Prediction Round 20: Changes Vs Richmond + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The stats probably over inflate their value.....

But I am keen to try Tobe watson up forward.

O driscoll should get a debut game in either of our next 3 home games.

O.D will debut this week hopefully. Should play the remaining 4 games.
Acres put in a strong 2nd half so should slot in.
If Western is ready to go, just put him in and keep him in.
Treacy will be back.
Lobb might be close?

One of Watson or Duman will come in if Pearce is an out, but they were terrible and be lucky to be on an AFL list next year.

O.D will debut this week hopefully. Should play the remaining 4 games.
Acres put in a strong 2nd half so should slot in.
If Western is ready to go, just put him in and keep him in.
Treacy will be back.
Lobb might be close?

One of Watson or Duman will come in if Pearce is an out, but they were terrible and be lucky to be on an AFL list next year.

O driscoll, Getting a debut game will be interesting. I wanna see him play.

Acres will come in.

Hoping western gets in. If he doesnt get a game this season, I wont be disapoointed. At least he got a taste of AFL footy.

Watson or Duman has to come in. Saying that, one needs to be kept on the list next season as depth.

I know finals experience is great and all but we'd be absolute frauds anyway (like whoever finishes 8th will be). We'd just get absolutely smashed by Port/Lions.
Play the kids
We have no place in the top 6

Western played against GC and he was so off the pace, thats okay he is allowed to be as he was a late pick 18 year old but he should not be anywhere near the team yet, he has had a taste and can continue to work at Peel while we try and win games.

O driscoll, Getting a debut game will be interesting. I wanna see him play.

Acres will come in.

Hoping western gets in. If he doesnt get a game this season, I wont be disapoointed. At least he got a taste of AFL footy.

Watson or Duman has to come in. Saying that, one needs to be kept on the list next season as depth.
No way. The are both rubbish & don't have the physique required. Turn the list over. Keep the b graders. Those boys are C's

It doesn’t matter if we do, but we want those young players to have a taste of finals: the pressure, the scrutiny, the preparation, to take with them into preseason.
Given our performance vs the Cats I think we'd just bruise our confidence in a final vs one of the top 5. We're not good enough and I think being shown to be that far off isn't helpful. We already know how far we are off the good teams (as they all smash us). That's enough to work with for now.

Whats the news on Lobbe ?Darcy is severely hobbled . Hopefully Lobbe has recovered.
Treacy in for Walters.
Acres for Fyfe..
If Pearce was concussed we have know one to replace him except Duman or Watson.
Schulz, Collyer, Banfield and Henry don't deserve a spot but who do Freo replace them with.
The list is a shambles but we will just have to make the best with who is available.

Given our performance vs the Cats I think we'd just bruise our confidence in a final vs one of the top 5. We're not good enough and I think being shown to be that far off isn't helpful. We already know how far we are off the good teams (as they all smash us). That's enough to work with for now.

So we shouldn’t play finals because we’re scared of getting smashed? I don’t think we’re actually that far off it, especially against a fifth or sixth side, which would be Port or the Lions or Sydney. It’s not just finals experience for the players but also for the club. Coaches, medicos, administrators, comms and fans. I reckon there is so much more knock-on value of finals experience to take into next year, that would be non existent if we don’t make it. It’s depressing that this looks to be the case.

So we shouldn’t play finals because we’re scared of getting smashed? I don’t think we’re actually that far off it, especially against a fifth or sixth side, which would be Port or the Lions or Sydney. It’s not just finals experience for the players but also for the club. Coaches, medicos, administrators, comms and fans. I reckon there is so much more knock-on value of finals experience to take into next year, that would be non existent if we don’t make it. It’s depressing that this looks to be the case.
I don't think the experience would be significantly different for us compared to say the Port game in Adelaide or Lions in Brisbane. We're not going to get the full finals experience because those teams will have it won at quarter time and the rest of the game will reflect that.

I think if you can actually be competitive there is heaps to take out of it. We are not even close to competitive against the top 5 recently. Not going to get any better without Fyfe either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Western played against GC and he was so off the pace, thats okay he is allowed to be as he was a late pick 18 year old but he should not be anywhere near the team yet, he has had a taste and can continue to work at Peel while we try and win games.

One game doesn't really give him much chance. He found space and was ignored many times. Could easily have had a few more touches and been a similar game to a lot of games produced by other short people who keep getting games. Might as well give Western a handful of games to end the year than more games to Crowden and Colyer.

I don't think the experience would be significantly different for us compared to say the Port game in Adelaide or Lions in Brisbane. We're not going to get the full finals experience because those teams will have it won at quarter time and the rest of the game will reflect that.

I think if you can actually be competitive there is heaps to take out of it. We are not even close to competitive against the top 5 recently. Not going to get any better without Fyfe either.

If course it’ll be different. It’s two weeks of getting ready for a massive game. Finals changes the whole complexion. We’ve won more this year without fyfe than lost, I’m pretty sure.

If course it’ll be different. It’s two weeks of getting ready for a massive game. Finals changes the whole complexion. We’ve won more this year without fyfe than lost, I’m pretty sure.
He has missed:

Round 3 - Blues - lost
Round 13 - GCS - won
Round 15 - Pies - won

Checks out

You look at the Dockers listed players at peel and you think who played well this weekend to play against Richmond.....

Watson got 22 disposals and duman got 32 disposals. Both are 190 cm tall skinny defensive flankers.

Time to change things. I want either or both in and given time on a forward line spot. Acres got 27 disposals too.

As some people say on here. Our est 25 is good, outside of that isnt great.

Gotta rotate the depth and fringe players and kids.
Watson or Duman into backline, tucker onto the ball.

We can disagree. I don't think getting flogged in a final this year would change anything noticeably in the future. Impossible to prove either way of course.

3 weeks at home barring COVIDiddling, the club will want to make a statement and get some buy in from supporters.

4 games to go and not ruled out just yet, put up a decent performance against Richmond and we may crack 30k+. Club really, really needs this season to end differently than the limp noodle express we've had the past 5 seasons.

Hard to see at the moment as you'd imagine Tigers, Wet Toast and Brisbane all finding another gear pushing for finals and us falling over our feet to get there.

Play the kids? What kids? That literally means giving NOD a go, that's it. Western another run if he's available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back