Autopsy Roast & Toast R19 vs Geelong & Changes for R20 vs Fremantle

Best vs Geelong

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker and Rioli for me. Everyone else not enough want or desperation. Be interesting to see what the next 4 games brings… i hope it fuggin stirs something in them. Too many s**t games this year :(

I’m with you on those, we have a fair bit of deadwood, injuries are showing our lack of depth
Is also showing how much of a waste of a spot is Egg
They reduce the list by two and we gift a backup,backup,backup emergency HB a spot.

Just a reminder - we have 6 picks in the first 45. Inc 2 first round and the saints first 2nd round. Even when we lose, we still win.
You really are at peace aren't you?

I am too, to an extent, I just expect more from many more from games like today

Sure the future looks great, but a lot of current players letting themselves down atm

So many unforced skill errors…. shocking kicks, handballs, decisions, dropped marks… it’s basic stuff that there isn’t excuses for

I felt Rioli, Stack & Mansell all show great promise down back.
But then, add Short, Vlastuin, Broad, Baker along with Grimes, Astbury, Balta/Garthwaite.
Also Edwards has played quite well there, it's Eggs only position, we tried out Ross there. K-Mac, Pickett and Naish can all fill in there.
We can't have the whole team play HBF.

Someone needs to learn how to play forward effectively.
We used to have Rioli, Castagna, Butler & Stengle as a plethora there.
Now we have basically Castagna & Aarts and neither show much.
MRJ shows some promise but needs some time. Ralphsmith? Cumberland? How would Cotchin go as a deep forward ?

i reckon the season will get called off. there has to be a reason that loungelizard made the thread. maybe there'll be some catastrophic event like nuclear world war or cyberattack taking down half the worlds power/internet etc and season has to get called off. then when they get back into it in a few years after the war is done we will win the flag easy so technically still a 3peat

Ah well let's face it we've been decimated this year. Lock n load for '22. Flogs like danger can celebrate all they want but 2020 says it all. Especially the penultimate minute of that season. The field looks pretty weak without the mighty tiges up there this year but hopefully the dogs or dees (hate to say it) win it so the Geelong don't Bradbury it.

You really are at peace aren't you?

I am too, to an extent, I just expect more from many more from games like today

Sure the future looks great, but a lot of current players letting themselves down atm

So many unforced skill errors…. shocking kicks, handballs, decisions, dropped marks… it’s basic stuff that there isn’t excuses for
Cats are Flag favs , 90% full strength , we had 7 multi premiership players out , the result wasn’t unexpected , we could have made more of the contest without winning it. Going forward We can still give more of our youngsters a go without conceding a winning chance , that’s what I wanna see

Thought it might have been a tad closer but it's about what I expected. From what I saw I thought we started well but when you're up against a leading premiership fancy you really need your best. We are neither playing anywhere near our best nor do we have the personnel available.

I don't want to sound like a defeatist because we'd all love a miracle but I just don't see it happening this year and we need a full refresh. Too many signs this year since round one that are still around that tell me we don't have the game plan anymore and teams know how to play us. We've been slaughtered up the guts and really vulnerable to teams going end to end. Teams don't panic under our pressure anymore. Their players with the ball seem to be instructed not to panic and to hold it until they draw in two or three of our guys as we over commit and then they release to a spare and are gone. Most teams are making sure they only short pass through their 60-80m from goal to take our sweeping defenders out on the game. They're all playing high short kick and mark games so we have no chance to pressure at all. There are more but there's a few obvious signs that what has mostly worked for the last four years won't stand up anymore.
Our small forwards pressure is nearly non existent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping we see a number of today’s side in the
VFL next week. We need to be shuffling our list to see who can make it and go to the draft with as strong a hand as possible. Finals are possible but unlikely to get past the first final

we either rest our sore senior players and play the kids in the firsts for the experience

or do as you say, cram the VFL with decent players to give the finals a crack at VFL level

All the good and the bad versus the Cats.
I love Geelong match weeks.
i am more than happy to be Thor tonight. I have my ban hammer ready.
trolls giving bogus votes will be dealt with harshly.
Tom Lynch ?

i reckon the season will get called off. there has to be a reason that loungelizard made the thread. maybe there'll be some catastrophic event like nuclear world war or cyberattack taking down half the worlds power/internet etc and season has to get called off. then when they get back into it in a few years after the war is done we will win the flag easy so technically still a 3peat
Is that you John Connor?? 😄

Cats are Flag favs , 90% full strength , we had 7 multi premiership players out , the result wasn’t unexpected , we could have made more of the contest without winning it. Going forward We can still give more of our youngsters a go without conceding a winning chance , that’s what I wanna see
Yep I agree… just expected to hit a target over 15 metres, or hold a chest mark occasionally, or lower our eyes perhaps just once today

The result was expected but not the performance of a lot of individual skills and decision making wasn’t… it was deplorable

No he is not good enough. Yes he tackles but his skills are very poor. We have to have skilled players.

yeah but we don’t have them. We spent years on drafts getting players to play our way and the AFL changes the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back