering labs and Inglis are playing elsewhere, when I'm sure they both want to play for Aus, and we want them to play as well.
I feel like CA haven't tried as hard as they could of to get these guys to play, considering they'd probably only need to do 2 weeks of quarantine in Bangladesh. It seems like being "Too logistically hard" is just an excuse
Somewhat understand doing it for Labs considering he may or may not end up in a bubble all Summer but surely its worth getting Inglis amongst the lads.

Pippen94

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Past it ???? okay might not be a number 3 but averages 33 with the bat and 36 with ball not too bad for ODI

and he has shown in that he can bat in the top 3 in T20 cricket

No way he is past it in the white ball format one of he first picked IMO

I wouldn't say past it at all but for the past few years his record is poor;

Pippen94

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeh be ok if we had Jhye Richo, Labs/Smith, Green, Inglis and others here for game 3. Marsh has problems maintaining good form. Meredith has pace nothing else. Wes Agar is worth persevering with. McDermott and Philippe are inconsistent but naturally talented.. say the same about Maxwell and Maddinson and a dozen others. Seems natural talent goes hand in hand with inconsistency.

Made all his runs on this tour from #3. But agree when Smith returns or even Labs comes in, he drops down the order. Has the power to finish.

I'd give him and both the lookers on.. Sangha and Ellis a crack. Unlike Zampa, Sweppo and the teen leggie give the cherry a decent tweak.
Yeh be ok if we had Jhye Richo, Labs/Smith, Green, Inglis and others here for game 3. Marsh has problems maintaining good form. Meredith has pace nothing else. Wes Agar is worth persevering with. McDermott and Philippe are inconsistent but naturally talented.. say the same about Maxwell and Maddinson and a dozen others. Seems natural talent goes hand in hand with inconsistency.

Made all his runs on this tour from #3. But agree when Smith returns or even Labs comes in, he drops down the order. Has the power to finish.

I'd give him and both the lookers on.. Sangha and Ellis a crack. Unlike Zampa, Sweppo and the teen leggie give the cherry a decent tweak.

This reminds of Brad Hogg's career, where he was such a consistent performer, but ppl wanted him replaced by Cameron White & others

Blue Arrow

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
You think they give a sh*t about this series?

Good point. I just woke up to see Christian got a call up & Henriques is still in.
A joke of a batting team.

1 Moises Henriques, 2 Josh Philippe, 3 Mitchell Marsh, 4 Alex Carey (capt & wk), 5 Matthew Wade, 6 Ashton Turner, 7 Dan Christian, 8 Ashton Agar, 9 Mitchell Starc, 10 Adam Zampa, 11 Josh Hazlewood

Last edited:
Back