List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Academy picks haven’t made that much of a difference sure they help but aren’t everything they are made out to be
Otherwise Gold Coast, GWS and Sydney would play in the grand final every single year
It’s a lazy excuse for teams that have just recruited and developed poorly
I kind of half agree with you. I believe the the one issue of being able to fill a team with high level Academy players is that you end up with a team of players who all believe they are gods gift to the world and the thought that they have to work hard is such a foreign concept that when it is explained to them all the players hear is Swahili.

For our next Flag side post the stars, we really need to be Drafting our spine. I really believe that if you have a star level spine you can fill in the other areas of the ground with B level players and role players. Think about 2017 and our spine was Rance, Grimes, Cotch, Prestia, Martin and Jack. And here is a hot take, I think that our 2017 flag side would beat our 19 and 20 flag sides comfortably

Definitely one of your worst suggestions mate
I don’t even know how you think the club comes out in a better position after it
That’s a pretty bold statement .
You obviously haven’t seen many of Magics posts .

Last edited:
Academy players a good if they are top 20 quality but they are no better than other top 20 kids
If we can trade our last 3 picks 29/42/47 to Doggies (1400 points) for their 1st round pick which will be around (1000) points
we will have 3 picks inside 20 and another inside 25

4 picks inside 25 is a bloody good start

The issue is they can get two good players essentially for one pick.

McDonald then academy campbell. More academy players in the 30s errol

Gws aish then green.

Richmond have a good draft hand but it's a one off. Still be tough to copy swans

For starters we are stronger in the middle with Oliver, gives more opportunity to Graham, Bolton and others like Edwards and co, Dusty can play more forward, CCJ has more opportunity with JR. RCD and others like Ross get a better run at it. Cotch's load gets reduced to

I think it makes sense to be honest and we can ramp up opportunities for our next flag threats.

If you can't kick it to JR, CCJ and Dusty as well as Bolton, you can't kick!!

Four years ago we were kicking it to JR and Townsend!!

Helps Dusty play for RFC at 40 to if he's good enough up forward because he is resting more forward with a Oliver chop out

I was listening to David King talk about Dimma avoiding a Clarko scenario on First Crack and moving to another club like European sides getting into windows. He is talking right now, "can we have a philosophical discussion"

Well RFC could easily slip into another window by moving a few players around and shifting the timing on things and Melbourne will be desperate next year if they miss out this year.

I have no problem helping Melbourne win a premiership in 2022 if its helps RFC win a few premierships after that
Forget about what King thinks. Alex Ferguson spent 23 years at Man Utd and won 13 Premierships plus countless other titles. If Dimma has the drive to rebuild like Fergie did (4 rebuilds), then so will the team have the drive.

The issue is they can get two good players essentially for one pick.

McDonald then academy campbell. More academy players in the 30s errol

Gws aish then green.

Richmond have a good draft hand but it's a one off. Still be tough to copy swans
The thing is the other clubs have the chance to bid and make them pay fair value
clubs dont bid as they they value other players around that range

Benefit is they can use later pick points to pay for them and trade out picks that are in danger of getting swallowed up

The players you mentioned went around their value and we could get 5 top 25 players this year and that would be more exciting that getting a player like Cerra for overs.

Lets follow the dream

Academy players a good if they are top 20 quality but they are no better than other top 20 kids
If we can trade our last 3 picks 29/42/47 to Doggies (1400 points) for their 1st round pick which will be around (1000) points
we will have 3 picks inside 20 and another inside 25

4 picks inside 25 is a bloody good start
This is terrible business. In negotiation there's always a position of power favouring one side no matter how slight. The only certainty is that the Bulldogs will end up with enough points because there is no way on earth they won't have enough points to draft Darcy as the members would burn the grandstand down. Therefore why would we become the sucker giving up picks that add up to 1400 points to receive a pick that is worth 1000 points. They need to gain picks (points) more than we need another late 1st rounder who we need to wait 4 years to find out if he's Corey Ellis or Nick Vlastuin. Now what the Bulldogs have of far greater value is frustrated blokes killing it in the reserves desperate for senior games. It's far more beneficial to take any or all of Lipinski, Ed Richards, Rhylee West and give them points in what's looking like a shallow draft. We also weaken their depth whilst strengthening our team. Also we gain players who have been taught skills and their fast hands training IP can be learnt. By the way I hear you need a big block of land to build a big house for your family so you can put a pool in yard. I will gladly swap you this beautiful 1400s/m block in Melton for your 1000s/m block in Brighton. Great trade don't you think????????

I reckon their preference would be to keep Green over Hopper and Taranto.
Green is only in his 2nd year after signing an extension last year so isn’t on the same sort of coin as Taranto (Hopper in negotiations).

Also Green is already producing match winning performances I can think of 3 off the top of my head. Has more upside than Taranto or Hopper ( who are both very good mids).

