List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

True but I reckon Cerra brings something different to those guys

I’m thinking more the Hogan trade where Melbourne end up with the picks and Freo and Carl/Rich gets the players.

Personally feel if we have Jackson instead of Cerra we have a better balanced list with out sending our development backwards. Melbourne couldn’t afford 750k a year if we threw Cerras money straight at Jackson.

If we lose Cerra I would throw Chapman or Young into the guts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can go back to the start of this year and show you posts (outside Joao) that liked what Crowden could bring and he wasn’t called The Spleenrupturer because Freo supporters didn’t like him. He showed plenty as a pressure forward with a strong, long kick.

Giro played like 10 games as a skinny 18 yo rookiein his first year and I can again show you posts where people excited about what he could bring. He then did an ACL so was going to miss the whole next year. You can’t give him a 1 year contract extension given no one dominates straight off an ACL so he stays on the rookie list for an extra year, that’s perfectly fine.

The contracts for both were perfectly fine
I have no issue with Crowden and he has been serviceable and can kick the ball well both feet. He has improved since his first season.

Giro was a rookie pick. His contract extension was prior to ACL but I wouldn’t have signed for anymore than 1 year on the rookie list. How he managed another 2 years being the most one-sided player I have seen in more recent times. Like I have posted previously WAFL players have him worked out. In the WAFL he runs around getting himself into trouble so he can kick on his left. He also kicks checkside rather than try with his right. In my years of playing A and B Amateurs I saw heaps of team mates develop their non-preferred better than Giro.

A two year contract for Giro was a bad list management decision. He is good for the time trials though.

I have no issue with Crowden and he has been serviceable and can kick the ball well both feet. He has improved since his first season.

Giro was a rookie pick. His contract extension was prior to ACL but I wouldn’t have signed for anymore than 1 year on the rookie list. How he managed another 2 years being the most one-sided player I have seen in more recent times. Like I have posted previously WAFL players have him worked out. In the WAFL he runs around getting himself into trouble so he can kick on his left. He also kicks checkside rather than try with his right. In my years of playing A and B Amateurs I saw heaps of team mates develop their non-preferred better than Giro.

A two year contract for Giro was a bad list management decision. He is good for the time trials though.
Ok, maybe but the club would have been pretty high on him given his start, still, it’s the rookie list for an extra year, it’s a non issue

Ok, maybe but the club would have been pretty high on him given his start, still, it’s the rookie list for an extra year, it’s a non issue
Isn’t he on the primary list? I thought our rookies were as follows:
- Hughes, Bewley, Schultz, Watson, Banfield cat-a
- Thomas cat-b

Definitely on the Primary list:

“Giro will complete his pre-existing rookie contract for the 2019 season and will be elevated to the senior list for the 2020 and 2021 seasons as a part of his new deal.”

Last edited:
Isn’t he on the primary list? I thought our rookies were as follows:
- Hughes, Bewley, Schultz, Watson, Banfield cat-a
- Thomas cat-b

Definitely on the Primary list:

“Giro will complete his pre-existing rookie contract for the 2019 season and will be elevated to the senior list for the 2020 and 2021 seasons as a part of his new deal.”
This is why I shouldn’t voice my opinion on things. I’ll say it’s a mildly poor list decision but not as bad as old mate was saying

What would be everybody’s thoughts be if we lost Cerra and picked up Jackson with the picks?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Assuming Lobb is staying I would keep the picks. Happy to find a KPF/ruck prospect late in the draft or next year, or Williams or Andrews can float through there if we picked either up as KPF/rucks if we decided to use a first roundpick.

Last edited:
This is why I shouldn’t voice my opinion on things. I’ll say it’s a mildly poor list decision but not as bad as old mate was saying
Unheard of for a bigfooty poster to exaggerate.

Giro played 10 games in his rookie year. Won all the time trials and is quite quick. But he has always been one-sided. Not a big issue but a strange contract decision for mine and I felt the same at the time.

Hughes has been toiling away for years on the rookie list.

They are doing the same thing with Schultz at the moment, which if it comes off is good list management.

Schultz may have some suitors (apparently Hawks) putting some pressure on this strategy.

If Giro only a one year rookie contract extension he prob wouldn’t be on the list right now.

What happened to SPS? He was highly rated even in discussions for the number 1 pick. Since he’s been in the AFL he’s been a nothing player.

Has he been poorly managed and a change in club & coaching would turn him around? Or is he just an ordinary player?
He got Carltonned !
Good luck Adam if you decide to go to Carlton, what a shambles .

Not bad for a bloke (who during the game) people were saying had put the cue in the rack.

Cerra delivered an impressive 30 disposal and two-goal performance, while also finishing with eight score involvements, six inside 50s and a game-high 586 metres gained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He put his body on the line quite a bit late too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back