Discussion Tokyo 2020 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

Womens road bike race was amazing. Austrian girl led from start to finish. Incredible outcome for a road race.

The peleton caught up with breakaway group and then had a sprint to the finish. Dutch girl crossed the finish line and was celebrating her win only to realise later on that there was another rider in front that had finished two minutes earlier,.

Pandemonium!!!

Womens road bike race was amazing. Austrian girl led from start to finish. Incredible outcome for a road race.

The peleton caught up with breakaway group and then had a sprint to the finish. Dutch girl crossed the finish line and was celebrating her win only to realise later on that there was another rider in front that had finished two minutes earlier,.

Pandemonium!!!
I did a charity run with some family members once, couldn't see any of them, thought I was minutes ahead of them. I got to the finish line and realised I was last by a good 10 minutes.

I did a charity run with some family members once, couldn't see any of them, thought I was minutes ahead of them. I got to the finish line and realised I was last by a good 10 minutes.

I got booted off the school athletics team because me and my mate decided we could cut through the gardens and join up the back of the pack running the Tan. We timed it badly and set the school record and we were getting way too much good attention from the coach before some turd dobbed us in. It was my greatest sporting achievement and I was robbed of glory.

Another great session in the pool, that was a great swim by McKeown in a hot final.

I honestly had never heard of her but in the relay her swim was massive she gave a really strong performance that helped the rest set the record time. She was way out in front of the WR line for a lot of her leg after starting close to it.

I honestly had never heard of her but in the relay her swim was massive she gave a really strong performance that helped the rest set the record time. She was way out in front of the WR line for a lot of her leg after starting close to it.
She’s in great form but it was McKeon in the 4 x100 the names are close enough to be confusing. McKeon has a really big program, could be an individual medal record haul if things go well for her. Pretty much on track for my six gold predication but you never know it could be 3 or 8 you can’t bank anything where a second can seperate the whole field.

A few of our swimmers have underperformed badly, we moved our trials up to match the US and some look like their tapers are off. Some were in heavy training during the trails others came of short tapers others stuck to a normal routine. This is the same for everyone of course but it’s made form lines very difficult to read and of course a few step up and come from the clouds to win which is great to watch.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woo hoo - congrats to Owen Wright in winning the bronze in the mens surfing. Knocked out current world champ Gabe Medina from Brazil by 0.2 of a point.

Poor form I know but I've never cheered so much for waves to land on some poor sucker stuck inside.

Great to see how much a medal meant for Wright.

Woo hoo - congrats to Owen Wright in winning the bronze in the mens surfing. Knocked out current world champ Gabe Medina from Brazil by 0.2 of a point.

Poor form I know but I've never cheered so much for waves to land on some poor sucker stuck inside.

Great to see how much a medal meant for Wright.

I had it on the background during work. NGL, as had no interest in it, but I could swear there was a Brazillian opponent who decided to try supermanning it a few times in "whoops, flippy spun a bit too high" that just made me cackle. It was at least good viewing whilst dealing with inane customers.

Massive congrats to Flora Duffy winning gold in the women's triathlon. Greatest Bermuda athlete....well behind the great Dwayne Leverock anyways

She’s in great form but it was McKeon in the 4 x100 the names are close enough to be confusing. McKeon has a really big program, could be an individual medal record haul if things go well for her. Pretty much on track for my six gold predication but you never know it could be 3 or 8 you can’t bank anything where a second can seperate the whole field.

A few of our swimmers have underperformed badly, we moved our trials up to match the US and some look like their tapers are off. Some were in heavy training during the trails others came of short tapers others stuck to a normal routine. This is the same for everyone of course but it’s made form lines very difficult to read and of course a few step up and come from the clouds to win which is great to watch.

Yeah could have been I think.

The interview finishes with “ best of luck mate we’ll done tonight thanks Sam”.

She didn’t want to be there and appeared frustrated by the result and I think he was flustered by her attitude.
Yeah, annoyed at the result immediately post game. That's all I took it for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back