The only thing that might possibly make them trade him is if he told GWS he wanted out and demanded a trade to us. Haven’t heard/ read anything to suggest that ( a loose connection from Carro).

I agree with you in many ways. But someone has to pay the salaries. The problem for GWS is that they have put themselves into the position of having too may highly paid mature players on long term contracts. To trade them you have to accept unders if someone is willing to pay the $. As salary caps are tight they are unlikely to find takers. So they end up needing to trade someone to get cheap kids in. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

Probably not as bad as the pies who had to offload good players for half eaten chips. But GWS is in a similar spot, a lot of $ long term on a smaller number of players. Looking forward they have to free up $. So I just hope we can get Green. But who knows. There are a lot of moving pieces to the Giants salary cap.

I agree with you in many ways. But someone has to pay the salaries. The problem for GWS is that they have put themselves into the position of having too may highly paid mature players on long term contracts. To trade them you have to accept unders if someone is willing to pay the $. As salary caps are tight they are unlikely to find takers. So they end up needing to trade someone to get cheap kids in. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

Probably not as bad as the pies who had to offload good players for half eaten chips. But GWS is in a similar spot, a lot of $ long term on a smaller number of players. Looking forward they have to free up $. So I just hope we can get Green. But who knows. There are a lot of moving pieces to the Giants salary cap.
Kelly and conig on million dollar deals is lunacy , they’ve salary dumped before , good strategy for us to be in slips waiting for a couple to get thru , hopper is off contract , in many ways he suits us better than cerra who is more outside , we need classy finishers too but primarily inside bulls first as our first use is <average

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a wild trade scenario.

We trade Caddy, Prestia and Lynch to Melbourne for Melbourne's first round picks in 2021 and 2022 plus extras and we help pay their salaries.

Who would we want back in return to help salaries player wise??

Presita used to go for Melbourne and some say Melbourne lack in the forward line.

I would do that for Oliver to come to Tigerland
Mm you’re better than that , don’t waste megabytes on primary school hypothesis

This is terrible business. In negotiation there's always a position of power favouring one side no matter how slight. The only certainty is that the Bulldogs will end up with enough points because there is no way on earth they won't have enough points to draft Darcy as the members would burn the grandstand down. Therefore why would we become the sucker giving up picks that add up to 1400 points to receive a pick that is worth 1000 points. They need to gain picks (points) more than we need another late 1st rounder who we need to wait 4 years to find out if he's Corey Ellis or Nick Vlastuin. Now what the Bulldogs have of far greater value is frustrated blokes killing it in the reserves desperate for senior games. It's far more beneficial to take any or all of Lipinski, Ed Richards, Rhylee West and give them points in what's looking like a shallow draft. We also weaken their depth whilst strengthening our team. Also we gain players who have been taught skills and their fast hands training IP can be learnt. By the way I hear you need a big block of land to build a big house for your family so you can put a pool in yard. I will gladly swap you this beautiful 1400s/m block in Melton for your 1000s/m block in Brighton. Great trade don't you think????????
You clearly dont know or realise that points in later picks dont equate pick position in the 1st round

You would have to give away extra to attract the trade and there will be enough clubs like Geelong with their 4 x 2nd rounders trying to get up the pick order

1 x pick 18 is worth more than 3 x pick 50+
maybe have a look at similar trades and get an idea about what it takes to move up

Just wanted to post stats for a player that has been smashed around these parts and given very little chance to make it and has been tossed out with the rubbish in some trade talk.

Jack Ross

13 kicks
12 handballs
9 marks
2 tackles
540 mtrs Gained
79% Game time
64% De

Kid had a reasonable game

Just wanted to post stats for a player that has been smashed around these parts and given very little chance to make it and has been tossed out with the rubbish in some trade talk.

Jack Ross

13 kicks
12 handballs
9 marks
2 tackles
540 mtrs Gained
79% Game time
64% De

Kid had a reasonable game

What about Sydney Stack outbodying a opponent in the goalsquare backline to take a mark.

Has it been over ten years since a small defender did that for us?? BOG just for that effort!!!

What about Sydney Stack outbodying a opponent in the goalsquare backline to take a mark.

Has it been over ten years since a small defender did that for us?? BOG just for that effort!!!
He did well but still has alot of improving to do when taking the player on he didnt release quick enough imo
probably rusty and will improve but looks to be getting back.

Dan Rioli also very impressive in his new role and looking like enjoying it and starting to take the game on more

Aarts is the player thats struggling and needs a rocket along with George

What about the bump he laid? you could hear the smack on the TV. I swear that kid is so tough and has shoulders of steel. Having Stack back makes me feel so good.

Wtf did someone pass around a Tupperware container full of "brownies" or something ?!? Some of these mooted trades are wild ass lol

Reckon Balmy opens his private stash of monte carlos at the Monday meeting with Blair and Clarkey and they piss themselves laughing reading this thread. Like roll on the floor stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back