List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would we swap Cerra to Hawthorn/ North for their first and a second with our first going to them too?

Cerra and Pick say 6 to North for pick one and their second?

*ducks and runs away*
While I’m massive Horne fan and I’d think about it, I’d be happy enough with Erasmus not to chuck an extra top 10 down the toilet to turn him into Horne

Are there any free agents we can get?

Tom Lynch from crows would be handy for a year. Sam Day would be ok, if Lobb is traded out.
Billings is obviously a good player.
Boyd Woodcock is handy as a forward option.

Anyone else.
If Cerra left, I would pay billing 800k.
800 for Billings?! You're mad.

On AOSP on Manta using BigFooty.com mobile app

Draft draft draft.

I've said for years it's not going to happen with Fyfe and Walters and I'll stand by it. If we tried to top up now we'd end up like the Saints or Carlton. Our 25-30 group just isn't good enough. We need to wait until Andy and co are the 25-30 group.

Patience, if you want a flag we have to do it right.

While I’m massive Horne fan and I’d think about it, I’d be happy enough with Erasmus not to chuck an extra top 10 down the toilet to turn him into Horne

yeah it’s interesting.
we need more picks but if Horne was available he looks most likely have an early career start.

I think I’d rather trade Lobb for two pick below 25 tbh

You are joking right??
Best key forward we have. Gets double teamed every week.
he is almost freos most important player
Your statement highlights our plight. Tabs at this stage is b22 but by golly, you need a super forward line to overcome his failings.

On AOSP on Manta using BigFooty.com mobile app

Look mate i agree with ya.

If we go down that road it's going to get worse before it turns around. If Lobb, Cerra or whoever go and are replaced with 18 year olds..we will be bottom 4 next year.

Do we go down this road? Well maybe we have to cause i feel like some of our picks the last 5 to 6 years have been terrible. In a whole the rebuild has been not awful, but not that flash.

We have to ask ourselves..can we endure another 3 years out of finals? Or do we go shopping?

I can see where you're coming from but there's a difference between forced trading away Cerra and Lobb and getting rid of Tabs as was suggested. We need to hang on to the few mature bodies who at least semi-regularly contribute. Tabs is our best goalkicker by far and takes pressure off Treacy.

I don't think our outlook is as negative as some think, even in light of recent performances. I reckon our recent drafting has been quite good but one disastrous trading period has been a pretty big lead weight around the rebuild (put King or Rozee into the current side and we probably have a few extra wins). Regardless, if we really nail this draft and inject some talent into the forwardline we have most regions of the field covered nicely for the forseeable future. Unfortunately a lot of that is contingent on retaining Cerra at least in the short term. If he goes we're left needing to fill a big hole in the midfield as well as restructure our forwardline. That would set us back a fair way and as you say, we'd probably have to endure a mini-rebuild.

Controversial call, but I think the club should request a priority pick - no finals since 2015 and I don't think we will win another game this year....we could certainly use an end of 1st round pick! Doubt we will make such a request and doubt the VFL would give us the pick even if we asked....

Draft draft draft.

I've said for years it's not going to happen with Fyfe and Walters and I'll stand by it. If we tried to top up now we'd end up like the Saints or Carlton. Our 25-30 group just isn't good enough. We need to wait until Andy and co are the 25-30 group.

Patience, if you want a flag we have to do it right.
Could we trade out players, but hit free agency hard.

Cerra out for two picks, billings in on same cash.
Lobb out for picks, Sam Day in

Are Pearce, Taberner, Walters, Fyfe gonna be in our next tilt?

Honest question as others say Lobb isnt who's around the same age. May as well trade these other big names above then and cash in on the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Controversial call, but I think the club should request a priority pick - no finals since 2015 and I don't think we will win another game this year....we could certainly use an end of 1st round pick! Doubt we will make such a request and doubt the VFL would give us the pick even if we asked....
No WA, SA, or Vic team should ever get a priority pick. You shouldn't get help for not getting your s**t together.

No WA, SA, or Vic team should ever get a priority pick. You shouldn't get help for not getting your sh*t together.

No team should. End of. The priority pick is a massive piss take.

If we could take Cerra, Lobb and our first two picks and turn them into Bolton, Jackson, a late first rounder and some sh**e later picks to match a Motlop bid would you do it?

I’d almost throw our future second or someone like Young in as well to get it done tbh.

I really fear the impact of losing two of our top ten most important players will have on the prospects of keeping the rest of our highly rated Victorian youngsters tbh. Getting Bolton and Jackson would at least keep the rebuild on track. Losing Cerra and Lobb would mean starting again.
I would do that but I’d throw in Tucker before Young.
We need to trade Taberner as well. He is the dumbest player I have ever seen. Taberner Out!
Ha ha
I commented how dumb he is to my mate today during the game .
Horrible thing to say because he is probably a decent fella but JFC he is testing!
I wouldn’t trade him though , he gets by and generally does his job reasonably well (somehow).

Are Pearce, Taberner, Walters, Fyfe gonna be in our next tilt?

Honest question as others say Lobb isnt who's around the same age. May as well trade these other big names above then and cash in on the draft.

I think so things can change fast. Look at Melbourne swans this year?

we are half a game out of top 8 with having no where near our best team on the park all year. The wheel can turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back