Autopsy Freo Give Up and Go Down by 40

Remove this Banner Ad

8 goals on the trot against is unforgivable. You don't need superior skills to chase pressure and tackle . 2 tackles in the forward half is abysmal. We had the forward half stacked with smalls to keep the ball in attack. None of the smalls seemed capable of pressure.

Richmond just got spanked by Geelong. Are they no good too?
The Eagles were obliterated by Sydney. They’re better than us.
I’m not saying it was good but it was understandable in the circumstances.
We’ve had a couple of shockers this year, particularly against the Eagles but this wasn’t one of them in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I saw a team where the structure fell apart due to injuries to our 2 main playmakers. Walters had been the main general between defense & attack & our ball movement fell apart. The players lost confidence after some stupid errors but I didn’t see a lack of effort.

We either didn't want to or couldn't go with them on the chip up leads. Either no effort or no energy. I don't know which. Brayshaw looked stuffed.

Richmond just got spanked by Geelong. Are they no good too?
The Eagles were obliterated by Sydney. They’re better than us.
I’m not saying it was good but it was understandable in the circumstances.
We’ve had a couple of shockers this year, particularly against the Eagles but this wasn’t one of them in my opinion.

Can't agree, I thought the application wasn't there.
Players giving up on the chase was really noticeable.
Apart from Buddy Sydney are not a big side but they just walked through our tackles.
I thought it was our worst performance of the year and on Mundys 350 th particularly disappointing.

Cerra was good, so too Fyfe while he was there.
Brayshaw, Wilson, Pearce and Serong ok.
Young and Walker good considering their inexperience.
Meek ok (again, considering his inexperience).

still racked up 34?
Which would be great if the game was played on paper.
I said he tried to push through, but he was too tired to be of any use. If we played more midfielders we may have had more run and dynamism through the game, instead of wasting another game making a player run through a wall.

Which would be great if the game was played on paper.
I said he tried to push through, but he was too tired to be of any use. If we played more midfielders we may have had more run and dynamism through the game, instead of wasting another game making a player run through a wall.

Which other mids do you think should've played?

Last edited:
What's the point of supporting a sports team if you don't watch their games? May as well not bother.

you know what, im close to that. Foundation member, been through everything but i'm just about out of tickets now. i've given up too much of my time and money to watch the same errors being made over and over and over again.

I watch everything the club do, but the last 2 weeks i've chosen not (turned off the geelong game at qtr time) to due to the cringeworthy nature of what we do. much more satisfying weekends when i'm not yelling the same things at the TV that i have been for 25 years.

youd think at least after losing a GF for nothing else but pathetic kicking, the club would be hell bent on improving at least that. but no, we've actually gone backwards in that area!

you know what, im close to that. Foundation member, been through everything but i'm just about out of tickets now. i've given up too much of my time and money to watch the same errors being made over and over and over again.

I watch everything the club do, but the last 2 weeks i've chosen not (turned off the geelong game at qtr time) to due to the cringeworthy nature of what we do. much more satisfying weekends when i'm not yelling the same things at the TV that i have been for 25 years.

youd think at least after losing a GF for nothing else but pathetic kicking, the club would be hell bent on improving at least that. but no, we've actually gone backwards in that area!

Who would of thought that the club's approach of sticking their head in the sand wouldn't help fix our kicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This seems to be one of those games where everyone predicted we'd get smashed, then we probably play better than expected, yet post-game people act like we underperformed.

It's weird, pre-game everyone can acknowledge when the opposition is better than us, yet post-game they get no credit and it's all about how we're lazy and didn't try hard enough.

This seems to be one of those games where everyone predicted we'd get smashed, then we exceed the pre-game expectations, yet post-game people act like we underperformed.

It's weird, pre-game everyone can acknowledge when the opposition is better than us, yet post-game they get no credit and it's all about how we're lazy and didn't try hard enough.
I’m definitely more positive on here (for our current state) outside about 5 other posters (yourself included). It’s not about being lazy, it’s the lack of competitiveness for 2 quarters that was the worst part

This seems to be one of those games where everyone predicted we'd get smashed, then we probably play better than expected, yet post-game people act like we underperformed.

When we constantly lose in the same manner because of the same problems, people are going to get frustrated.

I thought it was a fifty-fifty game.

I thought even we would lay more than 2 tackles in our forward 50. 2 tackles! The whole game. Not better than I expected.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m definitely more positive on here (for our current state) outside about 5 other posters (yourself included). It’s not about being lazy, it’s the lack of competitiveness for 2 quarters that was the worst part

We lost our structure. Yes it took too long to rejig after Fyfe & Walters went off & that’s when we lost the game.
For some reason Cerra was playing in the back half & Fyfe was our primary ball winner (teams are now locking Mundy down). Walters was being general between back & forwards & it was working beautifully. It fell apart when they got injured.
We had basically no forwards other than Darcy on one leg. Banfield, Shultz & Henry were mostly useless against a well organized Swans defense. Tabs couldn’t get into it.
Lobb, Treacy up forward, Fyfe & Walters playing full games & we win that.

We lost our structure. Yes it took too long to rejig after Fyfe & Walters went off & that’s when we lost the game.
For some reason Cerra was playing in the back half & Fyfe was our primary ball winner (teams are now locking Mundy down). Walters was being general between back & forwards & it was working beautifully. It fell apart when they got injured.
We had basically no forwards other than Darcy on one leg. Banfield, Shultz & Henry were mostly useless against a well organized Swans defense. Tabs couldn’t get into it.
Lobb, Treacy up forward, Fyfe & Walters playing full games & we win that.

It shouldn't completely fall apart because a couple of players get injured no matter who they are. Fyfe shouldn't have played at all. A bizarre decision. I only saw the last quarter and a half but large parts of it were woeful. How easy were Sydney moving the ball.

A couple of things Henry did suggest he could be a very handy winger.

I didn't hear anything from Jlo's presser that gave me any confidence moving forward, but then again the questions asked were mostly trash.

For the most part we've got a good lost, but we are missing 5-6 bigger bodies - tough and tall blanketed. We've really got to get the balance right in the next two years or we're going to continually end each season like the limp noodle we've been since 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back